Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Well Would This Computer Handle Warframe?

-QUILL_PETER-

Question

6 answers to this question

Seems really solid. My PC is inferior in every way and still runs Warframe(albeit badly) at open world titles. I have a 3rd gen i5 and integrated graphics 4000 with 4gb ram.

This toaster runs non-open world missions at 45 -60 fps on min settings w/ shadows enabled.

You should be able to run Warframe really well especially with a 1060. Possibly high settings at 60 fps but can't confirm as I havent your PC.

Edit: Just double checked and your PC will definitely run Warframe at max settings at 1080p 60fps. Your load times will be fast especially with an SSD(which I didn't see at first). Still wouldn't quote me as I don't own one myself. 

If I may ask did you buy this online? If so which website? I'm considering buying myself rn as my dream rig was $1700 until I realized it was overkill.

Edited by RunicZeus

Can't tell you if it's worth it or not because that requires research and depends on a bunch of personal preferences. But it should be able to run it pretty well. I'm assuming frame drops might happen at max settings if there's a lot of stuff happening (lots of enemies, gunfire, particles, powers and so on). Even so I still recommend you do some research yourself or ask someone to help you with that in case you're not familiar with PC upgrades.

I also don't recommend you use Fortuna for benchmark to see how good/bad your PC is. Fortuna is new content and new content is never bug-free. I've seen people with seriously powerful hardware complaining about frame drops and I've experienced some mysterious stuttering and frame drops myself.

My computer's a little bit worse than yours (GTX 960 2GB, i5 6600k, 16GB RAM) and it runs the game at >60FPS on pretty high settings. The only settings I don't have maxed are:
- Shadows (Medium, rather than High)
- Particles (High, rather than Ludicrous)
- Anisotropic Filtering (4x, rather than 16x-- only due to a bug in Orb Vallis. Shouldn't affect performance otherwise)
- Motion Blur (Disabled, for preference reasons)

The only reason I have these toned down is that extremely hectic firefights (e.g. ESO in a full squad, esp. while hosting) can dip to 40FPS. Turning Shadows to Medium and Particles to High (and, in venus, AF to 4x) ensures that I virtually never fall below 60FPS.

I'm not a fan of pre-build pc so it's a solid no. Why? they don't list the manufacturer brand of most of the parts (like EVGA or Corsair for example), including the PSU and motherboard (did they even list the motherboard type? These are crucial to determine to overall quality and price) and if you buy the parts manually (considering mid tier brands), it'll cost you at about ~$650-700. That leaves ~$150 for PSU, Fans, Motherboard, and casing (which they didn't list). Oh, I also didn't count the built-in Win 10. It's an unbelievably cheap price for those 4 components. Although it's possible it's a manufacturer price, and they manufacture some of parts themselves. 

Back on topic, it depends on your budget, is that the max you can afford? Add ~$300-400 more and you can go with 1080 (much better than 1060), and 16gb RAM, both of which probably won't need upgrading for a long time. But you probably have to build it yourself tho (it's always cheaper than to buy pre-build IMO).

If you're still buying that well, you should be able to run this game smoothly on 1080p. If you are aiming for higher res I suggest (again) upgrade the RAM to 16gb. Especially if you use browser while gaming a lot.

P.S. For your first sentence, my potato (a monster when I bought it tho) is 8 y/o. Still runs Fortuna at 30-60. And that's because my original graphic card broke and I had to replace it with pretty much a dummy; MSI GT 710 2gb. Just my 2 cents.