General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Tranqed Animal Not Immune to Passives

WolfieJoeyNoob

So I was doing a ton of Track and Tranq (Conservation) last night and found a bug concerning this part of one of the hotfixes:

Animals that have been Tranq’d are now invulnerable to avoid teammates/enemies killing them by accident (or on purpose).

I was running Rhino Prime and on collection of a Tranq'd Sunny Pobbler I landed too hard and his passive explosive Heavy Landing activated. This was close to the Pobbler to kill it, which is obviously in opposition to the pervious fix.

I don't know if this is unique to just Rhino or any of the passives that can do damage (e.g. Hydroid's Tendril's) can kill a tranq'd target, but Rhino's is the easiest to trigger, especially when hiding up on rocks/mushroom sections to avoid spooking targets.

3 hours ago, Chappie1975 said:

I do not think this is a bug.  That same "passive" is very good with volt and fishing since it allows you to use just one spear.  

Here's real irony. With said Volt passive you can accidentally can kill animals while trying to sedate them with the Tranquilizer gun in Orb Vallis animal conservation. Several volt mains accidentally experienced this. It's actually a detriment when it comes to animal conservation.

All passives are working currently on animals, and yes, Banshee makes herself ideal for said animal conservation.

For animal conservation, it would actually be desirable if volt's passive could be disabled on the tranquilizer gun in some way. only just specifically for volt in regards to animal conservation.

EDIT: Sorry, I just saw hotfixed 24.0.4 so now Volt's passive is now disabled on the tranq-gun, woot.

For OP, are you sure you definitely hit all 3 pobblers with the tranq-gun? I could've sworn they should be definitely invulnerable after they've been sedated and did the animation of falling asleep. But I can definitely see this being bugged because hotfix 24.0.2. introduced a weird series of bugs in my opinion. Hopefully this gets looked into.

Edited by BlindStalker

1 hour ago, BlindStalker said:

For OP, are you sure you definitely hit all 3 pobblers with the tranq-gun? I could've sworn they should be definitely invulnerable after they've been sedated and did the animation of falling asleep. But I can definitely see this being bugged because hotfix 24.0.2. introduced a weird series of bugs in my opinion. Hopefully this gets looked into.

I only hit one, because I'm terrible at hitting multiples atm lol, but it was definitely asleep when I landed as I always wait for them to keel over before coming down.

Dunno if it has been fixed as the most recent notes only mention Volt's Passive, I'll go quickly check it now.

EDIT: It's been fixed it seems! Closing the Thread, thanks DE!

Edited by WolfieJoeyNoob
Bug fixed