Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you use shield disruption or CP in fortuna?

Tazrizen

always corrosive projection

time to kill on enemies who use shields and unarmoured healthbar= acceptable

time to kill on enemies who have the slightest armour scaling on their healthbars and no shields=takes literally 30 times longer to die due to their eHp being literally 30 times larger

10 hours ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Well coming from someone that does post exclusively to get more posts it is honor.
I guess posting on this forum did not teach you how to play yet,because you use steel charge that is garbage for low mr people that is used only to get more mod points than many other auras.

Orosive Rojection is the only viable and variable aura ingame and game is literally unplayable without it.
Anybody who does say otherwise does need to visit wikipedia and theory craft double dipping of dot that is possible only with orosive rojection.

Now that I provide actual factual argument i expect no less from you otherwise you will suffer erosive rejection and senpai will no longer notice you.

Explosive Erection?

always CP
and here is why:
1) armour scales exponentially which leads to CP being the single highest dmg boost in the game at some point (use google there is enough math nerd material on how broken armour is in WF)
2) if you are lucky and you get 4 cp in one group there is no armour left at all = win all over
3) one does not fight corpus by shooting at shields and using shield disruption... one fights corpus using a toxin or gas build and bypass the shields completely 
4) exception:
you bring saryn that has corrosive procs on her 1
you bring ash who can remove armour
you play dagger with covert lethality
you play a disc ivara that uses gas on zenistar
any other frame that can significantly reduce or bypass armour completely

unfortunately these days with relics most people think other auras can compete with CP... this might be true for content up to lvl 50
but those guys who remember void keys and long survivals (without bloodrush atterax cuz there was no bloodrush) know exactly how important cp is and how awesome it is to be in a team with 4 cp.
taking down spaceships in POE/Fortuna is significantly easier with cp ( and even mroe so with coaction drift)

Edited by kuchn

Tbh when solo the auras dont even matter that much. Ive been playing Fortuna up to Level 100 with a Inaros using Sprint Boost and weapons modded for corrosive and radiation.

Does it sound like good setup while i type this? Hell no, it sounds idiotic. Does it Work? Actually Yes

Edited by Eisdschungel

If you need lots of CP or SD to fight lvl 60 enemies, then i'd highly advise on improving your builds. While i usually bring CP in most missions, namely Sorties and Arbitrations so everyone can get rid of enemies quicker, i find Enemy Radar to be lots more useful in large maps such as Orb Vallis. Considering lots of the bounties consist of finding enemies and taking them out and most enemies you encounter have no armor anyway.

vor 38 Minuten schrieb IceColdHawk:

i find Enemy Radar to be lots more useful in large maps such as Orb Vallis. Considering lots of the bounties consist of finding enemies and taking them out and most enemies you encounter have no armor anyway.

i wonder why so few people run it (i have to explain it every time why i use it when i play with friends to this day ^^)

Enemy radar is my go to Aura now (when i was new it was also Corrosive because i got told "thats the only good aura you have to use it")

It is really useful to see enemys on the map in a large radius, and while people argue that Corrosive lets you kill faster...well i have no real problems killing anything in the game anyway, so the bigger problem oftentimes is finding them like you say. So enemy radar actually has bigger potential to increase KPS although very few see this potential.

Edit: the good thing is, corrosive and radar have the same polarity, so even if you forma'd all your frames to fit this mod you can easily swap it out.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb kuchn:

1) armour scales exponentially which leads to CP being the single highest dmg boost in the game at some point (use google there is enough math nerd material on how broken armour is in WF)

"always" 😀 except in 90% of the Warframe missions you play the enemies dont have much armor to begin with.

Armor becomes a problem maybe after you have been in endless survival for 2 hours, in that case 4x corrosive might be useful, yes.

But thats not a reason to tell an MR 5 who is doing Lith fissures and clearing the starchart to go with corrosive only because of armor scaling 😀

Edited by DreisterDino

2 hours ago, kuchn said:

I'd like to you you actually managing to upscale orb valis enemies to the point where it matters....

I've only used Rejuvenation in Fortuna so far. I use this exclusively for my Nyx build though to regenerate hers and my companions health while in Absorb. I have no problem killing enemies there, from top tier bounties or from farming toroids for about an hour at a time, so no need for an Aura to weaken the enemies (at least not until the big spiders). And now they've nerfed the enemies to be even less of a threat, lol. Main weapon so far is Stradavar with Gas, and a decent riven.

Loot Detector.

I just bring a Corrosive weapon with me, so killing enemies isn't a problem at all. Since 1 Corrosive proc is around as effective as the CP aura, I don' see the point of equiping it unless you have a coordinated squad with multiple people running it.

Also a large loot detection radius makes looting in that huge map a ton easier. It helps in Cache bounties too.

4 hours ago, Elenortirie said:

one-two shotted without CP, your point? 😉 

well ur's seems to be muuuuch bigger than mine then..and mine isn't small.
have yet to see someone take them down faster than me, i am sure those people exist

but according to the forums there are tons of people oneshotting them....yeah, right

Edited by kuchn

2 minutes ago, kuchn said:

well ur's seems to be muuuuch bigger than mine then..and mine isn't small.
have yet to see someone take them down faster than me, i am sure those people exist

but according to the forums there are tons of people oneshotting them....yeah, right

well my ferrox was on crappy build so depending on how crits land it'd take 3-4 shots, but clanmate is oneshotting them left and right and center with his rubico prime.

with upscaling meaning he needs 2 shots instead.

haven't seen him taking more than three.

he had energy siphon, I had rejuvenation

19 hours ago, Tazrizen said:

Just curious, as it could go either way considering the more meaty boss enemies have armor. 

CP is probably the better choice if it fits your frames needs. However, there are tons of other viable options for that slot depending on your loadout as a whole.

My best advice is to try it and see which one fits you better.

Good Luck!

23 minutes ago, Elenortirie said:

well my ferrox was on crappy build so depending on how crits land it'd take 3-4 shots, but clanmate is oneshotting them left and right and center with his rubico prime.

with upscaling meaning he needs 2 shots instead.

haven't seen him taking more than three.

he had energy siphon, I had rejuvenation

well i also one or twoshot  them with my rubico prime and the moderately awesome riven on it.... IF i use the rubico all the time and keep a combo counter going. but then the killspeed is a lot slower than mowing them down by the score with a gas or toxin akstiletto build, not all the mobs come in via ship 😉 and since i go solo.....
so ye... i rather do the landmowing and have cp and only take 1-6 shots without any combo counter buildup, than having a snaillike killspeed and get off by oneshotting them every time

so i guess tldr: it's all a tradeoff

P.S.: interesting thought hat it went from you oneshotting them to your clanmate oneshotting them and sometimes needing three shots...seems to me your first post was a bit exaggerated, wasn't it?!....gotta love the forums

anyways, back to topic:

CP all the way (obviously nobody cares about a lvl 5 lith mission...., no offense)

Edited by kuchn

32 minutes ago, kuchn said:

well i also one or twoshot  them with my rubico prime and the moderately awesome riven on it.... IF i use the rubico all the time and keep a combo counter going. but then the killspeed is a lot slower than mowing them down by the score with a gas or toxin akstiletto build, not all the mobs come in via ship 😉 and since i go solo.....
so ye... i rather do the landmowing and have cp and only take 1-6 shots without any combo counter buildup, than having a snaillike killspeed and get off by oneshotting them every time

well when you solo you don't need to kill every single dropship out there either 😉

33 minutes ago, kuchn said:

P.S.: interesting thought hat it went from you oneshotting them to your clanmate oneshotting them and sometimes needing three shots...seems to me your first post was a bit exaggerated, wasn't it?!....gotta love the forums

ha funny bit of english language and writing non-full sentences - what I said was that they get one-two shotted not that I do it 😛

altho on a side note I did improve my ferrox build in offtime so I wonder how it'd do now.....

35 minutes ago, kuchn said:

CP all the way (obviously nobody cares about a lvl 5 lith mission...., no offense)

if you ask me CP is boring aura that should never exist in it's current form in the first place.

one good thing that came out of tridolons is that people ceased to cheese by bringing 4CP and instead decided to actually play with damage types - as with only 3CP radiation gets more buff to damage from tridolon armor type than it get's reduced by armor itself.

as far as any solar system activity goes nothing comes truelly (unless we speak of endurance runs) to the level of requiring this bit of superboring cheese, and personally I've been using CP only when going for things that absolutely required it (JV for example, for tridolons I was always going in as trin so I was that single guy who could get anything that is not rejuv :D)

and I haven't run into necessity of running CP since removal of raids so......

Currently, whatever my frame has equipped at the moment.  I've not gotten around to doing much of the higher level stuff since the bits I've sat down to play I've mostly been shooting animals in the butt with tranq darts or throwing sharp objects at fish. 

But, if I remember to change it... probably Rejuvination, Steel Charge, Energy Siphon, Growing Power, or something else, might experiment with some other aura mods.  Kinda depends on which frame(s) I opt for going after the level 125 enemies whenever I get to it.  Won't really need CP for the armored boss enemies since my cat will make all the armor fall off with a single poke of her claws.  And if I can't keep the trash mobs controlled/dead enough so she'll do that consistently, then I really won't have business doing that content yet.  Or, not solo at least.

3 hours ago, kuchn said:

well i also one or twoshot  them with my rubico prime and the moderately awesome riven on it.... IF i use the rubico all the time and keep a combo counter going.

Uhhh, I one-shot them with the Rubico Prime without a riven or CP all while solo.

3 hours ago, kuchn said:

and since i go solo.....

You do know that CP while solo isn't nearly as effective as it is in a group of 4xCP or even in comparison to other auras while solo.  In the case you mentioned of solo while using the Rubico, Dead Eye would be the better aura over CP everyday all day.  So, why use CP while solo gain please?