Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possibility of trading unused prime gear

(PSN)petestacks

I am not sure if this has been asked in the past, or addressed before.  However, I had a thought that items bought from unvaultings that were unused by the purchaser could be traded.  Also possibly twitch prime drops.  Similar to syndicate weapons, or weapons bought from Baro, if they are unused they can be traded.

Example:

I enjoy Warframe.  I want to support the game and dev team.  So I would like to purchase the next unvaulting set.  However, I already have the two prime frames.  Instead of just selling them back to the game for credits, it would be nice to be able to trade them to friends that do not have them yet.  Same for the weapons that come with the packs.  Even the twitch prime gear that we get, sure the stuff can be sold back to the game and we get a slot out of the deal, but it would be sweet to be able to gift the items, if unused, to friends/clan that do not have them.  That way, players that have the gear, can still purchase the packs, get some plat, support the game, and not "waste" the prime items, or feel bad about the purchase, or in other cases, not purchase at all because they already have the gear.  Just a thought.

Since built items are not traded as it is, it would mean adding a whole new dynamic to trading which is not entirely necessary. I love to support the devs by buying PA packs whenever they come out.

so far the only items that are ready-to-use that I know of are syndicate weapons. They do not come with a catalyst installed like purchased items do. The moment you add the catalyst it becomes untradeable. This, from what I understand, is intentional to give incentive to purchase a catalyst for traded items.