Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Mostly) Black Bars On My Screen Orb Vallis?

Fancy_Dan

Alright, first of all, I’m new to the forums, and even still kinda “new” to Warframe, and not really a “tech-savvy” guy, so I’m sorry if I’m posting this on the wrong area... 

Like I said, I’ve been playing Warframe on PC for a few months now, digging it, and up until Fortuna came out I never really had any sort of serious issue, but so far I’ve only seen this in Orb Vallis (not even Fortuna, the city itself, just out in the open world part): There’s these big opaque [mostly] black bars (although I’ve seen them appear more reddish in like the mushroom areas) that’ll appear on my screen... Like I said, I’m not the most “tech-savvy” Tenno, so I’ll do my best to explain it... They tend to appear between, let’s say if I’m standing between two large parts of the landscape, like if I’ve got a mountain on the left side of the screen and a mountain on the right side of the screen, they’ll appear almost like a “bridge” between the two mountains. Now, they’re not necessarily visible from every angle, like if I move my camera they might disappear/reappear... They’ll show up in like the Corpus “garages”, the caves, it’ll black out a good portion of my screen and make it almost impossible to fight... They’re kinda like “rainbows”, as in they’re not “solid”, you can walk right through them and they’ll disappear, and they kinda appear like “two-dimensional” if that makes sense? 

When I first got Dirt 4 for my PC (shoutout to any other rally fans on here), I had a similar problem, except big parts of my screen were “shadowed”, but not “opaque” like this. I updated my graphics thing (I think it’s an Intel 620 HD?) and that fixed it for that game, and I tried that (although MAYBE I downloaded it wrong?), I tried playing with the game’s display settings... Please be patient with me, I’m fairly “computer-illiterate”... My laptop is fairly new, 2017, and it’s pretty cool but obviously not some super-high-end gaming PC. Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas? If you want, I could probably give you some screenshots? 

Thanks! 

- Fancy_Dan

yea just started having the same problem and im using a desktop pc same not a high end but still a gt 1030and first it started in orb valeis . left the squad and that fixed it. but a second ago i had that in fortuna and im not shure if its my gpu dieng(hope it isnt) or its a game problem. evne tho its smells like bugframe now that i know im not the only one. in my opinion could be vram problem

How do I attach an image? Is it like a consistent problem for you guys, or just every once in a while? For me, it’s every time I go out, but like I said, it’s ONLY in Orb Vallis. I’ve never had that problem in the actual town of Fortuna, or anywhere else. The Plains are fine, Cetus is fine, it’s just Orb Vallis. 

It’s so bad that I’ll be surrounded by like 10 Corpus, and I can’t even see them to fight them off! Ironically, I LOVE Ivara (she’s my second favorite Frame after Titania) and I spam Prowl, so I’m finally getting a taste of my own medicine, and I don’t like it!