Garuda is fun, but her use is limited - my Garuda feedback

bigBiermonster

Hello everyone,

So I've been playing with Garuda for about two days now, took her to different missions and different levels, and I think I've experienced enough to give an initial feedback.

First let me say I love her design, she truly feels different, and the worries people had about her being a "2nd Valkyr" are unfounded in my eyes.
Her abilities are versatile, her passive decent, and the new ult looks great and is really enjoyable to cast.

With that said, I have to agree with other voices in the community, that she has 2 glaring issues that prevent her from being a truly great frame:

A. Synergy - her abilities are all standalone, there is literally 0 synergy between any of her skills (except her 3 and her passive), and that's a shame because there could be so many ways to integrate them together and make her even more fun to play.

B. scaling - as I said, she is very fun to play, but that's true to low levels (aka, below sortie levels), once you take her against level 50 and above her shortcoming become apparent. while there is some scaling built into her (her 1 killing enemies below 35% and her 4 slash scale) it's not nearly enough, her 1's scaling is pretty much useless due to the way we kill enemies in WF, and her 4 just doesn't scratch the HP of enemies above level 60-70.

There have already been multiple suggestions in the community on how to increase both synergy and scale-ability, namely tie her ability dmg to the blood orb damage. I enjoy playing with her and I hope DE would give her some much needed buffs before she will be left in obscurity as another "meh" frame.    

Edited by bigBiermonster

vor 4 Minuten schrieb bigBiermonster:

Hello everyone,

So I've been playing with Garuda for about two days now, took her to different missions and different levels, and I think I've experienced enough to give an initial feedback.

First let me say I love her design, she truly feels different, and the worries people had about her being a "2nd Valkyr" are unfounded in my eyes.
Her abilities are versatile, her passive decent, and the new ult looks great and is really enjoyable to cast.

With that said, I have to agree with other voices in the community, that she has 2 glaring issues that prevent her from being a truly great frame:

A. Synergy - her abilities are all standalone, there is literally 0 synergy between any of her skills (except her 3 and her passive), and that's a shame because there could be so many ways to integrate them together and make her even more fun to play.

B. scaling - as I said, she is very fun to play, but that's true to low levels (aka, below sortie levels), once you take her against level 50 and above her shortcoming become apparent. while there is some scaling built into her (her 1 killing enemies below 35% and her 4 slash scale) it's not nearly enough, her 1's scaling is pretty much useless due to the way we kill enemies in WF, and her 4 just doesn't scratch the HP of enemies above level 60-70.

There have already been multiple suggestions in the community on how to increase both synergy and scale-ability, namely tie her ability dmg to the blood orb damage. I enjoy playing with her and I hope DE would give her some much needed buffs before she will be left in obscurity as another "meh" frame.    

i guess u didnt figure her out yet, no offense intended.

her 4 marks enemies. ALL damage dealt to them whilst having that mark causes a slash procc with the mentioned chance in the ability describtion, 100% at 200%+ power strenght.

her 1 charges the orb based on enemy dmg dealt to the shield or, better said, dmg blocked by the shield. if u charge the orb to lets say 200k dmg, image the slash procc it causes if it hits enemies with the mark from her 4. yes, u can literally 1 shot lv 155s with that no matter their armor. the higher enemy lvls are the more and faster the shield charges the orb so the higher the enemies are the harder her orb will hit. just use her 4 before and its certain death.

u can legit generate energy with her 2+3 and dont care about incoming damage unless enemies are lv 100+ or just so many that they outdmg the heal. worst case use her 1 +2 and then 3 to be nearly incinvible whilst charging the orb/heart whilst also generating energy to then use 4 and wipe literally anything hit by the 1 afterwards. 

her abilities are everything but stand alone. she is so full of synergy i wonder where on this forum u read that people complain about the lack of synergy....she only works well with synergy, which is one reason why many people seem to not understand her or/and underestimate her. maybe people judge her without really understanding her and hence think she lacks but she surely does not.

there are small things she could use, mainly concerning her passive or the size of her shield or an invinc frame during the jumps from 1 and 2 but thats it.

yes, her 1 stacks, but it doesn't scale, it will take you a long time to charge that 200k you're talking about, which makes it kind of useless in actual gameplay. the shield is nice, but very rarely you will be shot from only one direction, and in high levels, she is quite fragile.

this brings me to her 2, the range is abysmal, 6m default range basically means you must stay stationary, which is usually a bad idea in warframe, even with the shield up, the healing rate is somewhat decent, but again, the main issue here is scale-ability, and in lvl 80+ 44 health/s is really not a lot.

it's seems that you didn't notice my main "complaint", she is not viable at high levels, not in terms of dps and not in terms of survivability.

I saw this video after I posted my comment, it basically says the same things and more, and yes, you got complaints about lack of synergy.

Il y a 2 heures, bigBiermonster a dit :

yes, her 1 stacks, but it doesn't scale, it will take you a long time to charge that 200k you're talking about, which makes it kind of useless in actual gameplay. the shield is nice, but very rarely you will be shot from only one direction, and in high levels, she is quite fragile.

this brings me to her 2, the range is abysmal, 6m default range basically means you must stay stationary, which is usually a bad idea in warframe, even with the shield up, the healing rate is somewhat decent, but again, the main issue here is scale-ability, and in lvl 80+ 44 health/s is really not a lot.

it's seems that you didn't notice my main "complaint", she is not viable at high levels, not in terms of dps and not in terms of survivability.

I saw this video after I posted my comment, it basically says the same things and more, and yes, you got complaints about lack of synergy.

I don't even know why you're quoting this guy. His builds are terrible. When I used to watch his content, he was using corrosive projection on Saryn and Mag lol. At least take advice from people who do understand game mechanics.

If your title is how you feel about it then the warframe is totally fine. None of them is supposed to be good at everything.

he ignores lv 100+ enemies with the argument "there is no realistic reason why u should and would ever face them".

octavia...ash...nidus...quite a lot could be labled "mediocore" as a result of that. nidus takes time to ramp his 1, ash scales with enemies and his 4 is overkill vs starchart, especially with a venka prime build. octavia also scales with enemies and her abilities limit her to a "camping"-play style. shes super strong, but for the starchart thats a downside on quite some missions. garuda enables other damage instances to cause slash proccs. the higher the flat dmg from any source the better. its a minor CC too, at least better than miasma plus garuda can survive. saryn actually is also overkill vs starchart enemies although she cant reach as high lvls as others due to her lack in real cc and tankyness. garuda has a heal, she has somewhat CC and tankyness with the shield.  saryn also works on the starchart without being too much of a hassle, just spore isnt too fit for that. still, anti armor really doesnt matter much there.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb sixmille:

I don't even know why you're quoting this guy. His builds are terrible. When I used to watch his content, he was using corrosive projection on Saryn and Mag lol. At least take advice from people who do understand game mechanics.

If your title is how you feel about it then the warframe is totally fine. None of them is supposed to be good at everything.

i dont like his builds either, but thats taste/opinion and playstyle i guess. i wouldnt use this garuda build too though.

he has some points though. the execute on her 1 needs a better treshold mechanic so to say. a simple 100% execute would be similar to ashs teleport and maybe overkill considering its just a part of her 1, but she needs a way to make better use of the execute, maybe in conjunction with her passive since its really hard to work with it realistically.

her passive could use something like a duration on the highest achieved buff amount and a short invinc frame maybe on her 1 and 2s jumps wouldnt be overkill either, but he is really underestimating her. 

the range on her 2s heal could also be a bit bigger. his suggestion is waaay too big though imo. he sees the ability alone, not the full package imo and with the rest of her kit taken into account it shouldnt have more than 10m base range. a supportive build would be possible in theory, giving it ~27m aoe which is quite good although the heal would prolly be meh but for her melee/zone style not needed. usually u want to in with her 1, then 2 another target after the target from her 1 got melee'ed or executed, then 3 maybe for energy and 4 to apply marks. afterwards 1 or just weapon fire. this isnt neccessarily a stationary way to play, more like creating save zones out of enemies from where u operate. basically like a bloody wardance from enemy to enemy. too much range on her 2 is just not that required but a bit more is legit i think. she can already be a healer, so to say, but obviously its not her main focus.

even though he has points the "almost" should be really underlined. opinions and so on nice and fine, but its hard to ignore her 1 hit killing lv 155s with just 1 slash procc. if anything thats again an argument for more difficult content in the game where such powerful frames actually do matter. its true, her power for late game is not too important if someone doesnt play against these enemies and only does star chart, but again, thats just another argument pro more difficult content so that these frames truly have their spot. 

Edited by Xydeth

4 hours ago, sixmille said:

When I used to watch his content, he was using corrosive projection on Saryn and Mag lol.

Brozime is a huge dummy but the 4CP is squad is still meta. You will do more EDPS with a 4CP squad 6 hours into Arby's Vs an armored faction than a no CP steel charge squad even with 4 Saryns/4Mags.  

il y a 4 minutes, Sea_Wall a dit :

Brozime is a huge dummy but the 4CP is squad is still meta. You will do more EDPS with a 4CP squad 6 hours into Arby's Vs an armored faction than a no CP steel charge squad even with 4 Saryns/4Mags.  

Nobody stays that long in survival missions except a handful of players so I wouldn't say it's really an argument. The average player will NEVER benefit from CP on a well modded mag or saryn.

9 hours ago, bigBiermonster said:

namely tie her ability dmg to the blood orb damage.

I’d like the idea that a blood orb simply scales damage. Throwing a blob doesn’t really appeal. 

Perhaps it should imbue her with blood force to boost her dps and armor for a time.

something like 1 (charge). 4 to weaken and unleash 1 (infused) to lay waste with swipe attacks that cuts down mobs and lunges to them. Rinse repeat. 2 and 3 to top off whatever is needed.

10 hours ago, bigBiermonster said:

Brozime is almost never happy with anything initially and always makes suggestions that would make him like the frame.  Not suggestions that would actually follow along with the frames design.  He's good for information.  Not opinions.

I feel like you guys side tracked from my original intent, I only linked the video because Boz talked about Garuda's scaleability, which is my main concern.

Saying Saryn doesn't scale very well is true but also kind of nonsense, she is one of the best AOE frames in the game, and one of my favorite things to do in Warframe is to fight lvl 100+ enemies with her, she strips armor, does massive DPS, and got built in viral that makes killing enemies even easier and even have some healing with her augment.

Garuda on the other hand just becomes useless at those levels, her abilities doesn't scale (her orb stacks, there's a huge difference), her healing stops being useful at those levels (without mentioning it makes you stay in one place, which is very risky).

Every single frame in the game can be viable for star chart missions, those are a non-issue, the way I judge frames is if I can take them to a kuva flood or sortie 3, there are plenty of viable frames, but at the moment, Garuda is not one of them, at those levels she becomes dead wight

vor 38 Minuten schrieb bigBiermonster:

I feel like you guys side tracked from my original intent, I only linked the video because Boz talked about Garuda's scaleability, which is my main concern.

Saying Saryn doesn't scale very well is true but also kind of nonsense, she is one of the best AOE frames in the game, and one of my favorite things to do in Warframe is to fight lvl 100+ enemies with her, she strips armor, does massive DPS, and got built in viral that makes killing enemies even easier and even have some healing with her augment.

Garuda on the other hand just becomes useless at those levels, her abilities doesn't scale (her orb stacks, there's a huge difference), her healing stops being useful at those levels (without mentioning it makes you stay in one place, which is very risky).

Every single frame in the game can be viable for star chart missions, those are a non-issue, the way I judge frames is if I can take them to a kuva flood or sortie 3, there are plenty of viable frames, but at the moment, Garuda is not one of them, at those levels she becomes dead wight

her abilities dont scale ??? what the floof are u talking about.

the shield from her 1 absorbs dmg from enemies into the orb -> enemy scaling. the more dmg enemies do the more it will absorb and if u debuffed enemies with her 4 before u will deal so much slash procc dmg based which indirectly scales with enemies cause the total of the orbs dmg is based on how much dmg it absorbed. u know what else works similar ? ooctavia...she also basically reflects enemies dmg multiplied back to them. garuda is no different in that way, the execution is just very different.

its basically novas anti matter drop but with enemy scaling and paired with her 4s debuff it doesnt care about armor at all. being impact initially it also reks shields so it does its share vs every faction. slash proccs are always great so the only real worry are shields and nullies.