Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change color of animal tracks

SlashingSunset

It’s quite frustrating to follow the animal tracks, when the environment is glaring white, and the footprints are barely visible, since they’re a glowing white. I have to lower my brightness to the lowest setting, each time I try to track these animals.

Red would be an ideal color for the footprints. Just my thoughts...

2 hours ago, SlashingSunset said:

It’s quite frustrating to follow the animal tracks, when the environment is glaring white, and the footprints are barely visible, since they’re a glowing white. I have to lower my brightness to the lowest setting, each time I try to track these animals.

Red would be an ideal color for the footprints. Just my thoughts...

Why not purple? There isn't a lot of purple places around. Or even green. Or dark blue. 

I remember seeing a Reddit post where this player actually had a really easy time locating tracks, because their potato-quality PC, and equally downgraded graphics, caused those tracks to appear a solid black, even in the distance. Altering the color of tracks to something solid and visually distinct, so that they clearly stand out regardless of the background they're against, should be the way to go, and ideally it should be done in such a way that colorblind people can participate as well (currently hunting is impossible to do consistently if colorblind).

Edited by Teridax68

On 2018-11-13 at 8:50 PM, Teridax68 said:

I remember seeing a Reddit post where this player actually had a really easy time locating tracks, because their potato-quality PC, and equally downgraded graphics, caused those tracks to appear a solid black, even in the distance. Altering the color of tracks to something solid and visually distinct, so that they clearly stand out regardless of the background they're against, should be the way to go, and ideally it should be done in such a way that colorblind people can participate as well (currently hunting is impossible to do consistently if colorblind).

I agree. Personally I'm not Colorblind, but I'd assume players who has it are having an even harder time tracking the footprints. I literally have to turn my brightness to the lowest, to track these footprints at times and that's rather annoying. Gives Orb Vallis a night time effect too in the process.