Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do your morality choices in the Sacrifice stay permanent?

Agentcheese

Question

I remember reading on the forums how after you played the war with for the 2nd time your choices would be locked in for good.

Is this actually true or was that person misinformed? And more importantly does it work the same way for the sacrifice? I want to know since I plan on recording a certain part of the quest and I wouldn't mind choosing different morality options to see what the character's say.

8 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

In any quest they are locked after the first walkthrough.

Its unfortunate, because I wanted to go full happy place, but chose some hell stuff and now im kinda split in favour of happy, but not all the way. (I don't know actual names, don't quote me on it)

4 hours ago, .Spawn said:

Its unfortunate, because I wanted to go full happy place, but chose some hell stuff and now im kinda split in favour of happy, but not all the way. (I don't know actual names, don't quote me on it)

Dang.. That sucks. For your sake I really hope that the devs let you change your choices at some point. Its not really a problem for me since I thought about every single choice for a decent while before I picked them. Well except for that choice you pick at the end of the Glast gambit. I wish I could choose a different option there. 

8 hours ago, Agentcheese said:

I remember reading on the forums how after you played the war with for the 2nd time your choices would be locked in for good.

Is this actually true or was that person misinformed? And more importantly does it work the same way for the sacrifice? I want to know since I plan on recording a certain part of the quest and I wouldn't mind choosing different morality options to see what the character's say.

7 hours ago, Ksaero said:

In any quest they are locked after the first walkthrough.

Can you please post when this was changed? Because i'm sure that just before the sacrifice i replayed both the second dream and the war within and the choises definitely were NOT locked. I could choose again and it changed my total moon/sun balance.

There were plans for some further system related to alignment with quests setting your initial alignment. I can't remember if the info was from a devstream or from one of [DE] Steve's streams, way back when. It looks like they haven't figured out what they want it to be, or it's been shelved.

Edited by schilds