Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fire And Electricity: Not Equally Good.

CaptainohCaptain

All we know fire damage as anti-infested and electricity as anti-Corpus. The problem is, they are not the same in terms of effectiveness.

Just look at it:

Corpus Crewmen has no armor on their heads. MOA don't have armor at all. Full and increased damage dealing is possible.

Infested Chargers has no unprotected parts and ancient's legs has somewhat buggy (if not missing!) hitboxes.

Solution: Either fix Ancient's hitboxes and add some weakspot to Chargers or buff the Fire damage/Change it into DoT.

Or simply add some really good screams for fire effects, like in Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Correct me if I'm wrong but armor don't affect elemental damage - fire/electric dmg will still hurt enemies vulnerable to those elements quite much while only basic damage will be reduced.

You are wrong. Elemental damage is affected by armor.

I was responding to your statement:

Chargers are unprotected against Serrated blade weapons such as Miter and Dread.

Ignored damage types != having unprotected parts.

Ignored damage types != having unprotected parts.

No. Serrated Blade damage ignores the armor of both Moas and Chargers. That's not my point.

My point is chargers have a weakness. It's not fire damage, it's blade damage.

In terms of "weak parts," chargers have a head, it's just very small. Damage is doubled if you hit the head of a charger.

Also also: Moas have 10x the base armor of a charger.

Correct me if I'm wrong but armor don't affect elemental damage - fire/electric dmg will still hurt enemies vulnerable to those elements quite much while only basic damage will be reduced.

It's been found out recently that the idea of "elemental resistance" was actually armor applying to fire and electricity. The only creature that has actual elemental resistance is the light infested (charger, runners, etc), who take half damage from AP.

Additionally, the only elemental that don't have enemy armor applied to is AP.

I was responding to your statement:

Chargers are unprotected against Serrated blade weapons such as Miter and Dread.

A little correction: Dread does Blade damage, not Serrated Blade.

Moas DO have armor, and much more than a lot of enemies

They just don't apply it.

VERY big difference.

There's two ways to bypass armor, hit a body part that does not apply armor, or use an element that is on the mob's armor ignore list.

As to the OP, Damage System Rework coming Soon (likely U10).

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Moas DO have armor, and much more than a lot of enemies

They just don't apply it.

VERY big difference.

There's two ways to bypass armor, hit a body part that does not apply armor, or use an element that is on the mob's armor ignore list.

As to the OP, Damage System Rework coming Soon (likely U10).

Having armor that doesn't work is the same as not having it. Unless Moa's have armor applied to them in future updates, that armor value doesn't have any practical meaning.

Having armor that doesn't work is the same as not having it. Unless Moa's have armor applied to them in future updates, that armor value doesn't have any practical meaning.

Does not change the fact that they Don't Apply Armor rather than Have Zero Armor.

While it currently doesn't matter, it could potentially matter.

Actually, if having over 100% armor reduction via Corrosive mods amps damage, that trick won't work on Moas. Which *would* make this an important distinction even currently.

It's also an important distinction when trying to figure out why X works the way it does. While X might not exist currently, it may exist later. And without keeping in mind how things are actually working, X might behave in a manner that is contradictory to how it "should".

Hell, people thought Moas took x3 from poison (and warframe powers) for the longest time until Pwnatron realized how default hit locations worked.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Actually, if having over 100% armor reduction via Corrosive mods amps damage, that trick won't work on Moas. Which *would* make this an important distinction even currently.

That trick won't work on Moa's because Moa's don't use armor. Them having 200 armor has nothing to do with how Corrosive Projection works on them, or really anything currently. It also doesn't work on Runners, who have 0 armor. The armor values only matter when a weapon strikes a protected body part, which neither Runners nor Moa's have.