General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Black screen on hunts

RunLiekTheWind

I tranquillised two pobbers right next to each other (which could be a bug in itself) and pressed x twice to capture them both at the same time.

The screen went black except for the interface that appears when capturing a creature, and i pressed exit. It then went completely black and i couldn't do anything; attack, move, melee, even pause.

I alt+f4-ed the game, but when I pressed alt a white flash appeared at the centre of the screen. (I didn't react in time to not close the window)

Slightly related minor visual glitch but exiting the k-drive with any gear wheel item with a custom HUD equipped will cause the default weapon HUD show up until aiming (which reveals that the tranquilliser has limited ammo, 540 to be exact)

A0D1BA5C7957DA239AA4F7496EEF3A4D12B536EFMy buddy was on a Hunt for pobbers in the orb vallis, and I joined mid-hunt. After successfully catching all three pobbers, the catch screen was about to show up when the screen went all black. only the word 'description' at the bottom right was visible. nothing worked except chat, which I could pull up with the T hotkey and type. Since it was a 2-man hunt, my buddy went to extraction but it didn't change. It just showed the various gamer tags and nothing but black.

I joined my friends and we started hunting same animal but in different places. We finished voice call stage like at the same time, and both of the animals spawned near me. I tried to hunt them (used ivara sleep arrow) but after calling a drone I got a black screen. I heard sounds of ivara stealing resources from enemies however there was no any (sound) reaction to movement, operator switch 5, etc.

Holy what a bad bug. I just had this. It turns your screen black forever - doesn't matter if you die or even get extracted, you have to exit the game to get your visuals back. Not even touching this mode again.

The party mentioned that if someone comes into contact with the animal without being either host or the one that fired the tranq, it happens

Edited by Periselene

A friend and I were hunting in Orb Vallis, apparently if the Host uses Ivara and sleeps the animal and then claims it it turns the other players screen black.

/unstuck doesnt do it ,so far the only fix i found is restarting the game.

Was easy to recreate too.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:Client --> other players

Edited by ToxicDoom