Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.0.4

[DE]Megan

13 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Balances towards the Vox Solaris quest to decrease difficulty:

• Reduced the number of Excavators to defend to 1.
  • Lowered the max enemy count for Excavation. 
  • Enemies no longer drop Reinforcement Beacons.

Reduced excavators is nice, but the slow spawn rate and low hp beacons were a big part of the problem with Vallis excav taking forever.

Edit: oh wait, that's just for the quest, not the bounties. rip

5 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Removed the Ventkid Standing icon from the K-Drive race completion screen. Ventkid Standing is simply earned by doing tricks out in Orb Vallis. *Ventkid Standing for races will be coming in a future update as noted in Update 24!

Uh, what?

That's... distinctly not what you said in Update 24...

Boon - K-Drive Customization & Races

While you’re grinding your way through Orb Vallis, keep an eye out for Boon, the leader of the Kubrodon Ventkid Gang, who wants to see if your K-Drive skills are up to snuff. Look for Ventkids Icons on your minimap in the Vallis to find various K-Drive Race courses littered throughout the landscape. 

Talk to Boon at any of the icons to start a race. The rules are simple: pass through each of the checkpoints within the allotted time to complete the course. The real challenge is showing your K-Drive flair. The more tricks you complete during your race, the higher your overall Leaderboard Score and the more Standing you earn! 

PLEASE NOTE: Races will eventually be more intense - including 'admission cost' Standing to participate, rewarding even more standing on high-performing runs, and even leaderboard rewards! To help us stress test issues, we are NOT launching with 'admission costs' as we do not want to have a high-risk scenario in case of issues. Be prepared for higher risk, higher reward Races in a near hotfix! 

Five K-Drive race courses will be available each day, but you can replay each race for additional Standing until you meet the Standing cap. For those looking for more passive Standing gain, you will earn extra Ventkids Standing for any tricks you complete in the Vallis upon returning to Fortuna. 

Keep an eye out for floating purple K-Drive Trick Boosters that appear while riding out on the Vallis: hit them for an instant boost to your trick score multiplier!

You specifically stated we could get standing for the races and that the admission cost races later would be for MORE standing... so you lied to us... again... guess I'll go back to grinding that one pipe over and over, so much for hopes of actually having fun with the k-drive...

9 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Fixed seeing an option to place a Boot in the Personal Quarter aquarium. Boots belong on feet. 

Well if boots belong on feet, then why are we finding so many in the lakes in both Cetus AND Orb Vallis? It just makes sense that boots come from lakes. 

PS: having boots as special aquarium decorations would be magnificent. 

1 minute ago, Peter said:

No dificulty allowed. Rip

Base damage mostly affects newbies. As you might have noticed stuff that deals 75-ish damage base will 2-3-shot starting players with no mods.

Scaling in this game remains main way to add difficulty. Don't worry, highest levels will feel the same.

10 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Orb Vallis Enemy Changes:
Orb Vallis mission and Vox Solaris quest data showed that certain Terra enemy types were not on par with other Corpus enemies, causing an unintentional difficulty spike, especially noticed with lower level players. The following Terra enemies have received damage reductions to improve the balance between Orb Vallis enemies:

• Lowered Terra Plasmor Crewman base damage from 30 to 25.
  • Lowered Terra Raptor SX base damage from 30 to 25 and base area damage from 75 to 40.
  • Lowered Terra Embattor MOA bounce mine damage from 150 to 75.
  • Lowered Terra Sniper Crewman base damage from 60 to 45.
  • Lowered Terra Overtaker base damage from 120 to 60 and area damage from 50 to 25.
  • Lowered Terra Jailer area damage from 50 to 20.

This makes me sad. I enjoyed the challenge, but I understand for the newbies.

11 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Resource Boosters now apply to Tags procured from capturing animals in Orb Vallis! May your Floof stockpiles grow!

Not gonna lie, pretty excited about this since I always have a booster. Does Smeeta's charm affect this also if I have mine with me?

Thanks for the Helios fix also!

Archived