Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's this? Scared me when I wasn't looking

whitefurr

Question

So I was adjusting my control settings with my back turned around since I'm searching for some animal capture targets. When I turned around... this thing scared the S@#$ out of me XD I shoot it out of instinct hahaha. Can anyone tell me what exactly this is? Doesn't seem to be responding even when shot at. Makes a terrifying sound though if you approach it from the front but nothing happens. Stayed there during climates of warm and cold conditions...  Looks like a giant chilling crap on a steam bath.

🦀🦀🦀 🦀🦀

CDCB2D057F084C852B6EFC5388F550160DE978812lw5g05.jpg19EE9855F5F2CD44D0A58704325849C1C7CE331C8E7DCFAFB80747BCEC9E41187DF056EB4B0E4FAD

4 answers to this question

Looks to be Grineer design in origin, but much of Fortuna's lore is currently unknown, the updates been out for only a few days and people are still grinding away at the reputation and missions to see what's going on here on the planet surface, plus the Major battles have yet to fully be implimented. 

This may have to do with one of those things, or it's just a probe of some sort that crashed into the water... You know how much the Corpus and Grineer fight one another up there in the stars hiring us Tenno to fight their battles for them (before the Fleets are built and we destroy their fleets 😛 )

My guess would be it's one of the three Eidolon equivalents found in Fortuna, that we'll be able to fight later.

We have that one Orb sitting on top of the Enrichment Labs, and one stomping about the Temple of Profit,
both being special locations where Toroids drop from enemies.

The third location where Toroids drop is the Spaceport, and the lil' bugger TC noticed is in a small pond right next to that.

giphy.gif

(BTW, you can crouch underwater to see more of our mystery friend here.)

Edited by NinjaZeku

I'm pretty sure it's just one of the Orbs, right? I mean... the Toroids drop at the Enrichment Labs, the Temple of Profit, and the Spaceport, and likewise the other two Orbs hang around the Enrichment Labs and Temple of Profit, and given this is near the Spaceport, like I said, it seems to be the last Orb.

I explored the entire map from top to bottom but for some reason. If I want to AFK that crab is the best spot to be. XD The enemies don't attack you and it seems to keep any spaceship from getting close to it. I notice that it might have something to do with the nearby ships crashed in the water and wreckage around the crab thingy.3