Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's a Veteran to do?

krekireftw

Hi everyone one. I'm a PC player who transitioned from PS4 from around 2017, if I remember correctly. I played on PS4 since it's release, or since around Update 9.

I've been on and off the game quite a bit, but i've never had quite a hiatus like this. I'm MR 19 because I can't be bothered to grind the weapons and frames out. I spent a lot of time lately doing 1hr+ survivals on relics and Mot.

Now, I don't get entertainment from that anymore. I've spent just about 100 bucks on this game, and now I wonder, what's left for me to do? I mean, I've got Fortuna to do, but that's just about it. Anyone have any suggestions?

My playstyle is relatively casual, for example, I wont bother with using Saryn on ESO because it just isn't fun. I'm not going to go to Hydron to level with just one weapon at a time, i'm going to bring a sentinel and use some frame abilities too. I don't care if it isn't totally efficient, as long as it's fun or whatever.

8 minutes ago, krekireftw said:

Hi everyone one. I'm a PC player who transitioned from PS4 from around 2017, if I remember correctly. I played on PS4 since it's release, or since around Update 9.

I've been on and off the game quite a bit, but i've never had quite a hiatus like this. I'm MR 19 because I can't be bothered to grind the weapons and frames out. I spent a lot of time lately doing 1hr+ survivals on relics and Mot.

Now, I don't get entertainment from that anymore. I've spent just about 100 bucks on this game, and now I wonder, what's left for me to do? I mean, I've got Fortuna to do, but that's just about it. Anyone have any suggestions?

My playstyle is relatively casual, for example, I wont bother with using Saryn on ESO because it just isn't fun. I'm not going to go to Hydron to level with just one weapon at a time, i'm going to bring a sentinel and use some frame abilities too. I don't care if it isn't totally efficient, as long as it's fun or whatever.

Do you do eidolon hunts? Kuva farming to turn those riven into god tier status just for fun? Sometimes when you want a break from the grind helping out new players is always refreshing.

Edited by KamikazeKamanzi

Typically just playing with good friends or helping out newer players is enough to keep me engaged while having almost nothing to do. (Right now that isn't the case as much, just have to wait on daily Standing resets)

Either that or I'm just capping dailies solo (Sorties, Syndicates, etc), or trading for a bit of plat for my fashion-hungry Operator.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

8 minutes ago, Frebben said:

Mentor a new player. That gave me purpose when it felt like there was nothing to do.

I agree with this.  I'd do it a lot more that I do myself if I have more time to put into Warframe.  

Another suggestion would be to change up your play-style.  An odd idea, I know, but it's one that breathed know life into the game for me, at least for a little while.

If all else fails, just take a break from Warframe.  I get wanting to stick with a game you put so much money into, but if you're not having fun, you shouldn't force yourself to play just because of that.  If you step away, and then come back after a break you might find yourself enjoying the game more.

24 minutes ago, xXRampantXx said:

If all else fails, just take a break from Warframe.  I get wanting to stick with a game you put so much money into, but if you're not having fun, you shouldn't force yourself to play just because of that.  If you step away, and then come back after a break you might find yourself enjoying the game more.

Keep coming back for daily logins do your daily sorties and log back out. Red Dead Redemption is a great game to get lost in and I am sure there are other titles that might peak your interest. The quickest way to get burnt out is not having enough variety of games to play. 

as veteran which we don't care for ranking that much in the game, basically you just do testing in the game to increase your mastery because it doesn't mean your highly skilled then other players, it just show that how much time you put your effort into the game.  Anyway moving that aside, as veterans we do either we troll for boredom to at lest someone get us laughing, and I never stop laughing about vauban's troll and other warframe's troll power, but remember not to over do it your trolling basically the developer and moderator hate trolls that bad if they step over the line.  If you not in the mood for trolling, just do your dojo if you own one, just place stuff, do weird things or make the most hardest obstetrical coarse in your dojo.  Then again, if your not in the mood making awesome dojo then I say relax and drink real life tea (not as video game tea bagging human style) just grab a tea that you would like and don't put sugar in it because that would make you an England Boy, having tea and just simply play relaxing music will get you pass over the time and figure it will super relax you from stress over flowing.  If your not tea drinker, welp all I can say just find a extra hobby, video game can be a hobby, but its not wrong to have extra hobby for things and things for yourself.

7 minutes ago, iesous27 said:

I love this damn community.

Question: What should I do?

Answer: Maybe help new people... 

As a newer-ish player myself, this is great to see. It's amazing to see how understanding veterans are towards the grind a noobie has to go through. 

honestly its beneficial to help get people up to speed 

typically i run with the derelict keys to nerf my capabilities so i dont nuke enemies to fast and try to get their skills developed 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

honestly its beneficial to help get people up to speed 

typically i run with the derelict keys to nerf my capabilities so i dont nuke enemies to fast and try to get their skills developed 

I have yet to do any of these derelict missions. I've watched iFlynn's videos on how these work, but I don't have 4 people to play with to get these corrupted mods. 😅

3 minutes ago, iesous27 said:

I have yet to do any of these derelict missions. I've watched iFlynn's videos on how these work, but I don't have 4 people to play with to get these corrupted mods. 😅

well easy answer you can throw all the keys on your gear spiral so you can solo now

-thats what i do when i play with new players anyway now-

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

I craft one forma a day.

Then I forma a weapon.

Level it up by playing game modes like void fissures (to get more forma bps), sorties, kuva siphons, and bounties. And other missions.

Max the weapon out over time, fit it with the best mods.

Move onto the next weapon. Keep going.

Been doing this for 2 years. Every single primary and secondary weapon in the game for me right now is fully forma'd and ready to pick up and use at any mission. You'd be surprised at how few weapons are actually bad/not worth investing into.

Right now I'm working on the Volnus (and other melees) which needs 1 more forma to fit in a primed pressure point. And this riven mod I have.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well easy answer you can throw all the keys on your gear spiral so you can solo now

-thats what i do when i play with new players anyway now-

wait wait wait. isn't there derelict keys that limit your shield and health? add that up with slow movement, how the hell do you survive? lol