About the Amber Star Blueprint

(PSN)Silenceform

Two Cyan Stars, 100k Creds, and 2 Vitus Essence.

So yeah, it really isn't worth it if you think about it. You need to do two rotations of Arbitration to make one star for any sculptures you earn outside of Arbitration. Problem is you may earn two more sculptures (most of them needing at least 1 Amber star, or 2 more rounds of Arbitration).

You can see what's happening here.
Every Amber Star you craft, you'll likely just end up needing more and more.

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Two Cyan Stars, 100k Creds, and 2 Vitus Essence.

So yeah, it really isn't worth it if you think about it. You need to do two rotations of Arbitration to make one star for any sculptures you earn outside of Arbitration. Problem is you may earn two more sculptures (most of them needing at least 1 Amber star, or 2 more rounds of Arbitration).

You can see what's happening here.
Every Amber Star you craft, you'll likely just end up needing more and more.

1 hour of crafting too.

An amber is worth only 500 end per statue except in one case; the orta.   Cyan's are worth ~300 endo.   So in all reality the amber is a "bad deal" except if you have significant excess cyan stars and vetus.  The value of Vitus right now is 2 plat each or 4 plat per amber (power donation sells for 30p).   So, right now it is just better to by the amber stars for plat and convert your vitus into mods and sell those on the market.    Once the mods become worth much less...then maybe the recipe will be valuable.  

Thus, since I maximize my laziness I only put ambers in Anasa and Orta and cyan in the others and say "screw it".  

Edited by Chappie1975

• 3 weeks later...

I just found out the amber star BP was a thing, I was about to buy it when I saw the build cost.

100k Credits-> lol NO
2 x Cyan Stars-> Means you're not even making a profit
2 x Vitus Essence? HAHAHA, DE did some quick math and forgot to carry the "for every 2 sculptures you can only fill 1 (maybe)"
1 Hour craft time... You're joking right?

Anyone crafted this stuff? Maybe it is a decoration?

3 часа назад, Descent-of-Damocles сказал:

100k Credits-> lol NO

OMG. I missed the credit cost... That's just... Seriously? Someone confused "Expensive, but can be used in a pinch." with "Totally useless even for bragging. Because you can can not show it off and brag about it".

9 hours ago, rand0mname said:

Anyone crafted this stuff? Maybe it is a decoration?

OMG. I missed the credit cost... That's just... Seriously? Someone confused "Expensive, but can be used in a pinch." with "Totally useless even for bragging. Because you can can not show it off and brag about it".

Nah, this was DE's response to player base about Amber Stars being super rare. So they made it a guaranteed way of acquiring it. Rare as it is, the costs are simply absurd;
"the worst trade deal in the history of all trade deals!"
That said, it's as if you trade two 10 dollar bills + service fee + transaction fee + conversion fee + waiting period for a single 20 dollar bill.

13 hours ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

I just found out the amber star BP was a thing, I was about to buy it when I saw the build cost.

100k Credits-> lol NO
2 x Cyan Stars-> Means you're not even making a profit
2 x Vitus Essence? HAHAHA, DE did some quick math and forgot to carry the "for every 2 sculptures you can only fill 1 (maybe)"
1 Hour craft time... You're joking right?

For people that like to do Arbitrations, it's not that awful as long as they have tons of credits to blow and not a ton of amber stars to use.

All the sculptures that drop on the Arbitrations only require 1 amber star, and the resources to build it are basically what you will naturally get from doing AB rotations, except of course for credits.

If you do AB, you get 2x Vitus Essence and likely a sculpture. Cyan stars.. everyone has tons of them.

For me the drawback are the credits, but that's because I'm not a big fan of farming Index. I'm sure you can get 100k in only a few minutes of Index no?

Just now, Karu-QW said:

You're funny, nobody likes them.

The complaints about lack of Amber starts, that led to DE making the BP available, were driven by the fact that Arbitrations drop sculptures like candy, but then you couldn't really fill them because .. you know .. lack of Amber stars 😉

So I'd assume that people complaining about the BP are the ones doing Arbitrations.

If you're not doing Arbitrations, the drop rate ratio of Cyan/Amber stars is fine IMHO.

Personally, I never ran out of Amber stars before Arbitrations were added. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

The complaints about lack of Amber starts, that led to DE making the BP available, were driven by the fact that Arbitrations drop sculptures like candy, but then you couldn't really fill them because .. you know .. lack of Amber stars 😉

So I'd assume that people complaining about the BP are the ones doing Arbitrations.

If you're not doing Arbitrations, the drop rate ratio of Cyan/Amber stars is fine IMHO.

Personally, I never ran out of Amber stars before Arbitrations were added. 

This. Like who seriously has an Amber deficiency problem? All you need to do is run a couple Corpus City maps with the locker mod and loot every locker on the map. Do this for an hour and you'll be set for life.

24 minutes ago, Karu-QW said:

You're funny, nobody likes them.

I like arbitration if they upped the level and removed the damn drones. Literally the drones make most weapons useless except for Arca Plasmor, which had a riven price bump of 2x since the release.