Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tentacle Swarm is a Useless Gimmick

YagoXiten

On 2018-11-19 at 1:43 PM, LSG501 said:

no idea what you're doing with your builds then but like I say mine work fine...

Not being good doesn't always mean it doesn't work. Regardless of how well your or any of our build is, it's irrelevant to the Undertow's unreliable mechanics. Fixing it's unreliability isn't going to negatively impact Hydroid.

11 minutes ago, TheLocalHentai said:

Not being good doesn't always mean it doesn't work. Regardless of how well your or any of our build is, it's irrelevant to the Undertow's unreliable mechanics. Fixing it's unreliability isn't going to negatively impact Hydroid.

completely out of the blue you mention undertow when we've been on about tentacle swarm....

On 2018-11-21 at 8:06 PM, TheLocalHentai said:

On 2018-11-22 at 12:44 AM, TheLocalHentai said:

Meant Tentacle Swarm

This is precisely my point. Tentacle Swarm does what it's supposed to. What it's supposed to do isn't done well. The only advantages it has over Tempest Barrage are that it lasts longer and works through an Ancient Healer's aura. If it weren't for that fact it would be completely outclassed and strictly worse than Tempest Barrage.

am still overly-gloating about my reathe and drenky water, why of coarse my machinist would be able to deal more dps with his weapons mutated into sea creatures, or watever aquaman. i love my hydroid tentacles to act like ninjas, maybe the floor can be wet, or the tentacles can lay in prone. then they spring up when the enemies get near, and power up team mates and other non-combat mechanics, what about using the ability in mid air? can it be used to farm? or survive drowning / falling / reviving teamates faster?

On 2018-11-23 at 9:26 PM, (PS4)NemitheNem said:

Just let tentacles transmit damage.

Not the worst idea. That's how Zephyr's Tornado works, and at least it'd make the ability worth using. Ultimately, though, I'd rather the ability do something unique. Holding enemies in place is nice because it allows you to score headshots which Hydroid's three other abilities kind of hamper.

8 hours ago, YagoXiten said:

Not the worst idea. That's how Zephyr's Tornado works, and at least it'd make the ability worth using. Ultimately, though, I'd rather the ability do something unique. Holding enemies in place is nice because it allows you to score headshots which Hydroid's three other abilities kind of hamper.

Maybe tap to change modes? Like with Khora and Venari. 

23 hours ago, (PS4)NemitheNem said:

Maybe tap to change modes? Like with Khora and Venari. 

It already has a hold function which increases the radius and the number of tentacles spawned (which, ironically, makes the ability perform generally worse as the tentacles end up spread out too far to efficiently lock down an area).

On 2018-11-29 at 11:06 AM, YagoXiten said:

It already has a hold function which increases the radius and the number of tentacles spawned (which, ironically, makes the ability perform generally worse as the tentacles end up spread out too far to efficiently lock down an area).

Yes, but that's at cast.

INK BULELTS with various new:status effects/animation after using tentacle swarm, mayvbe the player has collected jelly and can use it with secondary fire to launch a granade, the game shouldnt be just about collecting energy powerups, the resources found in warframe should have secondary uses for combat/weapons/especially melee swords, cesti to pick them up since they are familiar, they are ammo, and they are known to be crafting/desynthesis for restoring, curing, and performing special feats. then the tentacles can be destroyed or powered up with armor, shields, and guitars, lasers are still my favorite if you give them a powerful mage, who can equip them with catalyst guns on each of the hydras, special mods can be equiped right in the middle of combat, you just pause the game, and then go through the final requirements, with new rewards...or loot.and thats pretty crazy way to improve tentacles, i mean you can just see it happen

Edited by (PS4)santospizarro

Am 18.11.2018 um 09:51 schrieb TheLocalHentai:

Might just be an engine limitation but tentacles actively seeking enemies would be helpful.....

For me , its enough that on casting, they appear under the enemys i can see or standing in that watery visual effect even when not in direct line of sight. When no mobs around youll get a bunch of stacked tentacles because Hentaioctopus doesnt know where to grab anything 🙂

Tentacle swarm does finisher damage. I mean I do get top damage with it in Augmented Shield sorties when I use hydroid every now and then but hey, what do I know right?

Edited by Guest

On 2018-11-19 at 12:06 AM, WarRelic said:

I Just wish we could shoot or attack the "Kraken's" head to apply that weapons damage and status to the tentacles. 

I would upvote this more if i could.

Looking at similar abilities in the game, they have a way to spread the damage among affected enemies to lessen the trouble of damaging them. Zephyr's Tornado had this feature added for that reason, and Khora's Strangledome synergizes by spreading damage dealt to those enemies with her whipclaw.

It would be amazing to "aggravate" the kraken causing it to spread a portion of damage it receives among affected enemies and making the the tentacles flail more aggressively. It fits the theme DE wanted to stick to with it seeming more chaotic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-12-05 at 3:47 AM, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I would upvote this more if i could.

Looking at similar abilities in the game, they have a way to spread the damage among affected enemies to lessen the trouble of damaging them. Zephyr's Tornado had this feature added for that reason, and Khora's Strangledome synergizes by spreading damage dealt to those enemies with her whipclaw.

It would be amazing to "aggravate" the kraken causing it to spread a portion of damage it receives among affected enemies and making the the tentacles flail more aggressively. It fits the theme DE wanted to stick to with it seeming more chaotic.

Another idea would be to make the kracken a bullet attracter that releases a toxin cloud along all the tentacles every time a certain amount of damage is recieved, or have it "consume" a target and increase AOE each time.