Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

M.O.V.G.A. (Make Orb Vallis Great Again)

disco_inferno6

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.0.4

Orb Vallis Enemy Changes:
Orb Vallis mission and Vox Solaris quest data showed that certain Terra enemy types were not on par with other Corpus enemies, causing an unintentional difficulty spike, especially noticed with lower level players. The following Terra enemies have received damage reductions to improve the balance between Orb Vallis enemies:

• Lowered Terra Plasmor Crewman base damage from 30 to 25.
  • Lowered Terra Raptor SX base damage from 30 to 25 and base area damage from 75 to 40.
  • Lowered Terra Embattor MOA bounce mine damage from 150 to 75.
  • Lowered Terra Sniper Crewman base damage from 60 to 45.
  • Lowered Terra Overtaker base damage from 120 to 60 and area damage from 50 to 25.
  • Lowered Terra Jailer area damage from 50 to 20.

Orb Vallis gameplay (particularly in top the tier bounty) was actually engaging before that hotfix. The game felt alive. Not too hard, not too easy. Just the right amount.

By reducing the damage of those enemies, the difference is noticed immediately.

Yes, I understand that new players need to be able to participate but the reason we all loved Warframe and stuck to it for all those years

is precisely because of that spike in difficulty. It's precisely the reason why we all tried to improve and learn more about the game and its mechanics.

To be able to survive in conditions that we thought were impossible.

Please review the dmg numbers or at least, review the enemy levels in Bounty 4 and especially 5. it was actually very well balanced.

Now it's too easy.

With respect

Edited by disco_inferno6

5 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

but the reason we all loved Warframe and sticked to it for all those years

is precisely because of that spike in difficulty.

Haha.

Anyway. It's the second planet in the system. 

As a compromise. After completing fortuna rep, you should be able to unlock arbitration bounties. 1 life, high level roams.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb disco_inferno6:

Yes, I understand that new players need to be able to participate but the reason we all loved Warframe and sticked to it for all those years

is precisely because of that spike in difficulty.

I am not sure how you can speak for most of us and say that because that's just not the case.

3 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Haha.

Anyway. It's the second planet in the system. 

As a compromise. After completing fortuna rep, you should be able to unlock arbitration bounties. 1 life, high level roams.

I personally don't "dig" arbitrations at all. I find the gameplay too "flat" for my liking.

Edited by disco_inferno6

Not sure how much of difference These changes Made (will try put later) but Fixing spawns instead of damage nerfs would be something i want. It cant be that sometimes i have to Search the whole structure to find a few enemies when the Corpus are at highest alert in said structure

6 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I am not sure how you can speak for most of us and say that because that's just not the case.

I'm not speaking on your behalf. I'm referencing the rationale behind DE's decision (which they mentioned in the hotfix notes - see initial post above)

So, do you prefer Orb Vallis before Hotfix 24.0.4 (before dmg reduction of some enemies) or after it ?

Edited by disco_inferno6

vor 3 Minuten schrieb disco_inferno6:

I'm not speaking on your behalf. I'm simply referencing the rationale behind DE's decision (which they mentioned in the hotfix notes - see initial post above)

So, do you prefer Orb Vallis before Hotfix 24.0.4 (before dmg reduction of some enemies) or after it ?

You literally said

vor 18 Minuten schrieb disco_inferno6:

the reason we all loved Warframe and stuck to it for all those years

is precisely because of that spike in difficulty

You clearly tried to speak on my behalf, for all of us.

For your the second part: I didn't get around to do bounties after the hotfix but i am very much for bringing enemy damage in line with the level they are at. For the same reason I am against the Bolkor dropships doing as much damage as they do, because it's not in line with their level. 

You want enemies that do more damage? Let the Beacons stand and the enemy level will scale quite quickly.

I prefer post 24.0.4 actually.  

Before 90% of the difficulty was in one mob, the Terra Overtaker which sniped from 80m+, chained CC, and did massive damage far surpassing every other Terra unit while doing the same things.

Now its more balanced in that difficulty doesn't revolve around that one guy anymore.

I do think they should've given the other Terra units more of a chance before nerfing them as well, but they are still largely unchanged.

26 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

Yes, I understand that new players need to be able to participate but the reason we all loved Warframe and stuck to it for all those years

It had nothing to do with new players. The damage output of basic enemies was bonkers.

28 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

To be able to survive in conditions that we thought were impossible.

Then use the threat system for that purpose. No reason for regular enemies to shred most any frame that wasn't tanky.

Corpus enemies at X level are supposed to do Y damage. They weren't doing that and any one, vet or new player, who went into an area with X level Corpus enemies was expecting that level of enemy.

Just now, disco_inferno6 said:

Alright. If you consider yourself an avid player, then I correct the phrase.

All except some including Drachnyn.

You're confusing 'what the players' want with 'what I want the players to want, because that's what I want'. If you want to be afraid of every shadow, go play an arbitration.

8 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

You're confusing 'what the players' want with 'what I want the players to want, because that's what I want'. If you want to be afraid of every shadow, go play an arbitration.

I infer old players.

That is what I meant by saying we "stuck" to it.

I'm just saying what I say from the perspective of an old player who knows his way well around the game.

So don't consider my post a personal attack because it's not.

I'm simply stating my observations from my point of view. That is all.

Edited by disco_inferno6

7 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

It had nothing to do with new players. The damage output of basic enemies was bonkers.

It had everything to do with new players.

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.0.4

Orb Vallis Enemy Changes:
Orb Vallis mission and Vox Solaris quest data showed that certain Terra enemy types were not on par with other Corpus enemies, causing an unintentional difficulty spike, especially noticed with lower level players. The following Terra enemies have received damage reductions to improve the balance between Orb Vallis enemies:

Don't get me wrong. I like new players and old players alike. And the game is a business that must make profit (and grofit).

But it ain't challenging enough from the perspective of old players for the most part.

2 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

I infer old players.

I'm just saying what I say from the perspective of an old player who knows his way well around the game.

I'm simply stating my observations from my point of view.

Why do you assume that I'm a new player because I appreciate the ability to take a few hits from a level 20 enemy? I have been around since before bullet jumping was a thing, and I expect consistent difficulty at a certain level, as the rest of the game delivers. That's why the idea of 'level' exists.

Also, I don't see it as a personal attack. I'd just like to point out that it is, in fact, your point of view, as you yourself stated. Not the playerbase's, certainly not mine.

6 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

I infer old players.

I'm simply stating my observations from my point of view.

I'm an old player and you don't speak for me either, I just waited until Beacons stacked... I don't want instant hard enemies from the get go! 

Having it build up feels more natural and honestly it's Venus... Base Enemies shouldn't be difficult to start with. 

Just Stack Beacons. 

Just now, disco_inferno6 said:

especially noticed with lower level players

Especially does not mean exclusively. New players would have been completely blindsided by the damage output. Those of us playing for a long time have several means to mitigate that damage but it was not pleasant to find out the levels of the Corpus meant almost nothing in OV.

2 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

But it ain't challenging enough from the perspective of old players for the most part.

It isn't challenging enough for you. Stop trying to speak for other people. Clearly there are both kinds of players in the thread who can speak for themselves. Inventing support for your opinion doesn't make your opinion have more weight.

Meh...just meh.

Man, for once the missions were somewhat engaging (at least if you wanted to get the bonus) because the enemies were at least a little stronger.

You had to actually play the missions and try not to fail.

Now we are just back to "do whatever you want, go mining, fishing, k driving, whatever you like, as long as there is one dude killing a few enemies here and there you will be fine and even get the bonus". I mean seriously...Even when i played with publics before this hotfixes that had a low MR, we didnt really fail a bounty stage completly, maybe we lost the bonus here and there a few times, but that should be the case with a bonus, or not?

I was in slight hope when arbitrations were released that DE raises the difficulty at least a little bit (still most players can do it), and when i started to play Fortuna i was pleasantly surprised that its not as easy and boring as the Plains.......now we are just back to normal i guess..

Edit1: If the dmg for that lvl was too high, ok, then raise the lvl a little bit.

Edit2: And what is the problem with dying a few times? We have 4-6 revives and the ability to revive each other.

Edit3: And lastly, at least i didnt see ANY topic in this forum about the enemies being too strong and dealing too much dmg and that people fail bountys all the time. The only complaints i have seen have been about the Standing Cap and about this one enemy who can push you around alot. Just nerf this one enemy then instead of reducing the dmg of most enemies..

Edited by DreisterDino

18 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

snip

19 minutes ago, Hannah-Eliz said:

snip

20 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

snip

My dudes, no offence to your ability as players

but this game has a dedicated fanbase

more dedicated than you (or perhaps even me).

I'm not saying that your opinion doesn't matter. Quite the contrary.

But I think you got caught in that phrase and miss the point of what it is that I'm describing in the initial post.

Those players that I'm talking about (and believe me, there are a lot of them) want a challenge. And it is the challenge that makes us better.

I'm not saying that all dedicated players want what I want

and I'm not saying that DE should listen to me.

This game in not my personal playground. It is a business first and foremost. That I do respect

But what I do say is that Orb Vallis feels too easy now. And where there's lack of challenge, there's lack of progress.

Edited by disco_inferno6

6 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

My dudes, no offence to your ability as players

but this game has a dedicated fanbase

more dedicated than you (or perhaps even me).

I'm not saying that your opinion doesn't matter. Quite the contrary.

But I think you got caught in that phrase and miss the point of what it is that I'm describing in the initial post.

Those players that I'm talking about (and believe me, there are a lot of them) want a challenge. And it is the challenge that makes us better.

I'm not saying that all dedicated players want what I want

and I'm not saying that DE should listen to me.

This game in not my personal playground. It is a business first and foremost. That I do respect

But what I do say is that Orb Vallis feels too easy now. And where there's lack of challenge, there's lack of progress.

If you're going to just ignore everyone else I see no need to further engage in argument if you're that so far up your own arse. 

Stack Beacons and fight higher levels, you want challenge then work for it if not then stop bloody moaning. 

Just now, Hannah-Eliz said:

If you're going to just ignore everyone else I see no need to further engage in argument if you're that so far up your own arse. 

Stack Beacons and fight higher levels, you want challenge then work for it if not then stop bloody moaning. 

Great post. Very eloquent.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Hannah-Eliz:

Seriously... he is not ignoring you. He is posting his opinion! What do you expect? That he changes is opinion now?

OP Maybe wasnt completly clear that this is opinion in his first post, but from then on and especially in his last post you are refering to he made it more then clear that this is his opinion and that he also accepts your opinion and that he knows that the game doesnt revolve around his personal likings. I know why i stopped making serious topics in General Discussion some time ago...

Edited by DreisterDino

4 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

OV was not advertised as a challenge. The enemies in OV were presented as being a given level. The enemies did not have a damage and CC output that was anywhere close to what their level implied. This was fixed by DE.

Luckily for you, they included a way to up the ante and increase the danger by having a threat level system. This is where the challenge was advertised as being.

20 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Man, for once the missions were somewhat engaging (at least if you wanted to get the bonus) because the enemies were at least a little stronger.

They were not "a little" stronger. They were completely out of line given their level.