Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Revert Open-world Archwing Changes

RunicZeus

As per hotfix 24.0.4 "Sky Archwing sprinting now more closely resembles normal Archwing."

This change made it basically impossible to barrel roll and make rotations that can make you fly upside-down for example.

I'm not sure why this change was made but I'm sure that I'm not the only one who agrees when saying that normal Archwing is bad.

On top of this is the same wonky Archwing movement system that sparked an Archwing rework.

The Archwing pre-hotfix was fluid and felt like flying an aircraft.

I ask that you please revert this as normal Archwing is just bad and feelings choppy.

Thank you.

Just now, SupremeLeaderKyloRen said:

Archwing isn't an Aircraft though.

I didn't say it IS but rather it's like. But I get your point. But do you think that the old Archwing system that was implemented with the Hotfix is better? Or is this just a technical issue to correct me on my comparison?

Fully agree on this - this change has sucked all the fun out of flying archwing in the open spaces. Honestly - if this needs to be streamlined I would rather go for pre-patch open space model in standard archwing missions, not the other way around.

Please revert these sky archwing changes.  I honestly can't believe you did this.  Being able to fly upside down and do loops and barrel rolls was one of the most fun aspects of free roam missions for me.  Quite frankly, I am devastated by this change.  It was so much fun before.  Felt like flying a fighter jet.  Now it's total meh.  This is hands down the worst decision you've ever made, DE.  But you've always been great about listening to your players, and you've proven yourselves many times by doing the right thing.  I trust you to make the right decision again.  Please fix this.

5 hours ago, Temragon said:

Would prefer that the current mode stay as an option, albeit with potential speed loss looked into.

This is how Archwing was originally, and I prefer it, though I can totally see how people like how it was previously.

Honestly, I get what you're saying and agree 100%. If they could make experiment flight togglable then they can do the same for open world.

Upvoting this cause this seems like the best way to handle this.

I must say I like the control scheme for Archwing after Update 24.0.4 the only thing that bugs me is the reduced Maximum Sprint Speed. 

With the new Controls you can bring the Archwing to a full stop rather quickly compared to prior to 24.0.4. And that is a very welcome change for me.

The Forced use of the wonky controls with the rotation/barrelroll was really annoying.