Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Wall of Bahamut [OOC, Open]

ShrimpOverlord

Years after the war, the Corpus have discovered a possible threat in a neighboring dimension. They build a dimension travel machine and sent a bunch of people to check that threat out. Unbeknownst to everyone, that dimension is vastly different in ways that the corpus could not predict. Venture into that dimension, not knowing what is expecting you in the other side.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, and welcome to TWoB - an RP which brings the sci-fi Warframes into a strange and mysterious fantasy world.

I'm going to explain a few things.

*This is not a very dark RP. There might be a few dark moments, but overall, the atmosphere is fun.

*In the alternate dimension, the rules of physics are different from our dimensions, making guns and energy weapons useless. The main weapons are melee weapons.

*I am going to be using a D20 system and a health system. I'm going to explain about them later.

*Breaking the rules 3 times, will result in 2 things: Ruining other's fun, and getting kicked. Sorry, but that's just needed.

*This is a remake. The events are going to be similar, but not quite the same.

Note: If you don't understand the systems I'm going to describe, don't worry. They are very easy to understand once you start using them, and the text explanation can be confusing.

D20 system:

Spoiler

Due to my love and respect towards D&D, I'm going to use a D20 system.

The way it works is that when in a fight, instead of describing your attack on an enemy, you first roll a D20. To hit an enemy, you need to roll above its armor class (AC for short).

Critical rolls: Rolling 20 will always hit, and will cause double damage to the enemy. Rolling one will cause the attack to miss, and the next enemy to attack you will roll twice, and pick the better roll.

Example: X is fighting a zombie. The zombie has an AC of 7. X rolls 13 and hits the zombie. X's player then describes the hit: "X charged towards the zombie with his spear raised. Before the zombie can react, he stabs him with the spear".

Example 2: Y is fighting a mud crab. The mud crab has an AC of 5. Y rolls a 3 and misses the zombie. Y's player describes the miss: "Y tried to kick the mud crab. The mud crab dodged, and instead Y's foot hit a rock."

HP system:

Enemies and player characters have a set HP. Once a player hits an enemy, or an enemy hits a character, you reduce some of the HP of the target. The damage is determined by the weapon type.

Example: X uses a spear, which deals 5 damage on hit. X deals56 damage to the zombie.

Weapon system:

Different weapons have different damage and different attacks per turn.

Big weapons: 5 damage, 1 attack per turn.

Medium weapons: 2 damage, 2 attacks per turn. Can attack two different enemies in one turn.

Ranged weapons: 3 damage, can attack without getting close to the enemy. Enemies will target you less.

Fists: 1 damage, 2 attacks per turn, can attack different enemies.

Loot system 

After the players kill a difficult monster, they roll for loot.

Loot rolls list:

Spoiler

1-3: No loot 😞

3-6: A little gold.

7-10: A moderate amount of gold.

11-14: Some kind of consumable.

15-18: A weapon or a piece of armor with a nice effect.

19: A big amount of gold.

20: Legendary weapon / armor.

Players have a base HP of 25 and a base AC of 10.

Rules:

If you die, you can submit an application for another character.
Dying means dying. No revives.
This is pre u18 cannon. Tenno are inside the warframe.
Game mechanics =\= RP mechanics. (Ex. Hide weapon when holstered isn't cannon.)
Absolutely no meta-gaming 
Only I or other DMs can spawn enemies
Please put some effort in your posts. I am not saying that every post should be a wall of text, just have it at least 3 lines. In combat, though, it's fine to have one or two lines of text.
During a battle, you only get 1 attack per post. You need to wait for at least 2 posts before attacking again. 
I cannot stretch this enough. No re-rolling.

Spoiler

Ice giants are not called ice giants just because they're cold.
No talking about ice giants, or making ice giant related puns.

Applications:

Name:

Race: Tenno, Corpus, or Grineer. Normal humans are rare.

Personality:

Warframe, if Tenno:

Weapon (I'll need to approve your weapon and choose a category. Choose one without a special effect):

Bio:

Appearance:

Edited by ShrimpOverlord

Name: Kami

Race: Tenno

Personality: Shy, but quite positive and upbeat.

Warframe, if Tenno: Banshee

Weapon: Spear

Bio: As a quiet and pensive lass, Kami prefers to watch and listen, though her upbeat joviality and childlike optimism often cause the girl to be borderline obnoxious. After coming out of cryostasis, she tagged along with a squad of more experienced Tenno, for a good while, before becoming a solo operator. As most Tenno, Kami is skilled with all manner of weapons, though her preference lies with spears, polearms, and pistols. Her past endeavors are relatively unremarkable, compared to her for her squad mates and one very bizzare Mirage, that she met by chance in a bar.

Appearance: Kami has lustrous, pale-blonde hair, deep sapphire eyes, and a pale skin. She wears a Reverb Banshee warframe in various shades of gray with a turquoise energy color. Outside of her frame the girl prefers a "relaxed formal" attire, consisting of boot-cut pants and a tight-fitting, short-sleeved dress shirt. Kami is of athletically-average build, with a well-defined posture, and a slightly flowing, relaxed stance and gait.

2 hours ago, Arunafeltz said:

This is uh, the fourth remake or something now? How many pages will we reach before the fifth remake?

The first reached a noteworthy amount of pages, and ended because we continued it in a spin-off somewhere else. The second and third were a bit forced and died due to a bunch of us being burnt out, including me.

It's been a year since I last participated in an RP, and I don't feel burnt out anymore. I honestly do believe this one will last a while.

In that case, count me in. With the same character as previously, with some minor updates.

Name: Zwei Esser
Race: Corpus
Personality: Curious nature, with a mind that tends to wander when not focused on research. Eccentric and cranky from self-testing of various drugs. May suffer from occasional withdrawal symptoms.
Equipment: A pair of Fang stilettos(Medium), obtained from his service researching various Stims on Tenno Relays. Doctor's bag.
Bio: The middle of three brothers, Zwei was a brilliant understudy of a Corpus biochemist, with a chief position waiting for him upon completion of his current project. He frequently tests his formulations and mixes on himself, recording his findings and experimenting with various substances.
Agenda: With his competent medical theory and knowledge of field surgery, Zwei often takes up contracts as a medical officer or field medic on expeditions and mercenary tours. Recently, his research has branched into Tenno-sourced Stim technology from Synthulas, and he desires to assess their efficacy. And what better subject than himself?

Appearance: Pale-lipped, dark-lidded, and sunken-cheeked with much of the colour drained from his clammy skin, standing hunched at about 175cm tall. His head is completely bald, with a snake-like pattern of bars imprinted on his scalp. A dark blue jumpsuit is worn under a white lab coat, deep pocketed and hiding various syringes and bottles.

Edited by Arunafeltz

Why... oh lord why...

I have to join this... curse you 😄

Name: Skuld Ebonheart

Personality: Woof!

Warframe, if Tenno: Valkyr (Gersemi skin). Will get pic soon.

Weapon: fist. And claws. But mainly FIST.

Bio: Originally awakened on the glacier rock of Europa, Skuld despised the cold the second she felt it on her skin. He liset was trashed, figures, the old war wasn't kind. So she began running errands, missions, anything to get her enough cash to get off the ice world. That obviously led to trouble, gangs and family matters, things she would rather avoid talking about. Now she not only needs to get off the planet, she needs to disappear. How convenient that she was invited to some Corpus thingie, she accepted immediately.

Appearance: skin is a pale-ish fair color, result of the climate she lived in. Hair is a dark grey with light green accents. Eyes are heterochromic, left turquoise, right cyan. Has a pretty strong build, typical for Tenno warriors and melee experts. Features some light scarring, small cuts on parts of her face.

Name: Nuro

Personality: Nuro could best be described as the ashes that remain after a raging fire. She's worn out, easily irritated, and *very* physically aggressive. The ginger can usually be found glaring a hole at the horizon directly in front of her.

Warframe, if Tenno: Zephyr

Weapon: Tipedo

Bio: Awakened somewhere in the sandy deserts of Mars, Nuro's post-awakening life was mostly spent in the company of the band of Tenno that had awakened her from her cryopod, taking her in and training her in the arts she'd all but forgotten. All was well.. until they came. She shudders to recall the memories... Dozens of them, vicious, mindless hordes, tearing apart anything in their way with the finesse of a chair to the face. The new recruits... 

Her partaking in the Corpus mission that she was invited is her first opportunity to take a break from having to train people to not stare into the barrel of a Boltor, or helping the Trinity reattach fingers that they'd had lopped off while flourishing their Ether Daggers. 

Appearance: A fair-skinned woman, Nuro stands at six feet with a short, thick head of orange hair shaved at the sides, providing an interesting complement to her dark brown eyes. She wears a light gray Zephyr warframe with accents of a burnt orange. Beneath, her body is sculpted just well enough to avoid affecting her dexterity, more akin to the build of a runner than a martial arts fighter.

Alright, so we have one sheet from the original TWoB group coming (hopefully) tomorrow and then I guess we can start.

Thing is that I want a bit more new people as well. 

Is there a chance that a lurker is reading this, not sure if they want to join or not? If so, don't be shy.  Some new people might add a lot to the RP.

Well this seems rather interesting especially since i have always wanted to be a part of something like this but never got the chance.  Here goes nothing i suppose.

Name: Zeur

Personality: Zeur is someone to be careful around on the battlefield when she gets into the chaotic behavior that makes those around her think she is death and madness combined however off the battlefield you would never guess she was the same person with her slightly shy personality.

Warframe, if Tenno: Equinox

Weapon: Scythe

Bio: Upon being awoken in a research facility on Uranus Zeur was tortured by the grineer scientists and put to work on the various biological and chemical projects.  After learning enough to create several vials of poison she killed nearly every grineer there, grabbed an equinox frame, and stole a transport to fly far from Uranus.  Zeur then trained with a group of tenno to use various melee weapons but favored the scythe before searching for an adventure that would give her the opportunity to study new creatures and materials.

Appearance: She has pure purple hair that goes down to her shoulders with heterochromic eyes making her left eye a sapphire blue while her right eye is a ruby red.  For her accessories she has the dual oculus that is connected to her venith earpieces.  The colors for her equinox are purple for main, blue for secondary, and red for tertiary all of which are pure color.

Hey! 😄

I'm new in Warframe-based RPG, and thought: why not give it a try? I'm not sure in staying here so long, but until 'hope, we'll have fun! 

Name: Noppa
Personality: Good guy, with a good heart and a good sense of humour. Often goes to dark areas, forgotten, or forbidden in this case, but not literally. He loves to keep the rules, you know. Noppa likes to make everyone laugh, and likes to fight even more! Surely someone, who you can train with. This is ladies & gentlemen, a true, true extrovert
Warframe, if Tenno: Excalibur
Weapon: Galatine
Bio: 
- From Noppa's little notes: "I was a U.B. Unknown being, even to myself, who has woken up on Mars. Nothing to do, nothing to have this U.B. decided then to go hunt. Killing made me money, so I could buy new weapons and a blue, silky blindfold for the eyes. Later who could believe by his very own... senses? Caught by a little Tenno squad, taught and got an enlightment about life itself. I found myself interested in Physics too, not just in murdering someone, so I've learnt more about it since then, while I surely know, how to be funny in the same time."
Appearance:
- As a human: With his fair skin and long, silver hair Noppa almost looks like an angel. He also got silver eyes, but most of the time they are folded away. Sensitivity to sunlight something which is definitely not good to have. Luckily, it's just affects his visual coordination, not his skin and creativity. Hehe, anyway He's pretty tall, like man! I haven't seen guys with 192 centimetres that much, with this slim look. He seems to be fragile, and here's the paper of warning: He isn't. 
- As Excalibur: The top of the head, the arms, the legs are all bluish purple. His chest and belly are white. He likes to wear a cape-like thing which is white-based and has random purple patterns on it.

Edited by Tenro97

On 2018-11-17 at 11:02 AM, (XB1)WaterJewel94694 said:

-snip-

20 hours ago, Tenro97 said:

-snip-

Both are okay. Welcome!

The IC page is up!

Unfortunately, something personal came up and I wouldn't be able to post for the next week or so.

Fortunately, this is a great opportunity to introduce the characters to each other and develop their relationships. Feel free to post and get to know the other characters!

@Psychotoxin is in charge of DMing just in case something goes foul IC when I'm not here.

eh, I guess it's time to get Op without wanting to do so again.

Name: Custos

Race: Human

Personality: Describing Custos personality is no easy feat, years of changing identity, appearance and customs made so his personality would now tend to slip and change, sometimes in a subtle manner, sometimes becoming the contrary of the previous one in a good 180.

Warframe, if Tenno: None

Weapon: Silva and Aegis

Bio: Custos early life is a mystery, he's not a famous hitman, a psychopath sentient osprey or a corpus freelance janitor, neither he was part of the struggle between Grineer, Corpus and Tenno, and while this mostly was because of his lack of adventures and the like, during his whole life moving from all sorts of lifestyles he would master one thing: camouflaging, but not for becoming an assassin, a spy or such, but simply to attempt and live a normal life in all the various sides of life and such.

In fact, he got so good at doing so that his mind itself started adapting to the various looks he would take, changing and molding itself into the role chosen during said part of life, and now he was apparently called by the Corpus to explore an alternate dimension... maybe now his life was finally at a turn from his "normal" days? maybe this would be the first of a series of adventures, maybe he would simply hide once again in plain sight once in the new dimension, the simple amount of possibilities was the reason he accepted such a job,

Appearance:?

Spoiler

g7444.png

Edited by vodkacrepper

2 hours ago, vodkacrepper said:

eh, I guess it's time to get Op without wanting to do so again.

Name: Custos

Race: Human

Personality: Describing Custos personality is no easy feat, years of changing identity, appearance and customs made so his personality would now tend to slip and change, sometimes in a subtle manner, sometimes becoming the contrary of the previous one in a good 180.

Warframe, if Tenno: None

Weapon: Silva and Aegis

Bio: Custos early life is a mystery, he's not a famous hitman, a psychopath sentient osprey or a corpus freelance janitor, neither he was part of the struggle between Grineer, Corpus and Tenno, and while this mostly was because of his lack of adventures and the like, during his whole life moving from all sorts of lifestyles he would master one thing: camouflaging, but not for becoming an assassin, a spy or such, but simply to attempt and live a normal life in all the various sides of life and such.

In fact, he got so good at doing so that his mind itself started adapting to the various looks he would take, changing and molding itself into the role chosen during said part of life, and now he was apparently called by the Corpus to explore an alternate dimension... maybe now his life was finally at a turn from his "normal" days? maybe this would be the first of a series of adventures, maybe he would simply hide once again in plain sight once in the new dimension, the simple amount of possibilities was the reason he accepted such a job,

Appearance:?

Reveal hidden contents

g7444.png

Amazing, all good

Oh hey another one. I'm going to toss up my sheet from the last one then because I'm lazy

Name: Tyr 

Race: Tenno

Personality: A man of few words. Tyr doesn't speak unless he feels he needs to. He is a man who seems to be a cold and calculating individual who almost never shows emotion. 

Warframe: Atlas

Weapon: Scindo Prime, Heavy Weapon

Bio: Tyr was a man who was taught from birth that his actions would always outweigh his words. Like the climate,he was raised in, Tyr has a cold and dangerous outlook on life, and rarely ever looks towards the positive. Despite the fact that he rarely speaks, he is a fiercely loyal person who stands by his comrades in the thickest of battles.

Appearance: 

Tyr: Tyr can be described as a battle hardened wall of muscle. Due to his battles, Tyr has numerous scars on his arms and a significantly deep gash down the center of his chest. His skin is paler than most and earned him the nickname; "The Ghostly Giant". Surrounding his lips is a thick, neatly trimmed beard that extends and connects with his equally thick and neat side burns that cover his strong jawline. His hair is a jet black with small flecks of grey hairs. His teeth almost resemble a wolf's teeth. His eyes are Emerald Green

Height: 6' 10"
   Weight: 300lbs.

Tyr's Atlas: Due to the massive size of Tyr, his Atlas has been modified to suit his tastes. The Atlas bears a custom Matte Grey on Metallic Black paint job. It is noticeably bigger than most Atlas's standing at 7 feet tall. On both fists of the Warframe, a Wolf crest is embellished with glowing green eyes. 

On 2018-11-23 at 4:52 PM, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

Oh hey another one. I'm going to toss up my sheet from the last one then because I'm lazy

Name: Tyr 

Race: Tenno

Personality: A man of few words. Tyr doesn't speak unless he feels he needs to. He is a man who seems to be a cold and calculating individual who almost never shows emotion. 

Warframe: Atlas

Weapon: Scindo Prime, Heavy Weapon

Bio: Tyr was a man who was taught from birth that his actions would always outweigh his words. Like the climate,he was raised in, Tyr has a cold and dangerous outlook on life, and rarely ever looks towards the positive. Despite the fact that he rarely speaks, he is a fiercely loyal person who stands by his comrades in the thickest of battles.

Appearance: 

Tyr: Tyr can be described as a battle hardened wall of muscle. Due to his battles, Tyr has numerous scars on his arms and a significantly deep gash down the center of his chest. His skin is paler than most and earned him the nickname; "The Ghostly Giant". Surrounding his lips is a thick, neatly trimmed beard that extends and connects with his equally thick and neat side burns that cover his strong jawline. His hair is a jet black with small flecks of grey hairs. His teeth almost resemble a wolf's teeth. His eyes are Emerald Green

Height: 6' 10"
   Weight: 300lbs.

Tyr's Atlas: Due to the massive size of Tyr, his Atlas has been modified to suit his tastes. The Atlas bears a custom Matte Grey on Metallic Black paint job. It is noticeably bigger than most Atlas's standing at 7 feet tall. On both fists of the Warframe, a Wolf crest is embellished with glowing green eyes. 

All good, feel free to join as if you were there from the start.

Also, I will be back to full activity at the 24th. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent. With that in mind, here we go.

Name: Harker

Personality: Very quiet, tends to try to avoid others due to his "Infection". However, he is very protective of those who can crack his shell and earn his trust.

Warfame: Nidus(Phryke skin)

Weapon: Scoliac (Medium? Unsure of how Whips/whip-swords fit in all of this)

Bio: Stationed on Eris when it fell to the Infestation, Harker was captured by the Infested while holding them off so his allies could escape the planet. He was held within a biopod with the intent of turning him, and while his Tenno biology prevented him from being fully corrupted, he did not escape fully unscathed. He was released from his prison many years later by a Tenno raiding party, and while his liberators assured him he wasn't contagious, Harker took no chances and isolated himself from typical Tenno life, taking solo missions in the Derelicts where his condition couldn't spread. Nowadays he is somewhat less isolationist than he used to be, he still tries to avoid populated areas and generally makes no physical contact.

Appearance: Harker's human form is just shy of 6 feet tall and is fairly fit, with greenish-blue eyes and strange white hair with bronze highlights. His skin is white, but not so pale as though to seem like he doesn't get out much. Harker's Warframe form is Nidus Phryke with the default colors, including the Reshef Vipaza and the Nosos Syandana.

Note: due to the nature of his Frame(and his backstory) Harker doesn't "wear" his Warframe like armor. Rather, he is his Warframe. His body warps and shifts from human to Warframe form as needed, a process that, while relatively quick, is never the less disturbing to watch. He can't shapeshift in the truest sense of the ability, but it's similar enough that one could lump it in under that umbrella. Also, he stores his Scoliac whip inside his body, calling it as needed. As to Nidus' natural regeneration and the stacks mechanic, Harker does have naturally fast healing, but at a significantly slowed rate(roughly 10 HP per hour on the move, 60 when resting). As to stacks, Nidus gains them by absorbing biomatter(flesh, bone, ect.). One medium-sized humanoid is worth 5 stacks, with smaller being worth less and larger being worth more. The specific amount of time needed to fully consume corpse, I'll leave up to your disctretion, but to allevieate some of the headaches of my character, I'll keep track of stack's in my posts.

19 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Excellent. With that in mind, here we go.

Name: Harker

Personality: Very quiet, tends to try to avoid others due to his "Infection". However, he is very protective of those who can crack his shell and earn his trust.

Warfame: Nidus(Phryke skin)

Weapon: Scoliac (Medium? Unsure of how Whips/whip-swords fit in all of this)

Bio: Stationed on Eris when it fell to the Infestation, Harker was captured by the Infested while holding them off so his allies could escape the planet. He was held within a biopod with the intent of turning him, and while his Tenno biology prevented him from being fully corrupted, he did not escape fully unscathed. He was released from his prison many years later by a Tenno raiding party, and while his liberators assured him he wasn't contagious, Harker took no chances and isolated himself from typical Tenno life, taking solo missions in the Derelicts where his condition couldn't spread. Nowadays he is somewhat less isolationist than he used to be, he still tries to avoid populated areas and generally makes no physical contact.

Appearance: Harker's human form is just shy of 6 feet tall and is fairly fit, with greenish-blue eyes and strange white hair with bronze highlights. His skin is white, but not so pale as though to seem like he doesn't get out much. Harker's Warframe form is Nidus Phryke with the default colors, including the Reshef Vipaza and the Nosos Syandana.

Note: due to the nature of his Frame(and his backstory) Harker doesn't "wear" his Warframe like armor. Rather, he is his Warframe. His body warps and shifts from human to Warframe form as needed, a process that, while relatively quick, is never the less disturbing to watch. He can't shapeshift in the truest sense of the ability, but it's similar enough that one could lump it in under that umbrella. Also, he stores his Scoliac whip inside his body, calling it as needed. As to Nidus' natural regeneration and the stacks mechanic, Harker does have naturally fast healing, but at a significantly slowed rate(roughly 10 HP per hour on the move, 60 when resting). As to stacks, Nidus gains them by absorbing biomatter(flesh, bone, ect.). One medium-sized humanoid is worth 5 stacks, with smaller being worth less and larger being worth more. The specific amount of time needed to fully consume corpse, I'll leave up to your disctretion, but to allevieate some of the headaches of my character, I'll keep track of stack's in my posts.

Alright, a few needs we need to go over:

• Due to the nature of the other universe, he will not be able to transform between his forms. He'll stay stuck with the shape he was when entering the universe. As for the weapon, if he doesn't have it out when he enters the portal, it's gonna be stuck inside him.
  • Healing is automatic and the same between all characters, so there's no need for that
  • Abilities don't work, so there's no need of keeping stacks - he can't use them anyway

21 minutes ago, ShrimpOverlord said:

Alright, a few needs we need to go over:

• Due to the nature of the other universe, he will not be able to transform between his forms. He'll stay stuck with the shape he was when entering the universe. As for the weapon, if he doesn't have it out when he enters the portal, it's gonna be stuck inside him.
  • Healing is automatic and the same between all characters, so there's no need for that
  • Abilities don't work, so there's no need of keeping stacks - he can't use them anyway

Very well. Also, how do whips function, seeing as it's wasn't mentioned in the OP.

Edited by Kerberos-3

2 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Very well. Also, how do whips function, seeing as it's wasn't mentioned in the OP.

If you mean weapon type, medium.

I don't have anything else to note - feel free to post whenever. Just drop in like the others did into the other universe, out of thin air. You can say your character was late, if you'd like to.