Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K-Drive should allow to use weapon and abilities

BrazilianJoe

Given that Archwing already allows us to draw weapons and fight willy-nilly, allows us to get to anywhere in the map faster, and to instantly switch from barefoot to archwing, IMO it does not make sense to preclude the user from being able to perform other actions while on top of a K-drive.

Namely: shooting, casting powers and melee jousting with K-drive. 

If you really want to compensate for some of the added functionality, let's see what Archwing has: not many drawbacks. It can be targeted by missiles to be shot down. Otherwise there aren't relevant penalties, like e.g. accuracy reduction. NO!
Similar to the archwing, K-drive could be susceptible to be shot down and ensnared, either stopping the player or toppling him to the ground. That, frankly I think is enough. 

Make the Corpus landmines area of effect and infested goop slow the K-drive to a crawl. Make melee from the back knock the player down.

Side note: If Really Bad Weather comes by - I believe Venus was supposed to have it, but it could come to PoE as well - I think Archwing should be more susceptible to weather conditions.

100% agree and was about to make this post if couldn't find it.  K-Drive are fun but so is Warframe as a shooter.  I use archwing to get to the shooting bits faster.  

K-Drive need some massive speed boosts, at least allow more momentum buildup by removing top speed.  Allow acceleration to continue as long as thrusters firing.  Then if skilled, could outrun an archwing.  If not skilled, you smash face and wipe out.

The two 30% k-drive speed mods may help, but there is a huge grind to get em and I'm not there yet.

Archwings are fully equipped modded out, fast, and we can fire as well as use vehicle abilities.  

If we could melee from K-Drive and cast our warframe abilities, that would be fun and unique (since no melee on archwing).  Hell, at least allow us to fire pistol!

I'd love to perform a trick and land a headshot.  That's worthy of Warframe. 

I'm sorry but the glimmer is gonna wear off soon and K-Drive will be another word for mastery fodder.

Edited by Educated_Beast

2 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

100% agree and was about to make this post if couldn't find it.  K-Drive are fun but so is Warframe as a shooter.  I use archwing to get to the shooting bits faster.  

K-Drive need some massive speed boosts, at least allow more momentum buildup by removing top speed.  Allow acceleration to continue as long as thrusters firing.  Then if skilled, could outrun an archwing.  If not skilled, you smash face and wipe out.

The two 30% k-drive speed mods may help, but there is a huge grind to get em and I'm not there yet.

Archwings are fully equipped modded out, fast, and we can fire as well as use vehicle abilities.  

If we could melee from K-Drive and cast our warframe abilities, that would be fun and unique (since no melee on archwing).  Hell, at least allow us to fire pistol!

I'm sorry but the glimmer is gonna wear off soon and K-Drive will be another word for mastery fodder.

Absolutely agree, there's no real reason to use a K-Drive when the Itzal can just teleport you to where you need to go without terrain constraints. I'm just getting the standing, and getting the mastery (as the parts make no difference). Would've liked to compete with friends for the highest score but they cap at 3k.

Edited by BtheLee

2 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

This. 100% this. Could lead to some even more interesting shennanigans when you faceplant into a mountain at a few hundred KPH.

3 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

same as everyone above. could not agree more. Iv already gotten over the "fun" of K-drives and now just use them to grind my vent kid rep in hopes that the speed mods will make using it even worth it.

some people might argue that left and right click are already bound to trick stuff, but they could easly make it so that holding down f like you would to get into your melee stance puts you into trick mode or something.

7 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

same as everyone above. could not agree more. Iv already gotten over the "fun" of K-drives and now just use them to grind my vent kid rep in hopes that the speed mods will make using it even worth it.

some people might argue that left and right click are already bound to trick stuff, but they could easly make it so that holding down f like you would to get into your melee stance puts you into trick mode or something.

They are alternate and cooler way of transport than Archwing, not the more efficient one. And more or equal efficiency was never their intended purpose. 

Edited by Acersecomic

18 hours ago, ChaosMarine said:

K-Drives should have their own levelling system and mod slots like Archwing (there's even a slot where you select your K-Drive in the Vehicle load section rather than wasting Warframe slots with a hugely situational mod).

They... do already. They have mods and mod slots, though no inherent abilities.

agree, though it sure would be a bit of a problem since both, the aiming and the fire keys are already used for doing tricks - and i'm running out on useable keys to fit in more ^^)

i solution might be a "toggle" on the hoverboard for switching between stunt-mode and fighting-mode.

While there are certain warframe abilities which would be completely incompatible with the K-Drive, ie Hydriod Undertow, there seems to be quite a few that would work quite well, Ember World on Fire

Still despite the aiming/ control issues it would be nice to have the Gem Cutter, Tranq. gun, Scanner, or fishing spear active while in the K Drive, even if it means locking out certain tricks if the keys complete.

In fact this could be a way to deal with competing keys when using weapons. If you have a weapon out you can only jump, boost and grind. Use long F to holster the gun to allow tricks and just lock out the Melee weapons.