Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.0.6

[DE]Megan

I have an honest question, I was wondering if DE was aware of the fact that the overall "IQ" of WF players as a whole is beginning to take a serious dip because of how much handholding players are getting on a regular basis now, Or like how 90% of the players use the Arca plasmor to instagib enemies, then complain about the game being "too easy" but then when the game gets too hard, they start complaining because it requires too much effort.

Or how whenever going into a public lobby and doing bounties on Fortuna that you would have to get VERY lucky not to get paired up with a squad that ends up killing the Ambush target before it reaches the trap because they are incapable of reading basic English or doing objectives that don't revolve around mindlessly killing enemies until they stop spawning.

Please DE; PLEASE don't react to this by further catering to those people incapable of doing missions like that by just removing the mission; because that will only make it easier for people to play the game without "trying" or even actually even playing the game for that matter. the easier you make it for people to get by in the game with minimal effort and/or reading, ect. The more that they W I L L. Eventually WF will be easy enough for three 8 year old kids to be able to faceroll on a keyboard to get through "bosses" if you do, and that is an inescapable fact; but the only way to avoid that is to actually stop making things easier, obviously there is a limit to how "difficult" something can be, but there are so many MR15+ players that dont even slide/bullet jump, but then complain that they keep dying and then blame their equipment that it is nauseating.

This isn't as much of a complaint as it is more like a... "Do you not notice this happening?" Kind of message because this really seems to be a situation that has just been caused by making it too easy for people to grind their mastery ranks, then just cheese though most tests with something that just bends the rules of the test itself (While it may make sense for it to be easier for people that are more prepared, it also completely deflates what it means to be MR 20+ because there are so many people there that barely even understand the basic mechanics of the game because all they ever did was have someone carry them through 10 waves of hydron 2000+ times while they just semi-afked and/or just ran around blindly shooting everything with a gun that just 1 hits everything without allowing themselves to experience what a "challenge" is. But then when you have Streamers  (which normally are very nice, kind-hearted people) telling people what the "Fastest, quickest way" is to do something, or literally walk them through how to do something in the most "Time efficient way" then you have mindless sheep running around that have it set in their minds that they never want to do anything other than what their favorite streamer said because "There's no point" without ever actually getting the experience/knowledge along the way that most streamers would have which ends up making the average players way more reliant on being spoonfed information (Which yeah, it makes sense to want to make the game "more accessible to casual players that want to spend all of their money on plat to cut as many corners as humanly possible) But doing that in turn just ends up creating more players that become more self-entitled because they spent their money for it and feel that they should be able to get any/everything else that anybody else has. creating situations like when someone puts themselves over everybody else in the squad because they have just had their ego fed at every step of the way, instead of learning how to cooperate, or actually play (WITH a squad of teammates), instead of just playing the game, while other people are playing the game at the same time around them. 

Yeah I feel like I may have gone a bit in-depth into it. I already know that it will be too much for some people, and it it just blow over their heads. And there may even be some people that might decide to get offended. But everything I said in this message is completely true, no matter how sad the truth may be. I could've kept going for quite a while with specific situations where it makes things quite apparent how this kind of spoon feeding will actually gradually drain WF of all of its "fun" but I really didnt want to go so much into it my first time writing a message like this, because I have no idea how well-received it will be, (Or even how many people will be able to read past the first couple seconds before they get bored of reading or decide it "makes no sense to them") So there is that. But yeah, I have been a player of WF for quite a while, and I do love the game, and the company, Butt its just the playerbase of public lobbies that got me to take the breaks I did. This game is the most fun when you join a random lobby and see someone using something that you have never seen or expected a specific weapon/warframe to do, but when you see everybody using the exact same like 3 weapons, what is even the point of having so many? Isn't the reason behind "balancing" in a game to prevent everybody from using the exact same thing?

-Love Bunny ❤️

Please for the love of god. Either add in commands for pets to tell them to stay somewhere, or make them stop following the spoilermode.
It is just the absolute worst if they run along you uncovered in spy missions and trigger EVERY TIME the damn alarm. Would not be that bad if they could be told to stay somewhere, since they do not get invisibility along with you going invisible. Or as said. At the very least make them stop running alongside the spoilermode so you can at least tackle the Spy bounties quickly there.

I'm appreciating some of the recent changes, though there's a lot left to be reworked.

1) Brightness seems to not work.  I've gone into a place during the "Break into a Secure Location" quest, and everything is pitch black.  Pop into the menu, slide brightness up, and everything is finally easy to see.  Pop back into that menu after saving, slide back down to 50, and no issues.  It's been an issue since you started preparing for Fortuna, and it's getting a bit difficult to deal with (especially when you can't pause the game, because you're on a solo server instance...).

2) Enemy types are just frustrating.  Specifically, a sniper can peg you from across the map before they meet draw distance.  A random Corpus can literally spawn in from nowhere and screw up a do not get detected mission.  Finally, the corpus stun enemies are fine when playing around, but during the capture container missions they can literally fall in from above you and send you across the map.  It's interesting, but not fun when you literally cannot shoot them before getting launched with zero ability to counter.

3) The fishing is both more and less frustrating.  It's less frustrating in that the spear names are actually useful, but less in that warm periods often barely last long enough to fish for what you want.  If we could get a 20 minute constant I'd be happy to say this is a 100% upgrade, but having less than 10 minutes before having to wait for cold, freeze, and cold is...frustrating.  

4) Nerfing archwing doesn't make the K-drive viable.  Heck, a Zephyr is 100% better than either when modded for duration.  IF you want use to choose between the K-drive and and Archwing give the K-drive an insane speed to make up for the lack of moving in a straight line.  As it stands, vent kid standing is all I'm grinding for because I'm betting a later update will temporarily make them broken fun.  The sudden inclusion of Jet Set Radio style equipment is...less than ideal.  I understand it's fashion frame, and thus a pay day.  Unfortunately, there's no reason right now to fork anything over when this feels like a feature that'll see abandonment and mothballing like archwing.  I'd love to be proven wrong about this.

Overall, I'm going from good to tepid on the assessment.  The fixes aren't exactly keeping up with their discovery (by me at least), and the new content's grind wall is...thoroughly not great when something like the Kreska requires 20 rare fish that only spawn once an hour for not long enough to make them a reasonable grind.  I know that you want content to last, but the artificial grinds here are getting pretty silly.  

Hello, I would like to report another bug. A day after using the K-Drive acquired from the Vox Solaris quest it went missing. I made a support ticket for this 4 days ago from now. I don't know exactly what caused it, however, I know it can't just be affecting me. Please help me and any other players out with this issue. Thank you for your time, have a nice day.

since the release of fortuna my cypher don't work at all. It's a very annoying bug since I have (equipped) 100+ crafted, I was hoping this would be fixed but it still persist, please do something... I tried drop everything from my tools wheel and put the items back and didn't work

Why does the archwing boost control no longer move me unless I'm holding forward? I have become so accustomed to using just the booster buttons to get around comfortably, I don't want to have to hold my analog stick up while flying, it can make my movement squirrely where it used to be fluid. Why did you do this?

Holding the boost buttons should not make me float stuidly on the spot like this. I really, really hope this is just a bug.

13 hours ago, Deminisis said:

Please add sentinel weapon rivens back to riven table. Prices are obscenely high in trading, and they have more use than you think if you build them right.

They've stated in the workshop that they're exploring ways to make them obtainable again outside of the Sortie riven pool. 

Because of your mindless rush with updates, DE, farming (especially primes) gradually became hell - connection loss, inability to join party, client crush, launcher crush, migrations.
Not to mention I almost constantly met 1-2 bugs even in the first mission everyday.
THANK YOU

15 hours ago, Gregnoth said:

@[DE]Megan: Hi Megan, pardon the direct shoutout, but I'm willing to do anything to get this some traction: Some people hate recent arching changes as per 24.0.4 as seen in the below examples:

There were also some posts in hotfix 24.0.4 and 24.0.5 replies backing this up.

Could we have this reverted, or perhaps changed into a toggable option? I, for one, loved PoE archwing as it felt fluid and just overally good - doing loops and barrel rolls fit right into the game. The recent hotfix of this kinda sucked out all the joy out of flying archwing and makes it feel rigid and outdated.

I'm sure quite a few people feel the same way.

What really changes is that the archwing experimental flight option is disabled permanently in both POE , Fortuna and all other archwing missions even if you see it checked on ! 🙁

Maybe this is just me , but as an Old player i have all(almost) the prime stuff , But im interested in both the Prime Accessory packs ..  but buying both of them seems rather expensive n wasteful , with just a little more money , i can get the twin prime packs.. but i have almost no use for the warframe n weapons... Is it possible to make a TWIN ACCESSORY packs purchasable for lower price? If not , i might just buy the twin packs and throw away the warframes n weapons .. which is kinda... u know..... sux

Archived