Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaring Glitch For Ember, Needs Immediate Attention.

SoulEchelon

I was playing Xini solo just to see how long I can go using the now updated Ember. Everything was going swimmingly other than the occasional "lack of energy". Eh, happens.

I got to wave 9 with no problems; not even any actual hp damage incurred until this one very odd moment.

I did fire blast and was happily watching the infested turn into cinders when suddenly...I died. Out of nowhere. I figured it was the infested finally striking back, and revived.

But then, my sentinel suddenly exploded for no reason. And after that, my shields got depleted, then a few moments later, half my hp. Then bam, dead again.

Revived, tried to get out of the area I was in, thinking maybe something glitched and I'm getting hit by my own fire. Still died.

Revived yet again and quickly ran away from the pod. I used no attacks, no abilities...and I still just randomly died. I would akin it to being stuck beside a poison infested.

I think what happened, was that my Ember's DoT for some reason started hurting her, and stayed on her indefinitely, even after being revived.

Definitely needs fixing.

Also, I only had Redirection on when it comes to defensive mods. My shields and hp were 551/300. I blatantly did this to see how viable Ember's new changes are (and other than this crazy glitch, it seems she's very viable still. People forget that fire stuns infested for a very long period of time...and her damage buffs kill them in no time.)

Oh man, is THAT what happened to me? I figured it was me getting KO'd by a crawler's poison that'd creeped in after Fire Blast had faded, maybe my HP had been lower than I'd expected...but that actually makes more sense, since it happened twice in a row. Wild. I'd been doing decent enough till then.

Might want to make this bug known universally, send a bug report (if you can here, not sure how that works for Warframe actually), and bump this up. That sounds like it can be devastating for gameplay. O.o

A mod should probably just move this to General Bugs, but then again, they'd also have to see this thread in order to do so. :)

This is one of those moments where I'd love to know how this bug got introduced. Had it happen to me on Xini earlier, hit wave 10 the host left, migrated hosts and boom dead teammate. I assumed he had died because it lags so bad during host migration and the infested got him, but we kept dying randomly to fire. Never occured to me until afterwards that my ember was doing it with one of her skills.

PS I know coding is hard especially on this scale, I won't say they need to try harder. I just always wonder how some bugs make it in is all. 

So not only did the change happen without the support of the players and without testing the water for if we wanted the fix, they didn't bug test it either. grandiose! bravi bravi bravi! clap clap clap. Anyone know of any other robot ninja games?

Edited by Sahfiel

Ooh yeah, time to teamkill them for whining and getting my Ember ruined /nerfed. I will teamkill every chance I get. Oh wait, won't be playing. If I was playing, I'd totes be teamkilling right now!

Don't fix this please. I will be asking people in party if they supported the Ember changes and if they did I will find a way to kill them using this. Woot Revenge and a reason to log back on the game. To cause suffering.

Edited by Sahfiel

Ooh yeah, time to teamkill them for whining and getting my Ember ruined /nerfed. I will teamkill every chance I get. Oh wait, won't be playing. If I was playing, I'd totes be teamkilling right now!

Don't fix this please. I will be asking people in party if they supported the Ember changes and if they did I will find a way to kill them using this. Woot Revenge and a reason to log back on the game. To cause suffering.

Who whined about ember to get it nerfed, you guys didn't even know you were getting nerf lol.  Yeah 91% damage reduction makes alot of sense.  I'm glad it got nerfed, there was no reason for a magetank.

Bumping, now that it's Monday. Come on DE, fix this.

Checked my support ticket. It's been closed and I've been told they will be looking into it immediately. This was yesterday, so hopefully today we'll indeed get the fix.

Edited by SoulEchelon

really, you think they did this on purpouse? some of you are just incredible

Nah, but some people are already throwing words like "Incompetence" and "Ineptitude" into the mix.

I think it's mostly because thier using us as a QA department as well as beta testers.