Jump to content

Garuda is(n't) great


Nacond
 Share

Recommended Posts

First of all - I really like Garuda and she looks awesome. She's the first frame to make me leveling Umbra-mods and try to fit all three in my build. However, her skills don't seem to be conclusive to me at all... On the one hand you need to be low on health to make use of her passive which synergizes perfect with her 3. But on the other hand you have her 2 that makes her heal... Thats just suboptimal in my opinion.

Thinking about her setting I have a few suggestions to change her for a - in my opinion - better way: (I know DE doesn't like to change skills so I won't change one skill for another)

 

Passive: Her passive is fine for me with some tweaks on Garudas skills. And I love the claws although they could need a little bit more damage.

1. Dread Mirror: Garuda now teleports to the enemy. The leap looks nice but it's limited so many times because of the environment or makes you appear somewhere else. Just copy Ash's skill but don't make Garuda appear at the back but the nearest point, always turned to the enemy to attack him with melee. (at least it should be fixed to appear next to the enemies looking at them) Damage to the shield is still stored but the charging mechanism should be dismissed.

2. Blood Altar: Garuda heals herself - the skill is fine in my opinion.

3. Bloodletting: Garuda gets energy while sacrificing life. Sacrificed life will also be stored in her heart or whatever that orb is (scales with power strength). After sacrificing life, Garuda gets a 30 second buff (scales with duration) to damage depending on the life left, using her 3 again will overwrite the effect. This encourages Garuda to use her three and then use her two to get back the life she sacrificed.

4. Seeking Talons: Stays the same but: While charging also the stored damage in the heart is drawn and adds an additional damage to each enemy that got hit by the talons. It will encourage to use her 4 not only for the bleed but also for dealing damage like her 1 does now. Increased charge speed. 

 

just my two cents about Garuda, tell me what you think about it!

have a nice day 😊

Edited by Nacond
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've had a great time with garuda and her abilities. I think I approach her from a different angle. I ignore her passive. I use her 1 to jump around, her 3 to give me energy, her 2 to heal up after getting the energy and while I'm healing I swipe at enemies with her one building up the damage in her bubble to a certain amount depending on the enemy level. for level 30 enemies I build up to about 10k then charge that up to 20-50k and drop it on the floor in the middle of the biggest horde of enemies I can find. my build is focused on strength and range so the radius of the charged up one is 17m (my build isn't optimal mind you) which is quite a substantial area. this is basically my playstyle and it's both fun and rather effective. I agree she needs some work. with my current playstyle her passive does nothing for me and both the 1 and 2 suffer from enemies being "obstructed" because their pinky toe is behind a rock. and with my playstyle I rarely use her 4 since her 1 deals way more damage and is more satisfying to use. But other than that she is my fav frame atm. Haven't had as much fun with a frame since stomping with nidus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Nacond said:

Dread Mirror: Garuda now teleports to the enemy. The leap looks nice but it's limited so many times because of the environment or makes you appear somewhere else. Just copy Ash's skill but don't make Garuda appear at the back but the nearest point, always turned to the enemy to attack him with melee. (at least it should be fixed to appear next to the enemies looking at them) Damage to the shield is still stored but the charging mechanism should be dismissed.

I do agree that the leap needs to be tweaked since just pointing at an enemy standing behind the railing it won't activate. Otherwise, all it needs is a base damage to the initial leap attack, it feels weird/wonky how it doesn't even kill low-level enemies 

20 hours ago, Nacond said:

Blood Altar: Garuda heals herself - the skill is fine in my opinion.

 

 

This ability needs a base range increase and maybe the added effect of dmg reduction when in the altar radius, but Idc much about that honestly 

20 hours ago, Nacond said:

Bloodletting: Garuda gets energy while sacrificing life. Sacrificed life will also be stored in her heart or whatever that orb is (scales with power strength). After sacrificing life, Garuda gets a 30 second buff (scales with duration) to damage depending on the life left, using her 3 again will overwrite the effect. This encourages Garuda to use her three and then use her two to get back the life she sacrificed.

1

I don't see anything wrong with her 3 honestly, a simple ability in sacrificing health for energy. And that dmg buff you're looking for comes from her passive, it's quite redundant for it to have a dmg buff.

 

20 hours ago, Nacond said:

4Seeking Talons: Stays the same but: While charging also the stored damage in the heart is drawn and adds an additional damage to each enemy that got hit by the talons. It will encourage to use her 4 not only for the bleed but also for dealing damage like her 1 does now. Increased charge speed. 

 

The 4 isn't supposed to be a damage dealer, it's a debuff that empowers your weapons/other warframe abilityes with forced bleed procs from whatever status chance the player's Seeking Talons have. The only thing hindering it is that abysmal charge speed. It either needs an increased charge speed that requires two presses of 4 and does not hinder you in an animation or needs to be an instant cast because lets be real, it's 100 energy to use + charge the ability, might as well make it instant if there is no additional energy cost in charging the ability.

Edited by ShadowExodus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your opinion. 

The reason for changing the 3 is to integrate the passive in the skill so you can heal yourself and also get the bonus from the passive. But maybe I wrote something that could have been misunderstood. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...