Archwing changes

Vitoga

Yes, they did change it in 24.0.4:

20 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Sky Archwing sprinting now more closely resembles normal Archwing. 

Honestly, I don't like it one bit - previously arching on the Plains and Orb Vallis was pretty fun with all the loops and other acrobatics you could do - now it's just... Archwing, I guess. The thing is - only a few people liked archwing in space, so I have no idea why they wanted to make arching in open plains more like it... Seems counter-intuitive... 

Anyone wants to join me in voicing our concerns in the thread? I'm about to drop a quick note there.

Revert the change, please. It now takes a long time going anywhere and the view angle limit does not make any sense. No loops, no barrel rolls. I also hope it was an oversight and not a design choice to push people towards Kdrives. You don't make something more appealing by making everything else less fun.

Edited by lukaself

Please revert these sky archwing changes.  I honestly can't believe you did this.  Being able to fly upside down and do loops and barrel rolls was one of the most fun aspects of free roam missions for me.  Quite frankly, I am devastated by this change.  It was so much fun before.  Now it's total meh.  This is hands down the worst decision you've ever made, DE.  But you've always been great about listening to your players, and you've proven yourselves many times by doing the right thing.  I trust you to make the right decision again.  Please fix this.

On 2018-11-13 at 2:36 PM, lukaself said:

Revert the change, please. It now takes a long time going anywhere and the view angle limit does not make any sense. No loops, no barrel rolls. I also hope it was an oversight and not a design choice to push people towards Kdrives. You don't make something more appealing by making everything else less fun.

That's the logic bungie uses. Find fun and hit it with nerf hammer and when u complain fix something else not related? 

They need to make the changes a setting. I can't stand that they reverted the improvements. I never want the ground the above me and I want A and D to have useful functions. This rotational nonsense removes all function from them. 

All I want is the option to lock the ground to be below me at all times and to be able to strafe left and right while moving instead of rolling.

5 hours ago, TSP1414 said:

They need to make the changes a setting. I can't stand that they reverted the improvements. I never want the ground the above me and I want A and D to have useful functions. This rotational nonsense removes all function from them. 

All I want is the option to lock the ground to be below me at all times and to be able to strafe left and right while moving instead of rolling.

Yes this, I never want to do any rolls anyway and the non-directional controls allowed me to adjust my flight by strafing. I get the changes were a nerf to the speed but come on, can we have a toggle now since DE already demonstrated that they can indeed put non-directional AW controls in the open world

6 hours ago, TSP1414 said:

I second this. Experimental flight archwing gives me pretty bad motion sickness. Back when it first came out and there was no toggle in space archwing missions, I had to completely avoid touching archwing because of how nauseous I was getting within minutes of playing. Having the toggle in the settings actually apply to Skywing would instantly solve this problem, and people who want to do barrel rolls (you people are lucky you can enjoy that instead of wanting to vomit) can have their fun too.