Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K-Drive Combat

Gromnus

Now, a lot of people are asking for things like weapon use, or ability use, and while I don't know if I 100% like the idea, I absolutely like the idea of staying on my board in combat. Now, I know there are already some mods that let you do damage, but I was thinking of having you do actual attacks while on your board.

How about you use E? Have it so that hitting E does an attack, like a spin or some sort of smack, and change the directional dismount to X or something. Maybe R? Also perhaps let us boost into enemies to deal damage, or at the very least Ragdoll them.

In regards to the powers, I don't see the problem with letting things like Iron Skin stay on when you use the board, and perhaps even small projectile abilities like Ash's Shurikens. Or perhaps even give the boards their own abilities, like creating a short rail in the air, or firing a projectile, or ground-pounding.

Edited by Gromnus
Sentence Flow

Or heck, let us kick or punch while on the board, Streets of Rage style. No wait, Road Rage? Rash? Speaking of, using melee weapons on your K-Drive is also an idea, but I think I like the idea of a man and his board by themselves. Plus you can do Tenno on boards without having to change much.

Honestly I would've liked it if they took off the 3k cap, i can EASILY hit 5k (doing the math of course). I would like to compete with my friends as this is the only way we can actually use the K-Drive. Races are easy, once you run them enough they're not difficult enough and even then they don't give enough standing, and by some accounts it's bugged so they don't give any standing, to make it worth doing them. As @Educated_Beast said this is mastery fodder; which is sad because it could've been so much more.

Since DE wanted to implement Archwing Guns for ground combat why not let us have two K-Drive modes you can switch between like swapping to your Secondary Trick-Mode and Combat-Mode. Combat-Mode let you use your equipped Arch-Gun while riding your K-Drive, now would that would be awesome.

Edited by Cephalon_Umbra

On 2018-11-14 at 5:38 PM, Educated_Beast said:

This is a third person shooter.  Absolutely no reason why we cannot shoot things from our boards.  

Archwings are supperior in everyway.  If you wanna do your man + board, feel free to go unequipped.  

I see no reason to use these.  Mastery fodder and done.  What a waste.

Probably because holding a gun while boarding looks dumb. If you wanna do some pew pews then by all means, gopher it. The point is that they're boards, and it'd be fun to do board-related things with them.

On 2018-11-14 at 8:48 PM, BtheLee said:

Honestly I would've liked it if they took off the 3k cap, i can EASILY hit 5k (doing the math of course). I would like to compete with my friends as this is the only way we can actually use the K-Drive. Races are easy, once you run them enough they're not difficult enough and even then they don't give enough standing, and by some accounts it's bugged so they don't give any standing, to make it worth doing them. As @Educated_Beast said this is mastery fodder; which is sad because it could've been so much more.

3k cap does seem a bit strange considering how little you get from it. Also the standing you're getting from the races is probably mostly tricks, they all but turned off races and race standing.

On 2018-11-15 at 2:43 AM, Cephalon_Umbra said:

Since DE wanted to implement Archwing Guns for ground combat why not let us have two K-Drive modes you can switch between like swapping to your Secondary Trick-Mode and Combat-Mode. Combat-Mode let you use your equipped Arch-Gun while riding your K-Drive, now would that would be awesome.

I dunno, Arch-guns are already pretty big on the archwing. Using them anywhere but in space might make them a tad impractical.

• 1 month later...

I'm all for K Drive combat ans I agree it should be separate from racing. It would be nice if the allow us to use weapons in that mode in an alt function . Being able to fire weapons and melee would definitely add more versatility to the game and it looks cool. They can add a new character in Salaris United that's a former ventkid turn rebel fighter as the goto guy for players to meet and allow access to true K Drive weapon mods, cosmetics and rewards for player v player and mission modes.