Fortuna does not fit on Venus

WarEagle

Hi, I might be new to the game, i played for 2 mouths and i really love the game. I like the idea  of an open world map and Fortuna update is awesome but now seriously its Cold and Water environment does not fin on Venus. Venus is a closer planet to the sun, there would fit a warm environment, with some volcanoes, something like that. Let bound a bit with reality and move Fortuna on Uranus or Neptune. In my opinion these 2 planets fits the best with map content. Maybe is just my opinion, some of you may agree, some of you may not, i just wanted to say that. Every time i go in Fortuna i feel like something is not right, something is wrong, knowing that it is on Venus. 

Edited by WarE4gle

Uranus and Neptune are gas giants though and thus would not have any solid "surface" to speak of.

However, I do share your sentiment that Venus is a very poor choice for an "ice" theme considering that IRL it's the closest thing to a damn HELL we have in the solar system. Over +800C atmosphere temp, sulphur clouds, crazy winds, etc. They could put Fortuna on the Mars ice cap, I guess, but DE also wanted to make an open desert-themed world for Mars itself, so idk.

At least, they could make Venus map split in 2 regions. Terraforming area which is cold and the natural one which is boiling hot.

Edited by EvilChaosKnight

il y a 15 minutes, WarE4gle a dit :

Hi, I might be new to the game, i played for 2 mouths and i really love the game. I like the idea  of an open world map and Fortuna update is awesome but now seriously its Cold and Water environment does not fin on Venus. Venus is a closer planet to the sun, there would fit a warm environment,

While i understand your sentiment, consider that the Orb Vallis is canonically the center of the region the Orokin terraformed, and it's literally riddled with coolant towers. The story goes that they tried to bring Venus to a habitable level of temperature and atmosphere but the coolant towers failed spectacularly and turned the area around them into a frozen hell. 

To be honest if they keep making these modules i can see stuff like Mercury being more in line with what you describe later in your post, because having Venus stay as is as a hot hell would also mean nothing could move about on the planet due to temperature AND pressure. Mercury is just hot. 

Fortuna's actually the in-universe reasoning for this - Venus has been oddly cold for a long time. The whole thing is that it's a terraforming project. That's why there's coolant everywhere and so on.

They were originally going to add firey areas but they eventually decided against it.

1 hour ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

However, I do share your sentiment that Venus is a very poor choice for an "ice" theme considering that IRL it's the closest thing to a damn HELL we have in the solar system. Over +800C atmosphere temp, sulphur clouds, crazy winds, etc. They could put Fortuna on the Mars ice cap, I guess, but DE also wanted to make an open desert-themed world for Mars itself, so idk.

I think it was a deliberate choice to emphasize how megalomanic the Orokin were with their terraforming projects. They turned the exact opposite of an ice planet into an ice planet instead of making it just cool enough to be inhabitable.

Edited by Guest

spoils pretty much up to the latest warframe quest, careful:

Spoiler

you play as a void demon-child who has an ai capable of flying ships, building foundry items, deploying a fuelless jetpack attached with a gun that has infinite ammo- not to mention sound in space- who fights against 1) generationally inbred clones that are ruled by basically a giant snake and a little gekko girl, 2) space tax collectors, 3) a living virus capable of creating huge manifestations capable of speech and destruction and 4) living robots that were made by old people that died ages ago, while wearing dead people (well, alright, recreations of dead infested people whatever) that can use various powers such as: throwing fireballs, mind controlling enemies, playing music so hard it kills everyone around you, crashing into the ground so hard it stops time of those affected, whatever the hell limbo does, and MORE

lets also talk about how many of warframe's weapons are crazy: 

-electric laser beam that jumps to enemies and stuns all of them

-a gun that literally shoots slugs made out of glass and detonates on impact

-scythe that shoots out toxic sludge

-rocket powered hammer

-glass hammer

------

stronger/more blatant spoilers past this line, careful

not to mention we literally just 3d printed a living being in one of the latest quests, also we had a dream and came out of it with a blueprint for our 3d printer that is automagically powered btw

...but that's what you want to talk about? are you sure about that?

why start now? why start worrying about likeness to reality now???

Edited by Ordel
added more

En 13/11/2018 a las 7:18, Ordel dijo:

spoils pretty much up to the latest warframe quest, careful:

Ocultar contenido

you play as a void demon-child who has an ai capable of flying ships, building foundry items, deploying a fuelless jetpack attached with a gun that has infinite ammo- not to mention sound in space- who fights against 1) generationally inbred clones that are ruled by basically a giant snake and a little gekko girl, 2) space tax collectors, 3) a living virus capable of creating huge manifestations capable of speech and destruction and 4) living robots that were made by old people that died ages ago, while wearing dead people (well, alright, recreations of dead infested people whatever) that can use various powers such as: throwing fireballs, mind controlling enemies, playing music so hard it kills everyone around you, crashing into the ground so hard it stops time of those affected, whatever the hell limbo does, and MORE

lets also talk about how many of warframe's weapons are crazy: 

-electric laser beam that jumps to enemies and stuns all of them

-a gun that literally shoots slugs made out of glass and detonates on impact

-scythe that shoots out toxic sludge

-rocket powered hammer

-glass hammer

------

stronger/more blatant spoilers past this line, careful

not to mention we literally just 3d printed a living being in one of the latest quests, also we had a dream and came out of it with a blueprint for our 3d printer that is automagically powered btw

...but that's what you want to talk about? are you sure about that?

why start now? why start worrying about likeness to reality now???

I just logged in to applaud you. Damn straight. You are right as hek.

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎12 at 4:17 PM, Pr1A said:

I think it was a deliberate choice to emphasize how megalomanic the Orokin were with their terraforming projects. They turned the exact opposite of an ice planet into an ice planet instead of making it just cool enough to be inhabitable.

Technically it was more a case of the Orokin no longer being around to manage the process, so the cooling systems didn't know when to stop.

On 2018-11-12 at 11:17 AM, Pr1A said:

This is how I feel. The Orokin wanted to show their dominion over all things, technological and natural, to establish themselves as Gods; so what better way than to turn a 9000 degree fireball of a planet into a blizzard?

Venus rotates so slowly that the side pointed toward the sun is roughly 450+ degrees Celsius. On the flip side though, temperatures reach as low as -175 degrees Celsius. Fortuna most likely takes place here with placeholders that prevent the planet from rotating too much or else it would be exposed to the hot side of the planet. I understand Venus is the hottest planet in our solar system, but it has a very cold side no one really talks a bout. 

37 minutes ago, UndeadToasty said:

Venus rotates so slowly that the side pointed toward the sun is roughly 450+ degrees Celsius. On the flip side though, temperatures reach as low as -175 degrees Celsius. Fortuna most likely takes place here with placeholders that prevent the planet from rotating too much or else it would be exposed to the hot side of the planet. I understand Venus is the hottest planet in our solar system, but it has a very cold side no one really talks a bout. 

Venus is not Mercury. This is indeed an astronomical mistake.

Venus doesn't have a cold side.

On 2018-11-12 at 9:08 AM, WarE4gle said:

Hi, I might be new to the game, i played for 2 mouths and i really love the game. I like the idea  of an open world map and Fortuna update is awesome but now seriously its Cold and Water environment does not fin on Venus. Venus is a closer planet to the sun, there would fit a warm environment, with some volcanoes, something like that. Let bound a bit with reality and move Fortuna on Uranus or Neptune. In my opinion these 2 planets fits the best with map content. Maybe is just my opinion, some of you may agree, some of you may not, i just wanted to say that. Every time i go in Fortuna i feel like something is not right, something is wrong, knowing that it is on Venus. 

You're new here, so you don't actually understand the game's lore. Venus was terraformed by the Orokin, in an attempt to make it more hospitable. But the terraforming machines went into disrepair, so the cooling towers went haywire and turned it into a frozen wasteland.

7 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Venus is not Mercury. This is indeed an astronomical mistake.

Venus doesn't have a cold side.

Correct. It's the dense clouds (sulfur and carbon dioxide, right?) that trap heat inside the planet. That's what keeps it warm. There's certainly not a cold side to Venus. He's definitely thinking about Mercury.