Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller Ability Menu broke with last update

Salenstormwing

Okay, I have the Ability Menu stuck on Up D-Pad. I switch to the Tranq rifle, and it says to hold UP to bring up the menu for the Conservation, but it doesn't work now. It did yesterday. I'd hold up, and I could switch to the Popper Call just fine. And considering this is used for fishing as well, it sucks if I can't fish.

Let me see if this happens when I fish as well. *runs off to go fish*

Okay, that works fine, but not with the Tranq Rifle and friends. A X B show up just fine.

Menu works fine for powers, just not Conservation stuff.

Same thing happening to me. I havent been using the ability menu on controller until this update forced me to with fishing. I really dont like it and prefer how it was on the plains where once you had your spear equipped when you brought your gear wheel back up it showed your fishing consumables. 

8 hours ago, WARmaro said:

Same thing happening to me. I havent been using the ability menu on controller until this update forced me to with fishing. I really dont like it and prefer how it was on the plains where once you had your spear equipped when you brought your gear wheel back up it showed your fishing consumables. 

I had to map the ability menu to even use fishing now, because like you, the old way allowed me to figure out what I wanted easily and this requires the ability menu. So for it to not work all the time is annoying.

It replaced my Waypoint marker, so I hope I remember the right keyboard key to mark a spot when I find an ayatan statue.....

The Fishing UI still works, but yes, the Conservation UI does not work on controller. holding the ability menu button does nothing and pressing it just activates whatever your last ability used/selected was.

I don't mind using the ability Menu, it opens up a few extra buttons to map on my controller. What i dont like is having to have all my echo lures on my gear wheel.

2 hours ago, TheFatDrake said:

I don't mind using the ability Menu, it opens up a few extra buttons to map on my controller. What i dont like is having to have all my echo lures on my gear wheel.

Yes, I have to put my echo lures on my gear wheel as well. It's annoying that I put the ability menu on the controller so I could do fishing properly and I find out the new mode has it broken with Conservation.

Since I have nothing else to add, for better Popper Hunting, consider using either Ivara (for sleeping target) or Banshee (making the rifle silent for additional follow-ups without alerting the multiple poppers).

5 minutes ago, Salenstormwing said:

Yes, I have to put my echo lures on my gear wheel as well. It's annoying that I put the ability menu on the controller so I could do fishing properly and I find out the new mode has it broken with Conservation.

Since I have nothing else to add, for better Popper Hunting, consider using either Ivara (for sleeping target) or Banshee (making the rifle silent for additional follow-ups without alerting the multiple poppers).

I use Loki with Hushed invisibility