Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Twitch Drops Rework

Xgomme

Hi kiddos :clem:

I guess we had the same experience with Twitch Drops being really CREDIT BASED... And I thought of a possible cool solution. (And why not a fulltime implementation of the program, with new rewards added with new updates)

If Twitch Drops are made to bring more new players and make them stay on both WF and Twitch, they could make something like this :

"Twitch Token"

The actual reworked Twitch Drop, you earn one every hour when you watch a stream, and you can trade those to the Twitch NPC against the things you want.

"Twitch NPC"

A new purple robotic NPC on Fortuna, named Twitch, with a shop with all the Twitch Drops rewards

- Khora parts

- Nidus parts

- Twitch Exclusive Skins

- Glyph Displays/Displays/Noggles

- Relic Pack

- Rare ressources (Nitain, Cells, Telurium, Wisps...)

- Credits

- Fireworks

Edited by Xgomme

I think this brings a whole new meaning to Play to Win :D

I would love this to happen strictly for twitch exclusive skins, it would be a cool way to show you support the streamers in game. Everything else is farmable/purchasable and I think that would take away from that intended experience of the game. As a promotion it was nice, but to have a permanent vendor where players can buy rare resources for just leaving their phone/tab running twitch passively wouldn't be a great add.

This is entirely too much work to do for a minor incentive to bump Twitch numbers. Twitch is big, but not important enough to warrant all of that. Plus, this eliminates people from "needing" to watch it once they've gotten what they want. Further, this would just lead to stockpiling that would let people immediately get whatever new thing was added in the future without needing to watch more Twitch gameplay.

Token systems are not the panacea people think they are and have major downsides that are generally glossed over.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

This is entirely too much work to do for a minor incentive to bump Twitch numbers. Twitch is big, but not important enough to warrant all of that. Plus, this eliminates people from "needing" to watch it once they've gotten what they want. Further, this would just lead to stockpiling that would let people immediately get whatever new thing was added in the future without needing to watch more Twitch gameplay.

Token systems are not the panacea people think they are and have major downsides that are generally glossed over.

But that is a lot more fair than the current system is, you are watching lives for 100H, helping to spread, and you gain nothing besides fireworks, Glyph and Credito, the guy watches 10h and earns 4 Khoras, think that fair ?? Putting RNG into a reward system is very wrong,

But I would change this system a bit

At each 1H the player gains 1 Token Within Twitch, and the player accumulates, (To avoid Twitch drop problem overloading the servers)

When the event is over, the player will have a code to put in the Warframe to receive these Tokens, and these Tokens will last the same as the time of the store X Time (3 Days, 1 week) (After the Twitch event ends)

The player will be able to buy the rewards of that event, that is, 1 Khora with space and potato, Nidus, and Rivens, each with its Token price,

When the time for the event is over, these Chips will turn into Credits for the account

Only 1 account can receive these Codes, and has a Waiting Time of 2 Weeks to receive another code (to prevent staff from using multiple Twitch accounts and placing all Tokens in 1 Warframe Account)

It will not have a limit of tokens, but the rewards would have a limit, In the example of Khora and Nidus, staff could only buy 2 of each, It would not be cheap, but it would not be expensive, so staff who can not stay long in Stream would be able to at least choose 1 of the big prizes

Edited by walter100

1 hour ago, walter100 said:

1 Khora with space and potato, Nidus, and Rivens, each with its Token price,

It is worth it to DE to potentially give some players the equivalent of buying Nidus and/or Khora in the Market. It is not worth it to allow every player to buy Plat items with tokens.

You are boosting their presence on Twitch. You aren't handing them money.

11 hours ago, peterc3 said:

It is worth it to DE to potentially give some players the equivalent of buying Nidus and/or Khora in the Market. It is not worth it to allow every player to buy Plat items with tokens.

You are boosting their presence on Twitch. You aren't handing them money.

It's also wrong to put RNG in an out-of-game system, there are a lot of people who spend 10h and win, 4 Khoras, I'm almost 100h and I did not even see Riven, the Token system is much fairer, not to mention if you did not watch, or watched a few hours, you're not going to buy it, it's not like everyone is going to receive the Items.

But you say that it is wrong because the DE will lose money, but why not give a better idea ??