Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New trading system idea

(XBOX)gusswho38

I've noticed that the trading system is kind of a mess. Either you sit around on the trading chat and hope that someone is around to see your post. Or going to a relay only offer up stuff. 

This is my idea that may already been thought up but havent seen it:

Every player has their own personal marketplace. This marketplace is just a list of items that you are willing to sell. You set your own price for the items you list. Someone can message you to negotiate a price but if you are ok with the price you can buy it right then and there without talking to the player. 

To view someone's marketplace, just click on their name from either the chat or in the party and select the marketplace tab (similar to selecting the chat or mute).

4 hours ago, (XB1)gusswho38 said:

I'd even be ok if it was ONLY the list of things they wanted to sell or looking to buy. I just think trying to scream out what you wanna sell/trade/buy on a chat is some what ineffective.

And the way its handle at relays now only helps sellers. 

You aware of https://xbox.warframe.market/, aren't you? If not, then you are now 😉

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You aware of https://xbox.warframe.market/, aren't you? If not, then you are now 😉

Yea but they arent associated with DE. 

The warframe market app is closer to what I'd imagine the in game personal market would be. I just dont want to HAVE to type out everything I want. Like if I wanted focus lenses.. no one just advertises they have those for sale. So I have to go into a trade and then ask if they have something they arent advertising. 

I'd like to see a categorized list of what people are willing to sell. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)gusswho38 said:

I'd like to see a categorized list of what people are willing to sell

2 minutes ago, (XB1)gusswho38 said:

Yea but they arent associated with DE. 

Can you elaborate why this is a no-no for you?

I use this site quite often...almost every time I play the game tbh. I just list what I sell and what I want to buy and get like 40 whispers per hour.

5 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Can you elaborate why this is a no-no for you?

I use this site quite often...almost every time I play the game tbh. I just list what I sell and what I want to buy and get like 40 whispers per hour.

because a multi million dollar company shouldn't be farming out fixing it's problems to third party apps/sites? trading is like 40% of the game an utter disaster, to even call it decent it would need a way to passively sell your items, a comprehensive list of recent transactions involving items yu want to sell/buy to show a trending price ect,

33 minutes ago, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

because a multi million dollar company shouldn't be farming out fixing it's problems to third party apps/sites?

little derail: *cough* EA, Ubisoft, Bethesda *cough*

b2t: Warframe only uses a minor number of servers for login, PvP and some storage. That's the reason DE gave us for the 90 cap of Riven. If DE would implement your idea this would need lots of storage as well...and tbh I don't want to be limited with my listings 

They should then better invest in all things server based