Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gaze can't equip Ruinous Extension

Zedera

The Gaze beam weapon barrel for Kit-Guns is currently not compatible with the Ruinous Extension mod. I realized this after buying the kit-gun from the daily special and trying to find my reach mod in vain. This means you are stuck with the range of the weapon, whatever it is, compared to other beam weapons.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-11-12 at 11:35 PM, IcePho3nix said:

Another thing to note is that it CAN equip Lethal Momentum even though it doesn't fire a projectile. To no noticeable effect.

lethal momentum does what it always do with beam weapons - it doesn't matter if it's uses projectiles or not. the desciption says:  +fire rate and +multishoot (which essentially both increases the dps of a beam weapon).

but the problem with not being able to put "ruinous extension" should be a bug and solved soon since the mod is only really usefull for beam weapons (or beam-like, if you want to call some of them so). i especially build myself a kitgun with max range in order to get even a better beam-lengh with this mod. i think they overlooked this little fact when they created the gaze and that the mod seemingly is set to only work for specific weapons (meaning they forgot to put gaze-based kitgun to the allowed list of the mod).

3 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

lethal momentum does what it always do with beam weapons - it doesn't matter if it's uses projectiles or not. the desciption says:  +fire rate and +multishoot (which essentially both increases the dps of a beam weapon).

That's not lethal momentum. Lethal momentum is the projectile flight speed mod. Though I had never noticed before how similar its name was to Lethal Torrent.

3 hours ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

38m seem good enough to me but sure more range would be fun

i think it's 40m (gibber used). yes, it would be ok but i hate that sometimes you can't damage anything just because you 1 lousy meter to far away ^^)  to be fair though without any scope on the weapon it's getting more difficult to hit a moving target with a narrow beam the farther away it gets...