Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there an affinity bug or....

Stormwind81

Question

am I not getting affinity once again.
I read the wiki page like 10 times already in my waframe-carrier but somehow it always gets me confused 😉

So my situation is I did like 5 Akkard missions with this setup:
Maxed out Warframe (Saryn)
Level 5 Lanka
Maxed out Sonicor
Level 4 Kreska
Maxed out Helios Prime and Maxed out Vulklok

So far I tried to kill enemies with my secondary so the affinity wouldnt go 100% to the warframe but no matter how many I killed my Lanka and my Kreska stayed at ZERO affinity progress when looking at the mission summary. 
After a while I was confused and started to use my Saryn Powers to kill the enemies and what did I find? My Lanka and Kreska did get some small amount of xp, sorry I mean affinity 😉
Probably because other players where killing those infested enemies and they shared their xp with me.

But my overwall confusion is still there.

Shouldn't my melee weapon and my primary get a small percentage of affinity when I kill with my secondary ak pistol???

4 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, Stormwind81 said:

So far I tried to kill enemies with my secondary so the affinity wouldnt go 100% to the warframe

50% goes to the weapon of choice killing ( Sonicor) and 50% goes towards your frame.

You have to either actively use the weapons you want to level, do tasks like the mission specific ones (use 1st ability 5 times, etc) or spy vaults or leech off of others.

In the last case 75% of the Affinity is shared between ALL your equipped weapons. 25% in your case. Unequip the sonicor and the other 2 would get 37,5% each. Frame always gets 25% in this scenario regardless

vor 3 Minuten schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

50% goes to the weapon of choice killing ( Sonicor) and 50% goes towards your frame.

You have to either actively use the weapons you want to level, do tasks like the mission specific ones (use 1st ability 5 times, etc) or spy vaults or leech off of others.

In the last case 75% of the Affinity is shared between ALL your equipped weapons. 25% in your case. Unequip the sonicor and the other 2 would get 37,5% each. Frame always gets 25% in this scenario regardless

So in my case when I started using Saryn abilities it was only the leech of other players?
And so to speak it doesnt matter if I hit the enemies the affinity gained from other players will be shared with me anyway?

17 minutes ago, Stormwind81 said:

So in my case when I started using Saryn abilities it was only the leech of other players?

yes. If you killing enemies with your frames ability 100% goes towards the frame.

18 minutes ago, Stormwind81 said:

And so to speak it doesnt matter if I hit the enemies the affinity gained from other players will be shared with me anyway?

you only gain affinity from killing not hitting. and you can see the shared affinity by the symbol in your upper right (3 dots connected into a traingle) the number below will indictae how many other people are next to you (50 meter range, can be increased by Vazarin or Unairu...not sure which one it was)

vor 56 Minuten schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

yes. If you killing enemies with your frames ability 100% goes towards the frame.

you only gain affinity from killing not hitting. and you can see the shared affinity by the symbol in your upper right (3 dots connected into a traingle) the number below will indictae how many other people are next to you (50 meter range, can be increased by Vazarin or Unairu...not sure which one it was)

I totally forgot about that indicator! Thanks
And I'll guess I have to reduce my damage so I dont kill so much enemies!