Borarola hit box

Crazorix

its seem simple at the beginning. its has armor on his back side so you must hit him in the belly. but with how the tranquilizer gun work (travel time, fall off, long reload time, noise, etc) and borarola model and animation right now, its need a lot of luck to capture it on 1st hit. tried it loki hush invicibility, they seem to manage "detect" me and run away several times, and if it didnt detect him, you still need some luck to get hit on its belly. cant hit it properly with Banshee because you need to be far away or it will detect you. and with they will run away when you fire the traq gun with ivara and navigation doesnt seem to be helping because how borarola hit box work. have tried it couple of hours but i cant find any sure way to capture this creature. lucky for me i havent met any rare boralola but i've lost some uncommon borarola because of it. maybe you guys can make a tier 2 tranquilizer gun or a widget to counter it? in the meantime ill continue to save pobber and virmink until someone find a sure way to capture borarola or you guys release something to make tranquilizer gun work better for this creature. thanks 😁

Couple times I even waited for the thing to walk all the way to the call point so it would stand on its hind legs to give me a better shot but each time the damn thing would do a 180 putting its back to me so when I try to run around it for a better shot it always detects me even when invisible before I get an angle to hit it. Honestly the best way I've found is to just let it detect you and knock it out of its roll and hope its stomach is facing you so you have just enough time to get another shot off with the painfully slow reload

14 hours ago, ChatNinja said:

Couple times I even waited for the thing to walk all the way to the call point so it would stand on its hind legs to give me a better shot but each time the damn thing would do a 180 putting its back to me so when I try to run around it for a better shot it always detects me even when invisible before I get an angle to hit it. 

This, tried to call it, move away from direction its gonna come. and when its safely arrive at call point, it facing a wall. shoot it several times before i move to a better vantage point, and it start to run away. i really want their floof but i guess i must wait a bit for it.

On 2018-11-12 at 6:55 PM, Crazorix said:

its seem simple at the beginning. its has armor on his back side so you must hit him in the belly. but with how the tranquilizer gun work (travel time, fall off, long reload time, noise, etc) and borarola model and animation right now, its need a lot of luck to capture it on 1st hit. tried it loki hush invicibility, they seem to manage "detect" me and run away several times, and if it didnt detect him, you still need some luck to get hit on its belly. cant hit it properly with Banshee because you need to be far away or it will detect you. and with they will run away when you fire the traq gun with ivara and navigation doesnt seem to be helping because how borarola hit box work. have tried it couple of hours but i cant find any sure way to capture this creature. lucky for me i havent met any rare boralola but i've lost some uncommon borarola because of it. maybe you guys can make a tier 2 tranquilizer gun or a widget to counter it? in the meantime ill continue to save pobber and virmink until someone find a sure way to capture borarola or you guys release something to make tranquilizer gun work better for this creature. thanks 😁

Did u try with slova to cap?

What I do is use Banshee, her passive silences the gun, while hidden from the Bola, shoot it in the back, it will curl up for a little bit then pop it's head out, it will be on it's back when it does this so with a well placed shot, you'll bag the pangolin-looking friend as Biz would say

This method will NOT give you Perfect captures though...well for the most part, somehow I get perfects on occasion doing this

There really doesn't seem to be a legitimate way to catch these things without using a Warframe to trivialize it. I just now tried out a hunt with a Thorny variant and I made sure I was downwind and was close enough to compensate for the travel time of the shot, I waited until it reached the call point and timed my shot for right when it rears up and exposes its belly. The problem is that the creature hears the shot and immediately cuts his passive standing animation into an all fours stance, therefore causing the bolt to hit the armor.

It partly has to do with the hitbox, but it's primarily the animation sequence. Either the tranq needs to be inherently silent so that the creature isn't spooked or the Bolarola needs to have a delay in animation cues. It's frankly ridiculous that despite numerous attempts I have not caught one legitimately without having to pigeon hole myself into use a specific frame.

In the meantime, you can also use Revenant's enthrall on the creature (causing it to not run away from you) and just aim for his belly as it walks by you. And, yes, you can get perfect captures this way.

Edited by R34LM