Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I spoke too soon.

MattM01

(Disclaimer Yes I know that every part of Warframe can be changed and nothing is solid and in concrete. Okay now that's cleared away)Some of us actually got lucky with our rivens and got them from sorties and rolled them time and time again through countless Kuva Farming. Riven dispositions were added to help balance the Rivens which was a good thing, I had no problem with that. Yet to nerf Rivens that people either earned through sorties, bought with plat, or put money into "Your Game" in order to purchase plat and buy a riven is kind of a low and disrespectful blow to the player community. Yes some were selling some rivens for obscene amounts of plat, but what about the players who actually earned those rivens through chance and took their time to farm Kuva to roll their perfect chance role? What do they get? I am not asking an explanation from any players b/c this is directed right at The Devs. I still love your game but when you do something like this it seems desperate and that shows poorly in my eyes and maybe other's eyes. We don't even get any compensation other than some Rivens were given a buff so hope we have those, hope we get those, or hope we can buy those. It just seems quite disrespectful. I will always play your game b/c it is great but more moves like this and I'm not sure as many people will be as patient as I/others am/are.

Edited by MattM01

(My Disclaimer should have made it clear)I didn't spend tons of money, no where close, maybe 500plat since Rivens were released. I did spend a lot of time farming for Kuva. Well these changes are the kinds of changes that push people away from the game. Activision/Blizzard just learned that as well as EA Games in the past. I hope for the sake of the game that people don't get discouraged and leave. To be so arrogant to think that some people won't stop playing the game due to this change or other drastic changes in the game on this or a higher level is dangerous to say the least. I'm not upset as much as I am worried that if they continue actions such as these then no one will trust Warframe enough to put any real short to long term effort into it and the game will tank. I hope not.

Edited by MattM01

15 minutes ago, MattM01 said:

Riven dispositions were added to help balance the Rivens which was a good thing, I had no problem with that.

That’s your answer right there. It’s for balance. You literally invested in something that’s gonna change. It’s like investing in a villa near a volcano. Don’t act like your rivens are useless now, a couple of %s lost isn’t much

Edited by GinKenshin

11 minutes ago, MattM01 said:

am not asking an explanation from any players b/c this is directed right at The Devs

General discussion is like region chat, Devs avoid it. 

Saw a YouTube video saying DE should adjust weapons and not Rivens which sounds like a good idea. It was so depressing to see my once favourite Arca plasmor ruined first with that God awful visual rework that will blind you if the energy colour is anything other than black, and then waking up to see the one riven I use for it having its stats reduced from 3 digits to 2

People getting mad at disposition changes is like getting mad at investment advisor when the stock that you bought dropped in price despite being told that the price WILL drop.

If they got mad and quit then it's on them. Nothing much DE can do about it.

Edited by -AiLuoLi-

20 minutes ago, MattM01 said:

kind of a low and disrespectful blow to the player community.

I think this sentense should sum up what you told us. You think that Dev being low and disrespectful because they 'Balance' the game? Well, some player might think that. But since I'm not really care about Riven and/or depend less on one. I don't really 'Care' what would happen to Riven system. Be it good or Bad. It had a little impact on my game play.

Imo Rivens should've never been a thing. DE's only mistake, beside introducing them, was to wait so long before doing another dispo change, it left some players with the impression that those stats are set in stone and that it's perfectly normal for some of the strongest weapons released to have a high/max dispo because their previous iteration was garbage unused.

It is difficult to relate because for me I see balancing a good thing rather than a bad one. You might argue and say " well I do as well but I'd rather buff the other content than nerf what was already effective. " - and fair enough that could work as well. But I do not relate with the idea that balancing pushes people away necessarily. I think that is true for some, sure, but for the most part I doubt it. If something is broke, say how Mirage used to cause FPS issues to low end computers with certain setups, it is hardly unreasonable for the developers to ' nerf ' her mechanic. Same way Riven dispositions were never touted as fixed, they were always said to be rebalanced at times, and now they've said it will be a more regular thing.

There is a reason pursuing after the most powerful Rivens out there for weapons you know have already unintentionally high Riven dispositions or stats is a fools effort. One may choose to exploit the temporary situation just like one may choose to exploit a bug or glitch for temporary gain, but that player is conscious that this is not how it is supposed to work and therefore getting upset about it being ' fixed ' is kind of silly.

Now look, I get that it that it frustrates to pour in a lot of effort to perfect something only to see it gone waste over time. But it is also true that the information that this would happen was always out there and it was only a mater of time it would be done so you kind of caused this to yourself by shooting your own feet and now you wonder why your feet hurt. Were I you, I would take it as a growing lesson so that you do not repeat the circumstance in the future.

Rivens are supposed to be chaotic in nature.

I really don't get all the salt over this. If you have a God Roll Riven & it went down in disposition...it is STILL a God Roll it just had it's stats lowered a little.
Big Deal.

Too many players have become WAY too over-reliant on Rivens it seems.

I feel bad forp layers who got cheated our of thousands upon thousands of plat but DE warned folks that Rivens are not static mods & never will be.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Too many players have become WAY too over-reliant on Rivens it seems

This. And most of them not even do 20 min missions... Rivens in my opinion are for weapons a possibility to deal with 100+ lv enemy's and not for the star chart to nuke everything.

2 hours ago, MattM01 said:

(Disclaimer Yes I know that every part of Warframe can be changed and nothing is solid and in concrete.

The logic in your disclaimer is flawed. You generalized rivens as a part of "every part of warframe". This is absolutely wrong, Rivens SPCIFICALLY were said to have RECURRING changes depending on usage. The effort spent on getting rivens, regardless if it was through buying plat or through farming is irrelevant.

Another point is that there is no disrespect to the community here as the nerf is global. Since everyone was nerfed if you had the best riven you would still have the best riven in the server.

Yeah and also.

tears.png

XD

Edited by Dripping-Cannon
wrong spelling

I don't understand all the salt. My rivens for OP weapons went down only slightly and others that weren't OP are now close. I have invested time and money into rivens, a fair amount, but it was pretty clear from the beginning they were gonna be changing. Only real mistake I feel DE made is waiting so long to adjust them.

Good thing is in another game that I play, they always fully refund all players whenever nerfs hit their items (well it is not really refund because players keep their nerfed items but get full price return in back up currency equivalent to the main premium currency which can be used to get premium items like premium currency.) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(it's even a mobile game.) 

(lol) 

5 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

Good thing is in another game that I play, they always fully refund all players whenever nerfs hit their items (well it is not really refund because players keep their nerfed items but get full price return in back up currency equivalent to the main premium currency which can be used to get premium items like premium currency.) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(it's even a mobile game.) 

(lol) 

what would they refund??