Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exploitable Fish Behavior

Qwaar

Just outside the entrance to Fortuna, if you deviate lazily right and follow that stream to near its end, you can toss down a single dye and start aiming at where the stream hits the solidified sludge. At times you just can launch your spear as rapidly as possible or just wait till you hear bubbling. All of the fish will end up spawning and deviating to the same location, making aiming for them a waste of time, because all of their spawn and movement behaviors in the stream will get them stuck in the same spot. The spawn rate on this stream is also so high that you can use this to average a fish every five seconds pretty much indefinitely. 

While this is hardly something that utterly ruins the experience, it is something that strikes me as unintentional, and probably repeatable wherever a stream terminates downhill into sludge, so if there are rarer fish spawns at one of these well.... it trivializes the matter. Dye becomes completely irrelevant once you memorize the spot the fish get stuck, as you can just blindly throw and hit the fish before their model spawns in.

2 minutes ago, Qwaar said:

Just outside the entrance to Fortuna, if you deviate lazily right and follow that stream to near its end, you can toss down a single dye and start aiming at where the stream hits the solidified sludge. At times you just can launch your spear as rapidly as possible or just wait till you hear bubbling. All of the fish will end up spawning and deviating to the same location, making aiming for them a waste of time, because all of their spawn and movement behaviors in the stream will get them stuck in the same spot. The spawn rate on this stream is also so high that you can use this to average a fish every five seconds pretty much indefinitely. 

While this is hardly something that utterly ruins the experience, it is something that strikes me as unintentional, and probably repeatable wherever a stream terminates downhill into sludge, so if there are rarer fish spawns at one of these well.... it trivializes the matter. Dye becomes completely irrelevant once you memorize the spot the fish get stuck, as you can just blindly throw and hit the fish before their model spawns in.

Is it the spot on the map, where the left top corner of the "F" in "Fortuna" points to? That's my sin ...

I should take some screenshots and post them here.

Just now, GrazewoundZeroLow said:

Is it the spot on the map, where the left top corner of the "F" in "Fortuna" points to? That's my sin ...

I should take some screenshots and post them here.

Yes, but I'm guessing there are other streams where this happens as well.