Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Overhaul/change Idea/suggestion

KomradKickass

So, I was thinking about melee in warframe, and I have come to the conclusion that the main problem with melee is that it is just bland. Melee in warframe seems to consist of two methods of play:

E,E,E,E.....

OR

Hold E, Release E, Hold E, Release E, Hold E, Release E.....

I think this problem is detrimental to warframe, as without the melee system, warframe is just a third person shooter. 

Now, in my opinion, the root of this problem is that melee only has one button (unless you count blocking), so to fix this, I would do the following.

1) Pressing "E" switches/equips your melee weapon.

2)With your melee weapon equipped, Left Click(L) performs a light/weak melee attack, and Right Click® performs a heavy/strong attack.

Now, with there being two types of melee, you can create a combo system, (to those who have played dynasty warriors/vindictus, think of those games), such as something like:

L>>R = Riser attack

L>>L>>R = sweeping AoE attack

L>>L>>L>>R = knockdown/back attack

I think a change like this would go a long way in improving the melee system of warframe, and furthermore make up for some of their DPS/Range deficiencies when compared to guns due to the utility of the knockback/AoE of combos.

You wouldn't need to make unique combos for every individual weapons (though it would be nice), just combos for the general classes (long swords, daggers, dual daggers, heavy, dual swords, etc.)

After all, what is the point in "SpaceNinjas" when awesome guns overshadow bland melee?

Suggestions, Feedback, Criticism?

You clearly have not yet mastered the mobility of Warframe, accomplish this, mold it into your melee tactics, this is the way of the Tenno Shinobi! I quite enjoy the melee system, nothing is more gratifying than stealth slashing a mob, slide-hitting the next gent then combo into a wall-run-hit on the poor Osprey quickly followed by the jump attack and execute last baddie.

This is a feat I accomplished just a few hours ago solo >:3....Dat Kogake...

Edited by un1337ninj4

You clearly have not yet mastered the mobility of Warframe, accomplish this, mold it into your melee tactics, this is the way of the Tenno Shinobi! I quite enjoy the melee system, nothing is more gratifying than stealth slashing a mob, slide-hitting the next gent then combo into a wall-run-hit on the poor Osprey quickly followed by the jump attack and execute last baddie.

This is a feat I accomplished just a few hours ago solo >:3

True, but in my suggestion, the ability to do that would not go away.

Also, the situation I was describing above deals with when you are at higher levels, when enemies take many melee attacks to die. In the high level regime, the ability to combo would be very useful, as opposed to the "E,E,E..." described above. 

indeed

True, but in my suggestion, the ability to do that would not go away.

Also, the situation I was describing above deals with when you are at higher levels, when enemies take many melee attacks to die. In the high level regime, the ability to combo would be very useful, as opposed to the "E,E,E..." described above.