Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you use shield disruption or CP in fortuna?

Tazrizen

8 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

always orosive rojection
other auras do not even exist after you play 30000 hours

I mean,if you use energy regen one that is fine too,but only if you are mastery 0 or less and can not afford to spam 100energy pads per second

Why is everything you post just... drivel? 

I've been using neither in Vallis, sticking with Steel Charge given I've been using Viral + Slash on Garuda's Talons. Neither Shield Disruption nor Corrosive Projection benefit that combo.

What I'd prefer depends on what I'm fighting and what I'm using.

Normal bounty? 

I take neither, they don't have enough shields or armor to matter.  I use Enemy Radar.

The other extreme of farming till level 125 (the cap) with 4x beacons and T5 Bounty enemy boost for added fun? 

Solo, neither is good enough to make a difference.  But I think 4x Shield Disruption would be best in a generic squad, certain setups to bypass shields would benefit more from Corrosive Projection of course.

The giant spiders and jackals have insane shield regeneration and will swamp the area if not killed, the Jackals are notable in that they literally regenerate over 100k shield per second at level 125.  SD is way better for killing Jackals and CP probably edges out on killing the giant spiders since there's a longer cooldown on their regeneration and they are immune to corrosive but you benefit from both still on those.  (The big spiders also resist some powers that strip armor until their shields are downed it seems.)  Edit: These two mobs are also completely immune to damage from conditions while their shields are up after more testing, taking shield down is almost non-optional.

I run Steel Charge and melee DPS the things down personally in that situation.  Inaros\ect. eventually builds a high enough combo to kill them anyways and Valkyr kills them in seconds with Hysteria still.

Edited by Ailyene

Corrosive Projection is newbie/lazy bait. There are other good auras.

EMP aura a big winner on Fortuna where players are subject to fire from all angles rather than confined corridors.

Tox resist/Regen aura are both leagues more effective in Infested runs for those toxin procs, whether it's a one-hit or just something digging under your shields. 

Rifle Amp is always good. Teammates are responsible for bringing target-appropriate weaponry, and are usually good at it. 

On top of that, if you're running any frame capable of stripping armor (eg Mag, Saren), bypassing armor (Ash, finishers), CC'ing (lots), or happens to be carrying a weapon with at least a point of Impact damage and the Shattering Impact mod, then you don't need that aura. For strip/CC frames, Energy Siphon is a good pick. If you're running melee full time (eg, Valky), steel charge will give you all the armor strip you want.

Edited by Zourin

2 hours ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Orosive Rojection is the only viable and variable aura ingame and game is literally unplayable without it.
Anybody who does say otherwise does need to visit wikipedia and theory craft double dipping of dot that is possible only with orosive rojection.

Here ladies and gentlemen is what we can call a meta sheep. Look at how it follows everyone else's opinions without developing one himself! 

Btw, I'm doing level 200 and such, without corrosive projection. And arbitration. And I'm doing just fine. You don't need corrosive projection at all. It's just a matter of how you want to play. 

5 minutes ago, mikakor said:

Here ladies and gentlemen is what we can call a meta sheep. Look at how it follows everyone else's opinions without developing one himself! 

Btw, I'm doing level 200 and such, without corrosive projection. And arbitration. And I'm doing just fine. You don't need corrosive projection at all. It's just a matter of how you want to play. 

agreed the "literally unplayable is a myth wish thy would stop forcing it on others.

neither i despise CP and mods like it.

there are so much more useful mods out there. 

Edited by hazerddex

2 hours ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Orosive Rojection is the only viable and variable aura ingame and game is literally unplayable without it.
Anybody who does say otherwise does need to visit wikipedia and theory craft double dipping of dot that is possible only with orosive rojection.

Uhhh, but a solo Ivara, Loki, or Ash using Steel Charge with Gas, Slash, and/or Toxin dip multiple times.  Once for Steel Charge, another for Stealth bonuses which are inherited by the procs of the elements I mentioned earlier, and again by Condition Overload.  Ivara gets to add two more to that with Prowl and Navigator Headshot bonuses on thrown melee.  

So, why would a solo player or stealth melee using frame use CP again? 

I use neither. Growing power for Mesa. If Titania then yes, CP, but this is more due to laziness than because of intention. I don't go to bounties using anything else (Eidolons don't count).

I have so many corrosive built status guns I can't even bother with CP.

Energy siphon Corrosive projection Shield disruption the dash polarity is really a good utility slot 

i find my self using abit of power donation too im not in a big power strength builds

my advice on metas:

Think of the meta as a guide book It shows you tactics that focus on being efficient just because the meta does not support the action you do does not make it immediately bad and renders the game unplayable the meta shows a basic idea of what to do where you go from there is your choice some stick to it as a rule book and to stray from it is to make the game unplayable while other use it to understand something then make branching choices based on playstyle 

for those who played warhammer 40k space marine you kinda get what im saying in this quote 

The Codex Astartes is a set of rules. They guide us, shape us as Ultramarines, teach us to place duty and honour above all. But how we live with those rules is the true test of a Space Marine.

just because the meta does not support a action does not mean it is initially a bad idea the meta will not have every situation set out for you to step by step do improvisation is needed from time to time it is merely a foundation on where to start your idea 

Personally I have only deployed Denk Tenk Mag in fortuna so far and that one is using rejuvenation.

There were few bits of upscale/bounty/whatever that have proven surprisingly..... interesting compared to the rest of content, few bits i'd not dare to try to solo on what's essentially meme-build but haven't really run in things literally undoable.

Exept those case capture that dacided to spawn in caves. Screw these things.