Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.0.4

[DE]Megan

5 hours ago, --Q--FrutyX said:

Yeeeeeey finally fixes here ! Thank you ! :)

- Yet still I think that the animal footsteps should be more visible, even make my eyes burn,but I can barely see them on some textures and it's really easy to lost the way ... Make them more colorful and glowy, I am probably not the only one who would appreciate that I believe.

I actually like the difficulty of their visibility. It makes me actually feel like I'm tracking a beasty rather than just grinding.

13 minutes ago, Mataeru said:

I actually like the difficulty of their visibility. It makes me actually feel like I'm tracking a beasty rather than just grinding.

My problem with the "difficulty" of their "visibility" is that it's not that it's DIFFICULT to see, they're literally impossible to see if you're at a certain angle or elevation above or below the footprints. they appear like magic when you move closer OR further away depending on your position compared to the footprints. It seems more like a glitch than "difficulty"

Orb Vallis Enemy Changes:
Orb Vallis mission and Vox Solaris quest data showed that certain Terra enemy types were not on par with other Corpus enemies, causing an unintentional difficulty spike, especially noticed with lower level players. The following Terra enemies have received damage reductions to improve the balance between Orb Vallis enemies:

• Lowered Terra Plasmor Crewman base damage from 30 to 25.
  • Lowered Terra Raptor SX base damage from 30 to 25 and base area damage from 75 to 40.
  • Lowered Terra Embattor MOA bounce mine damage from 150 to 75.
  • Lowered Terra Sniper Crewman base damage from 60 to 45.
  • Lowered Terra Overtaker base damage from 120 to 60 and area damage from 50 to 25.
  • Lowered Terra Jailer area damage from 50 to 20.

It was actually enjoyable for once because you had to put in thought and move differently rather than to hold M1 all the time.

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed the Ventkid Standing icon from the K-Drive race completion screen. Ventkid Standing is simply earned by doing tricks out in Orb Vallis. *Ventkid Standing for races will be coming in a future update as noted in Update 24!

So that means now it is meaningless to do those races other than fulfilling the Challenge section and boasting rights?

The following Terra enemies have received damage reductions...

Those big-single-wheel-transporter (even with default level 10) that runs around can one shot any warframe. Intended or Mis-programmed?

Removed Warframe Ability immunity on animals so that they can be put into a peaceful slumber by special Abilities like Ivara’s Sleep Arrow and Equinox’s Rest.

So that means animals will no longer be spook and despawn as soon as they spawn and detect our warframe's invisibility?

Hello DE, Tnx for the update. never really got the chance to say tnx for FORTUA, so i am saying it now. I wanted to say as someone whos been playing this game for more than a year now, that i really liked the difficulty that came with fortuna. enemies were well balanced, everyone unique, there were those that needed to be payed attention to, some to kill faster, other to dodge. if one is not challenged in combat, they will never evolve. Wanted system is gr8 too. i just wanted to point out, dont nerf enemies too much. befoe this patch they were fine. i still didnt try the game after the patch, but i guess on higher lvls they will be the same, so i am not too worried. tnx again for fortuna. WE ALL LIFT TOGETHER \p/

Im will post my opinion considering the reduced Dmg which i posted in another topic in general discussion here although it wont change anything i guess...

Zitat

Meh...just meh.

Man, for once the missions were somewhat engaging (at least if you wanted to get the bonus) because the enemies were at least a little stronger.

You had to actually play the missions and try not to fail.

Now we are just back to "do whatever you want, go mining, fishing, k driving, whatever you like, as long as there is one dude killing a few enemies here and there you will be fine and even get the bonus". I mean seriously...Even when i played with publics before this hotfixes that had a low MR, we didnt really fail a bounty stage completly, maybe we lost the bonus here and there a few times, but that should be the case with a bonus, or not?

I was in slight hope when arbitrations were released that DE raises the difficulty at least a little bit (still most players can do it), and when i started to play Fortuna i was pleasantly surprised that its not as easy and boring as the Plains.......now we are just back to normal i guess..

Edit1: If the dmg for that lvl was too high, ok, then raise the lvl a little bit.

Edit2: And what is the problem with dying a few times? We have 4-6 revives and the ability to revive each other.

Edit3: And lastly, at least i didnt see ANY topic in this forum about the enemies being too strong and dealing too much dmg and that people fail bountys all the time. The only complaints i have seen have been about the Standing Cap and about this one enemy who can push you around alot. Just nerf this one enemy then instead of reducing the dmg of most enemies..

10 hours ago, Ramlethal_SigN said:

lol you're probably one of those who cryed about the removal of the old shadow step from naramon. Keep running your quick thinking lokies kids... I don't need any mod on my warframes to beat any bounty from PoE or Vallis.

okay then kid, take all your mods off your frames and weapons then go and run a T5 bounty on fortuna, then come back and complain that its too easy, thats what the new players would have to go through, yeah its a T5 bounty but its still available for new players, stop crying and wait for fortunas end game content to come out

10 hours ago, Za_Wurldo said:

Better then (< "than" not "then") grinding in a circle for an hour and just have it until they fix races.

I didn't say it had to be permanant.

you dont get it, if they did that it would just make grinding in a circle for an hour even better than it is now, how you want to grind still wouldnt be as good

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Orb Vallis Enemy Changes:

Orb Vallis mission and Vox Solaris quest data showed that certain Terra enemy types were not on par with other Corpus enemies, causing an unintentional difficulty spike, especially noticed with lower level players. The following Terra enemies have received damage reductions to improve the balance between Orb Vallis enemies:

• Lowered Terra Plasmor Crewman base damage from 30 to 25.
  • Lowered Terra Raptor SX base damage from 30 to 25 and base area damage from 75 to 40.
  • Lowered Terra Embattor MOA bounce mine damage from 150 to 75.
  • Lowered Terra Sniper Crewman base damage from 60 to 45.
  • Lowered Terra Overtaker base damage from 120 to 60 and area damage from 50 to 25.
  • Lowered Terra Jailer area damage from 50 to 20.

there goes any fun i had on it

4 hours ago, Joltyboi said:

okay then kid, take all your mods off your frames and weapons then go and run a T5 bounty on fortuna, then come back and complain that its too easy, thats what the new players would have to go through, yeah its a T5 bounty but its still available for new players, stop crying and wait for fortunas end game content to come out

If you're "new" and you're rushing to Fortuna, you're doing the game wrong. But I'll repeat my earlier comment, difficulty shouldn't come entirely from damage/resistance/health integers. It should come from tactics, planning, a proper application of CC and surprise and objective control and many other aspects. So the nerf to enemies shouldn't be feared, but it shouldn't be the DEFAULT balancing idea there is far more that could be making the game difficult.

But if you tune your content for "new players" you're forgetting new players that aren't idiots and rush the new content in an MMOstyle game(seriously who does this), the new players that finished their beginner missions and have decent mods and frames, moderate to lategame players who have good mods and builds and frames and weapons, to the players like myself that have been playing since 2013 with optimized builds and 5times forma'd gear and face challenges only when solo on a frame we're not familiar with and the enemy are level 200 with a modifier that benefits them. 

Even if they NEED to weaken the content, or buff the droprates or change things for balancing, I would hope they wait at least a few days if it's only new players that are experiencing problems with the balance. 1. Address the problem 2. set a date and 3. see how YOUR ENTIRE vocal playerbase views the balance. Give your vets a couple days to enjoy it. that's only fair.

1 hour ago, NYXNYXNYXNYXNYXNYXNYXNYX said:

there goes any fun i had on it

We wait for the free roam orokin areas, or free roam infested Eris areas. Where the default enemy level on base free roam is level 80~120. DE will eventually do something that directly benefits their veteran players. Like.. bring back the raid maybe? 🙂 please

12 minutes ago, Romanji said:

If you're "new" and you're rushing to Fortuna, you're doing the game wrong. But I'll repeat my earlier comment, difficulty shouldn't come entirely from damage/resistance/health integers. It should come from tactics, planning, a proper application of CC and surprise and objective control and many other aspects. So the nerf to enemies shouldn't be feared, but it shouldn't be the DEFAULT balancing idea there is far more that could be making the game difficult.

But if you tune your content for "new players" you're forgetting new players that aren't idiots and rush the new content in an MMOstyle game(seriously who does this), the new players that finished their beginner missions and have decent mods and frames, moderate to lategame players who have good mods and builds and frames and weapons, to the players like myself that have been playing since 2013 with optimized builds and 5times forma'd gear and face challenges only when solo on a frame we're not familiar with and the enemy are level 200 with a modifier that benefits them. 

Even if they NEED to weaken the content, or buff the droprates or change things for balancing, I would hope they wait at least a few days if it's only new players that are experiencing problems with the balance. 1. Address the problem 2. set a date and 3. see how YOUR ENTIRE vocal playerbase views the balance. Give your vets a couple days to enjoy it. that's only fair.

we have had a good few days to enjoy it though, and while new players shouldnt rush content, venus is the second planet, you cant expect new players to spend a few days playing earth over and over before moving on to venus, or even one day, spending that much time there being boring and something a new player wouldnt wanna do aside, theres only so much you can get from earth and the earth boss is level 30, so new players cant even do that to get a new warframe, the only frame theyde be able to get from earth is gara, and even with a new warframe they wont wanna wait 4 days (if they get lucky with her drops all on the same day) for gara to build, theyll wanna move on and progress to venus and mercury so they can do the junction requirements to unlock mars, and how long itll take them depends on how they want to play, until they move on to other planets theyre stuck with whatever warframe they picked at the start unless they pay plat for new ones, and with venus being the second lowest level planet, its obvious theyll go there next (i agree a new player rushing to current content isnt something they should do in an MMO, but, and im sorry if im sounding like a broken record, this new content is on the second planet, its inevitable that theyll end up doing fortuna stuff pretty quickly)

i might have come across as "no mods" implying that new players wont have any mods at all, but even with getting a few mods from earth its not like theyll have them maxed out, or any amazing mods either, so the mods they would have wouldnt make much of a difference unless they spend a few days on earth before moving on to venus, and again, you cant expect a new player to stay on one planet that long (ide like to point out that i restarted on PC a while ago, so since i knew what to do and how the game plays i was able to rush through the content im currently talking about (im not gonna go slow when i have 18 MRs of content to re-do) so my view on it might be different to how new players would play, but when i play a new game i want to progress and have fun, so even though my view on it might be different given the fact that ive restarted earlier on in the year, and thats more fresh in my mind than when i first played the game, i feel what ive said isnt too far off from how new players would go about playing)

i know vets want challenging new content, but we have arbitrations, we have elite sanctuary onslaught, we have the 3 eidolons hunt and eventually well have the fortuna end game with fighting the giant spiders as well, the only thing missing which i wish they would bring back is the trials/raids, i understand that the higher tier bounties arent exactly a good level for newer players to be doing, but the fact is its still venus, its still the second planet we unlock so we should be expecting stuff like this, itll be different once we start getting open world areas on higher tier planets

1 hour ago, Joltyboi said:

we have had a good few days to enjoy it though, and while new players shouldnt rush content, venus is the second planet, you cant expect new players to spend a few days playing earth over and over before moving on to venus, or even one day, spending that much time there being boring and something a new player wouldnt wanna do aside, theres only so much you can get from earth and the earth boss is level 30, so new players cant even do that to get a new warframe, the only frame theyde be able to get from earth is gara, and even with a new warframe they wont wanna wait 4 days (if they get lucky with her drops all on the same day) for gara to build, theyll wanna move on and progress to venus and mercury so they can do the junction requirements to unlock mars, and how long itll take them depends on how they want to play, until they move on to other planets theyre stuck with whatever warframe they picked at the start unless they pay plat for new ones, and with venus being the second lowest level planet, its obvious theyll go there next (i agree a new player rushing to current content isnt something they should do in an MMO, but, and im sorry if im sounding like a broken record, this new content is on the second planet, its inevitable that theyll end up doing fortuna stuff pretty quickly)

i might have come across as "no mods" implying that new players wont have any mods at all, but even with getting a few mods from earth its not like theyll have them maxed out, or any amazing mods either, so the mods they would have wouldnt make much of a difference unless they spend a few days on earth before moving on to venus, and again, you cant expect a new player to stay on one planet that long (ide like to point out that i restarted on PC a while ago, so since i knew what to do and how the game plays i was able to rush through the content im currently talking about (im not gonna go slow when i have 18 MRs of content to re-do) so my view on it might be different to how new players would play, but when i play a new game i want to progress and have fun, so even though my view on it might be different given the fact that ive restarted earlier on in the year, and thats more fresh in my mind than when i first played the game, i feel what ive said isnt too far off from how new players would go about playing)

i know vets want challenging new content, but we have arbitrations, we have elite sanctuary onslaught, we have the 3 eidolons hunt and eventually well have the fortuna end game with fighting the giant spiders as well, the only thing missing which i wish they would bring back is the trials/raids, i understand that the higher tier bounties arent exactly a good level for newer players to be doing, but the fact is its still venus, its still the second planet we unlock so we should be expecting stuff like this, itll be different once we start getting open world areas on higher tier planets

When I started we didn't have "earth" we had space, everything was on a ship, we fought with machineguns and knives and we had a handful of stat mods and we were #*!%ing happy. and you know what, WE didn't have a ship, we had meditating in space, and we were HAPPY. These new players are entitled. 

I believe the content should be match it's planet progression. Venus shouldn't be MUCH more difficult than earth, but this is END-GAME *venus*, like plains is END-GAME *earth*. If the Fortuna update is easier than any mission on venus, you're doing it wrong Balance team. That's my opinion on balancing this update.

As for "pros" vs "casuals" or "newbies" vs "veterans" All our voices are important as we all are part of the playerbase and immediately going for the damage nerf because new players can't handle it, it showing some favoritism. At least give the playerbase a while to adjust and see if the damage they do is REALLY where the difficulty is coming from. Developers in ALL games are too quick to nerf damage when that may not even be from where the true problem lies. It could be # of enemies, resistances, occurrence, damage type because warframes DO have weaknesses to certain types of damages. It could be because of a specific enemy or the terrain aiding in the enemy's assaults. There are a myriad of reasons it could be difficult that AREN'T controlled by damage. 

Archived