Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lighting excessively dark/bright bug

CorvinusLucian

Hi there

I'm having the same issue, when leaving caves and such it takes 30 seconds+ to adjust, in the meantime everything is pure white.

I also can't see a thing in the new interiors as you've pictured above, the whole excess light / dark thing was an issue for me a year ago whilst trying to do masteries, the mastery tilesets was completely washed out, I spent a while tweaking the setting and managed to correct it, but I'm back to square one again.

If the DE stuff could find a happy medium of well lit interiors and clear but not blinding outside world and make that the universal default that'd be ace. ☺️

4 hours ago, Gorgorex said:

I solved this problem lowering down in the display options Brightness to 45, Contrast to 40, Bloom to 5 and turning Off Color Correction and Dynamic Lighting. Game is now beautiful if not better without making my eyes bleed.

Intel i5 6600 3.30Ghz - Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 4Gb - Win 7 Ultimate 64bits

Thanks for sharing, decided to a little tweaking myself, couldn't live with the game as it was.

Below are snapshots of a cave interior, then coming out of the cave a snapshot taken 5 seconds after once the light had adjusted,    and the final snapshot is of the settings I'm currently using and are happy with. ☺️

ONLbU31.jpg 

49KyQg2.jpg

7YDF4Ik.jpg

Hope it helps someone. ☺️

Am 13.11.2018 um 03:47 schrieb CorvinusLucian:

Upon entering Corpus bases and caves the lighting is excessively dark.

wGCzqxK.jpg

Then when exiting it's blindingly bright.

F1MkomE.jpg

cxxITiI.jpg

TBH, the lighting has been overly saturated since mainline (I think), but nothing this bad.

I'm running i7 5820K with nvidia 970 on Win 8.1

Hi, i had the same problem, so i checked my Options - Display Settings and tested,

after activating these 2 Settings (that were off)

- High Dynamic Range

-  Adaptive Lightning

(i use Brightness : 50, Contrast 50, Color Correction Off)

my Prolbems are solved, even Cetus at night looks a lot better, not to say it makes a differnce like night and day.

Maybe this may help you too 🙂

Edited by Dumant
improvement

1 hour ago, [DE]Helen said:

We're aware of lighting issues in Fortuna and the Orb Vallis. Working on a fix.
Thank you all for shedding some more light on the issue!

Aaaww thanks Helen, if you manage to get a really nice balance between the light and dark with a crisp image without too much saturation could you make that the default please, the reset to default thing.  :smile:

1 hour ago, [DE]Helen said:

We're aware of lighting issues in Fortuna and the Orb Vallis. Working on a fix.
Thank you all for shedding some more light on the issue!

You need to remind Steve again to look at his lighting. The whole game treats white as a total washout flat color covering all the texture of the mappings.

1 hour ago, kyori said:

You need to remind Steve again to look at his lighting. The whole game treats white as a total washout flat color covering all the texture of the mappings.

Gonna hijack your comment on reminding him as well. This issue you mentioned is extremely prevalent in Clan Dojos.
Here is an old photo I found online of the Dojo Trophy room before the changes to lighting went through.
DaSUBOr.jpg

Same room months after the lighting update for dojos
wAIpwus.jpg

The loki statue as a whole is good but it's head is so disgustingly illuminated.

This is currently what happens in the Junno Water Garden. All objects become horribly white washed.
3c39C3G.jpg

Edited by Nanakisan