Need help mining Amarast?

Amhiel

Question

Hello all! 

I've done a fair bit of mining in the Orb Vallis yet I've been unable to find any Amarast while I've got other higher tier gems. Has someone found it? Is there a specific place, gear or method to get it or am I just unlucky? 

Thank you in advance! 

14 answers to this question

hace 1 minuto, kaldewej dijo:

Have you bought the drill from Fortuna or do you use your Plains of Eidolon cutter?

Thanks for answering! Yes, I'm using the new drill from Fortuna and hitting the bonus mark most of the time. 

8 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Perfect timing = Thyst/Zodian

This is certainly not a 100% of the time thing. I got about 1/2 of a star and got Thyst. Could not have done it worse, and still got it.

I have gotten a few of the rarer things like Amarast from the "double ore" box.

hace 17 minutos, GnarlsDarkley dijo:

I think you should try to hit the marked area slitghly off perfect.

Bad timing = Noctrul

Perfect timing = Thyst/Zodian

Decent timing = Amarast

At least that's my experience. I have about 200 Thyst/Zodian, 100 Amarast and almost no Noctrul

I've got a good chunk of Noctrul so I guess it's a case of git gud. What do you mean exactly by "perfect timing"? Right in the middle? 

7 minutes ago, Amhiel said:

I've got a good chunk of Noctrul so I guess it's a case of git gud. What do you mean exactly by "perfect timing"? Right in the middle? 

That system is not correct. I am getting Noctrul on Perfect, Thyst/Zodian on worst. It may be correct some of the time. But it is far too unreliable.

Edit: I grabbed a couple of images to demonstrate:

Spoiler

Noctrul, 3.2 star

unknown.png

Thyst, 2.0 star

unknown.png

Amarast does seem to be an uncommon drop though. Do hit the small box that gives bonus ores though. I have gotten plenty of amarast that way.

Edited by krc473

1 hour ago, Amhiel said:

Has someone found it?

Okay, so I found one bundle of Amarast after ~40 minutes. It came from the bonus ore mark on a RED seam. So, perhaps just try that. I have not yet managed to get it from anywhere else. **It was in a cave, but I have no idea if that is relevant.

Spoiler

unknown.png

Edited by krc473

37 minutes ago, krc473 said:

It came from the bonus ore mark on a RED seam.

Then I was right about the perfect/decent tendency. I was just wrong about the color. Anyway thanks for your input. Will watch my future minings

edit:

scratch that. I found this screenshot from earlier

xeYTxrb.jpg

Thyst indicates it was a blue one and it was decently mined

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Then I was right about the perfect/decent tendency. I was just wrong about the color. Anyway thanks for your input. Will watch my future minings

Nothing has confirmed that you were right though. It's definitely in the bonus box, but no evidence has been presented showing that a better performance in the mining mini game gives you less noctrul/amarast than thyst/zodian. 

16 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Then I was right about the perfect/decent tendency.

The only correlation I found between drop and timing/performance was quantity of said drop. The better you do, the more you get. This did not apply to stuff like Thyst/Zodian. I was able to get everything with perfect timing. Excluding of course Amarast. Because I only got this once and when hitting the bonus box.

• It is possible that a better timing has a higher chance of dropping rarer materials. (Didn't that happen in PoE with Eidolon Gems?) But it is not a 100% thing.
Edited by krc473

Amarast comes from blue veins. There's usually a decent amount of veins in a close circle around Fortuna and on the road to the nearest cave (near the pipes).

The reason someone got one from a red vein was through the bonus marker, which can give anything from any vein color. So if you see a bonus marker (smaller marker than regular, along with the regular), go for it. Timing etc seems irrelevant, except for the timing of actually hitting the spot to 'properly' mine ofc, lol.