Kitgun theorycraft

wtflag

Disclaimer: I have not build a single kitgun, nor am I going to build a kitgun until I max my standing. Hence this is a theorycraft.

My theory is that the best general purpose kitgun is going to be a full crit long range beam weapon with Pax Bolt. Pax Bolt reads "headshots have a 50% chance to increase power strength and efficiency by 30% for 6s"

Firstly beam weapons are extremely accurate and naturally good at proc-ing status. This allows beam weapons to go into full crit and still have decent status chance with couple of 60/60 mods. Too high status chance is a waste anyway. The build will be similar to the current atomos build. 

Then you use Pax Bolt to make it the best gun ever for frames like Equinox. Pax Bolt, like energy conversion, is probably going to snapshot at the time of casting for toggle abilities. This makes it perfect for frames with strong toggle ability like poster child Maim Equinox. 

Other frames like Excalibur or Oberon have good toggle abilities. Since the activation of Pax Bolt is so easy on a beam weapon, even frames with strong high duration abilities like Octavia or frames with strong single cast ability like Rhino can easily make use of it to empower their abilities.

I hope everyone is as excited as I am on this potentially build changing equipment that DE has given us. 😊

Edited by wtflag

I got the shotgun day offer, believe it does 24kish damage and u can nearly blind-shoot it :P

Got 2 others now also, overal its the weapons from PoE, few are decent, but there is always an already existing weapon outperforming it, or just use even stronger main weapon.

And not to forget, they don't have Rivens.

Edited by SinergyX

4 minutes ago, SinergyX said:

I got the shotgun day offer, believe it does 24kish damage and u can nearly blind-shoot it 😛

Got 2 others now also, overal its the weapons from PoE, few are decent, but there is always an already existing weapon outperforming it, or just use even stronger main weapon.

Actually my point is that any gun can deal damage, but only kitguns can use Pax Bolt and that is an absolute game changer for some frames.

And in any case, the highest damage guns are primary weapons so having a utility secondary is what most players look for.

A beam type kitgun is in my view the easiest gun to proc Pax Bolt with. But it could be just me, some of the others may appeal to you more when it comes to doing headshots.

21 hours ago, SinergyX said:

I got the shotgun day offer, believe it does 24kish damage and u can nearly blind-shoot it 😛

They have Rivens as any other weapon .

I am going to personally try for a rapid fire crit secondary (Rattleguts) using Pax charge and slowly look for a - max ammo neg riven with good stats as a replacement for Cycron, which is lacking in the long range department. Would be a worthy replacement for Aksomati/Akbolto P.

Would be nice as a back up as I love low ammo primaries.

But on the issue of Pax Bolt, I believe that Catchmoon may be the best possible use due to its arca plasmor like mechanic. The Gaze reciever seems to have a good base stat spread with no modifiers after Gilding, so it can probably do a good hybrid build if you stick with a non crit/status balancing magazine or just skew it slightly.

5 minutes ago, N2h2 said:

just to tame a bit theory enthousiastic people. kitguns just have been nerfed as hell.
The one from day 2 offer just came from 12k/hit on lvl 80 kuva lancer to 2.5k/hit without changing anything on it.
Soo RIP

Sounds like an extinguished dragon key.

il y a 9 minutes, rapt0rman a dit :

Sounds like an extinguished dragon key.

holy.... I unequipped it, then crached and didn't noticed it came back. You rules, I suck XD.

It' fun to play with but it's totally game breaking. hard to admitt, but I'm starting to think a nerf should be done to keep the game balance.

Edited by N2h2

16 hours ago, Loviam said:

Where is that stated?

I was pretty sure something along that line was mentioned in devstream when they talked about the partial revamp of the Rivens.

Cant be 100% sure about that, but unless they suddenly popup, I don't see any Rivens for both craftable melee as guns.

16 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Pax charge and slowly look for a - max ammo neg riven

That's a great buff with Pax charge! I'm really looking forward to a melee 3.0 secondary. Shooting your kit gun then swinging your sword during the recharge. This way you have consistent DPS! As far as what to build I'm probably straying from beam weapons besides mastery. Gammacor is a great beam with its syndicate proc and atomos has the amprex mechanic. Don't think a beam kitgun would upstage either but could be wrong. I'll want a high crit low fire rate weapon for spidolons, and a hybrid crit status high fire rate weapon for general mob play. Looking forward to Old Mate status.

Oh yeah, with the Gaze you can get up to 45% crit chance if you skew for crits. The base is pretty much 27% crit/status which you can mod with the magazine of choice.

Seems quite good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-11-13 at 9:26 AM, SinergyX said:

I was pretty sure something along that line was mentioned in devstream when they talked about the partial revamp of the Rivens.

Cant be 100% sure about that, but unless they suddenly popup, I don't see any Rivens for both craftable melee as guns.

I mean zaws have rivens so... I'd assume they are coming.

1 minute ago, BimplescrumpTheWise said:

I mean zaws have rivens so... I'd assume they are coming.

I bought a Rattleguts Riven so yes, Kitguns have Rivens.

You can definitely see people selling Gaze and Tombfinger on trade chat all the time.