Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.0.4

[DE]Megan

3 minutes ago, Romanji said:

Implying twelve year olds want to "try hard" on anything. Most youngsters enjoy things when they're exceptionally easy. I enjoy difficulty when it comes from the right things. I don't want "difficulty" to come from damage/HP/resistance integers. I want it to come from requiring tactics, proper builds and coordination. 

we need real raids. Would be nice gather some folks in public instances (a la WoW) and doing several real hard missions with new units to get awesome loot. I dont wanna become a bullet sponge, i wanna be tactital, i want gameplay for frames like vauban instead just spamming 4 to win

1 minute ago, Romanji said:

I enjoy difficulty when it comes from the right things. I don't want "difficulty" to come from damage/HP/resistance integers. I want it to come from requiring tactics, proper builds and coordination. 

I agree 100%, but for normal enemies, when you can just press 1 button to hard CC/kill enemies better AI won't be of much help and you won't really notice it. The "minibosses" in the orb vallis are a good step in this direction though.

hace 3 minutos, Romanji dijo:

Implying twelve year olds want to "try hard" on anything. Most youngsters enjoy things when they're exceptionally easy. I enjoy difficulty when it comes from the right things. I don't want "difficulty" to come from damage/HP/resistance integers. I want it to come from requiring tactics, proper builds and coordination. 

I totally agree with you, that dmg shouldn't come from damage, but it was a perfect mix of enemy AI, tactics and damage all together, now, it doesn't matter if they CC you, if they have some nice tactics and behavior, if your HP doesn't not go down, what's the point in them? DE did a fantastic job with orb vallis enemies, too bad it all went to waste now...

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Orb Vallis Enemy Changes:
Orb Vallis mission and Vox Solaris quest data showed that certain Terra enemy types were not on par with other Corpus enemies, causing an unintentional difficulty spike, especially noticed with lower level players. The following Terra enemies have received damage reductions to improve the balance between Orb Vallis enemies:

1 minute ago, Ramlethal_SigN said:

DE did a fantastic job with orb vallis enemies, too bad it all went to waste now...

the "fantastic job" wasn't intended at all, how many times people will have to tell to make it clear for ya? 

3 hours ago, RDKateran said:

This is absurd.  If they didn't want players at that level exploring the area early, they would've attached stricter unlock requirements to it.  If anything it's a good thing that they can access it early, because they can grind standing early on.

Clearly DE wanted rookie players to be able to explore these wildernesses.

And again, level 40 enemies being on par with level 100 enemies is insane.  That was always going to be fixed so it was consistent with the rest of the freaking game.

3 hours ago, Joltyboi said:

"yet it doesnt mean its made for new players", this isnt the case with fortuna, but you do realise the only way to progress to mars from earth is through cetus and the plains right? plus, the end game content for fortuna, which is the giant spider stuff that youll use your operators for with new amps, isnt out yet, thats stuff new players wont have access to, so i can see that being more of a challenge than new players can handle, but i dont really think the bounties should be TOO tough on these planets

As I said, I understand the point of leaving open Cetus/Fortuna really early into the game and it's because these two updates, because they're big, bring new players

My point was, for the sake the game itself, both of these shouldn't be available to new players, because the resources you get work for a handful of things, outside of Cetus/Fortuna you won't use any of the things you gained in there, most of the content in the game needs resources gained from missions in the starchart, most of the game content is outside of Cetus/Fortuna, as a player who came back when Cetus was released, I really regret spending the first few days in the plains because it locked me from all the mods, warframes, weapons that are gained outside of it and left me with a lot of things I don't even use a.k.a resources.

I just repeated what I wrote before, cuz it seemed both didn't even read, I never even mentioned the enemies lmao, still tough enemies are always nice

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix. Will K-Drives and Kitguns be added to the profile Mastery UI? Zaws had this same problem when they launched, and the visibility of what has been gilded/leveled helps players keep track of their Mastered items.

EDIT: After this hotfix, cave fishing still has a hitbox problem. Fish are unable to be targeted at times with no health bar or hitbox. 😞 

fishhitbox.gif

Thank you to @Senguash for the gif (after this hotfix) of this bug.

I came across the same issue in the pond that has the mine floating in it, near the Orokin dig site.

Venus was challenging, I don't have minmax gear, I'm not a veteran yet I could run in with a Nekros unoptimized build and a guandao/arca plasmor and wreck everything. Now it's going to be even easier, heavens no. In a game where everything is so easy, how did people have issues with Orb Vallis? Yeah you could die a few times and what? 

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix. Will K-Drives and Kitguns be added to the profile Mastery UI? Zaws had this same problem when they launched, and the visibility of what has been gilded/leveled helps players keep track of their Mastered items.

EDIT: After this hotfix, cave fishing still has a hitbox problem. Fish are unable to be targeted at times with no health bar or hitbox. 😞 

fishhitbox.gif

Thank you to @Senguash for the gif (after this hotfix) of this bug.

FIshing has been like this at times since Plains. This isn't new

Just now, ArchXDiablo said:

Venus was challenging, I don't have minmax gear, I'm not a veteran yet I could run in with a Nekros unoptimized build and a guandao/arca plasmor and wreck everything. Now it's going to be even easier, heavens no. In a game where everything is so easy, how did people have issues with Orb Vallis? Yeah you could die a few times and what? 

There's a percentage of the playerbase that feels super pro because they haven't died in a long time so the second they die in a part of the game, they blame the game and complain in unison with no math or factors or explanation behind it and DE goes and nerfs it. 

5 minutes ago, -TSA-RedBeard said:

i'd have liked to have challenging enemies in fortuna. The damage reduction to most enemies sounds disappointing imo.

0e086ed0a1.png 

You want some real difficulty? Shove the entirety of a Coildrive INTO ANOTHER Coildrive you're trying to protect, and can do nothing about it before it chunks your objective due to it spawning inside it.

Please revert the AW controls, no longer being able to bank or roll feels incredibly awkward.

You feel glued to a horizontal plane. I've lost soooo much control.

Or at least make it a toggle option. You specifically have bindings in the menu for AW "roll" that do nothing now.

To me AW feels awful now.

I KNEW I wasn't going crazy when I felt that my frames and pets were way taking too much damage. So happy I can readjust my frames and actually have fun doing bounties agan. 

Also, any news as to when we'll see Garuda changes? 

Archived