Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

current veiled pistol rivs and kitgun release

(PSN)d0c_dawgish

No. Kitguns have separate "Pistol" Rivens than the rest of the Pistols, like Zaws are technically separate from Melee, even though they have the same veiled name.

3 hours ago, (PS4)d0c_dawgish said:

to me that's just dumb, to put it simply

Not allowing stockpiling of Rivens for content not released is not dumb.

When you obtain a Riven, it determines which weapon it will be at the time of creation. This ensures that exactly the situation you're describing in the OP doesn't happen, preventing anyone from getting a leg up on other players at snagging Rivens for new weapons. They want everyone to start on equal ground when a weapon first releases.

1 hour ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

When you obtain a Riven, it determines which weapon it will be at the time of creation. This ensures that exactly the situation you're describing in the OP doesn't happen, preventing anyone from getting a leg up on other players at snagging Rivens for new weapons. They want everyone to start on equal ground when a weapon first releases.

I've heard the exact opposite; that unveiled rivens aren't determined until you open them.

3 hours ago, (PS4)death404 said:

I've heard the exact opposite; that unveiled rivens aren't determined until you open them.

You've heard quite wrong then, as DE has confirmed themselves a few times in the past that Rivens are assigned in creation.