Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

my 3rd Warframe

(XBOX)TheMindBolt

Question

hi there guys, im asking you guys which warframe will suit as my 3rd option, I currently own Frost for endless missions and  Ash for stealth/Assasination like missions , so what you guys think i should get as a third option or should I stick with my excalibur.

I was thinking in Oberon, Nidus or Chroma but im not so sure, i want a warframe that can do what the other two (Frost and Ash) cant, so please help me.

thx in advance

12 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, (XB1)TheMindBolt said:

ok, thats a good point, if Frost is not a good Support in endless missions but a tank of some sorts, what is something that it can fill the flaws Frost has while also covering the flaws that Ash might have...

The Warframe of DEvelopment probably.

Like the achievement, "Each warframe has its own purpose". Although the best all rounder for me for attacking/defending is Trinity/Nidus/Revenant/Saryn//////////Octavia. Trinity if you have a good weapon she's close to unkillable, and basically Energy Supplier; Nidus with 20+ Stacks is OP, nuff said; Revenant, his 3 healing, his 4 is gore generator; Saryn w/ Molt augment is a self-sustaining nuke. For team play I prefer Trin tho.

If all else fails, you can't go wrong with Octavia. Her support skill can net the whole party invis and +damage, her ball is basically a very small but moving frost globe that attracts enemies, which you can put a sort of danse macabre on top, while listening to We all lift together (hopefully).

7 minutes ago, Zyneris said:

What are you looking to do with this '3rd option'? What is your goal with the frame?

im looking for a frame that cant do what my Frost and Ash cant do, Frost for me is a CC and defender while I consider Ash the Ideal frame for Assassinations, Captures and Stealth like missions, I want a frame that can do something these two cant while still being reliable in Solo and in Groups.

Edited by (XB1)TheMindBolt
adding other requisite

That's a very wide range of things. Support, Tank, Dps, Map Clear, etc.

I've VERY difficult to narrow anything down without some sort of structure to go one.

I guess for each one, here are my personal faves:

Support: Harrow (Trinity is overall the best support with her heals and energy replenish, but Harrow is support for increasing dps and giving some invincibility when need or there's Oberon for healing)

Tank: Revenant/Wukong/Gara

Dps: Octavia/Atlas(one punch)

Map Clear: Equinox (Saryn and Mesa bore me)

Other frames for various reasons:

Nyx (CC if you build for it or build for her 4 for forever invince)

Khora for farming (build for cage or whip or whatever you want really)

Mag (Can't forget where I started)

Vauban (Because I like him!)

Like I said, it's all about what you want to do. If you have a clearer picture, I can help you better 🙂 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)motionROTATION said:

Sounds like you’re looking for a caster frame perhaps. Excel is decent if you like spamming your exalted blade, but maybe something like Mag, Ember, Equinox or Mesa is up to your qualifications? Oberon and Trinity also fill nice niches and can be built for team support or damage. 

yeah something like that, as a fan of medieval rpg stuff i think i need something like a mage/caster, for me I can compare Frost to a Tank/Defender and Ash to a Warrior/Assassin, some frames can do stuff that Ash can do (like Excalibur so thats why i do not want him anymore)

6 minutes ago, Zyneris said:

That's a very wide range of things. Support, Tank, Dps, Map Clear, etc.

I've VERY difficult to narrow anything down without some sort of structure to go one.

I guess for each one, here are my personal faves:

Support: Harrow (Trinity is overall the best support with her heals and energy replenish, but Harrow is support for increasing dps and giving some invincibility when need or there's Oberon for healing)

Tank: Revenant/Wukong/Gara

Dps: Octavia/Atlas(one punch)

Map Clear: Equinox (Saryn and Mesa bore me)

Other frames for various reasons:

Nyx (CC if you build for it or build for her 4 for forever invince)

Khora for farming (build for cage or whip or whatever you want really)

Mag (Can't forget where I started)

Vauban (Because I like him!)

Like I said, it's all about what you want to do. If you have a clearer picture, I can help you better 🙂 

dont know man, as I said, i consider Frost a Tank, Support and Map Clearer, a frame that can help a team and be good also in a solo run; and Ash a DPS, Support who specializes in Solo but can also be Useful in Groups. i do not know what I need, maybe a Caster or smomething like that or a support, but i also want the frame to be useful in both situations.

4 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

depending on how "endless" those missions will be, that might be a bad choice

ok, thats a good point, if Frost is not a good Support in endless missions but a tank of some sorts, what is something that it can fill the flaws Frost has while also covering the flaws that Ash might have...

1 minute ago, (XB1)TheMindBolt said:

yeah something like that, as a fan of medieval rpg stuff i think i need something like a mage/caster, for me I can compare Frost to a Tank/Defender and Ash to a Warrior/Assassin, some frames can do stuff that Ash can do (like Excalibur so thats why i do not want him anymore)

dont know man, as I said, i consider Frost a Tank, Support and Map Clearer, a frame that can help a team and be good also in a solo run; and Ash a DPS, Support who specializes in Solo but can also be Useful in Groups. i do not know what I need, maybe a Caster or smomething like that or a support, but i also want the frame to be useful in both situations.

Every frame can be useful in all situations if you know how to play that frame well. I personally recommend trying each frame and see if you like them. That's what I've done and I have 0 regrets. I rotate between about 10 frames with my top 6 being the ones I play the most. 

I wish you the best in your journey!

11 minutes ago, (XB1)TheMindBolt said:

Supportive caster who's useful in both solo and a group? Volt might be a good fit for you. Trinity is a deceptively great solo frame as well.

There are numerous options, but if you want something versatile, you can always go for an all-rounder like Excal or Rhino. (Rhino can be built as a tank if you want, but he's more of a heavy all-rounder by default.)

Broberon is my go to frame when I want to be able to handle just about anything, the places where is weak (defending a physical objective, lack of stealth etc) are places you have covered with the other two frames.

He's easy to build for general support healing, great for arbitrations and sorties, survival, support on defense missions etc.

He's quite easy to get too, his parts literally drop randomly while doing other things, or you can farm his prime variant currently.

As for me - you can take Inaros, its rdytogo frame to any hard or strange missions except spy ofc. Unkillable beast, just need to be modded, prefrable guardian arcane but w/e and good weapon. Im running my inaros even with no primary weapon - just Staticor pistols (they are very strong) and strong melee weapon. Running without worrying about my health..thats so good,believe me.