Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Rework Suggestion

Qianna

Shortly after I built my Trinity back in the days I've wanted her to be more engaging and less passive with her abilities. Bobbing mobs with EV and dunking an occasinal Blessing had been and unfortunately still is a major part of the gameplay. I'm not seeking rage of all Trinity mains whom became accomodated to playing a sort of AFK frame, but I would want to suggest a rework for her Link and Blessing:

Link:

Trinity binds to her allies in a 10/20/30/40 meters and sacrifices own defenses to assist her teammates transfering 30% of the incoming damage to herself for 3/5/7/9 seconds. If multiple targets are under the effect Trinity gains a 25 health increase per each player.
Nuances:

• Does not scale strength or range mods, but duration mods apply
  • Shields are depleted first and health only thereafter
  • Transfered damage is unaffected by armor of neither the target(s) or the caster

Blessing:

Trinity sends a healing beam towards a single target within 5/10/15/20 meters applying an aura of restoration, causing the target to replenish 4/6/8/10 percent of their health for 5 seconds.
If all targets are fully healed, the aura dissipates and causes a blast of energy that increases shields by 20/30/40/50 to all allies in range.
This effect can only apply to one target at a time.
Nuances:

• When the target's health has been fully restored, the aura bounces to the closest wounded ally in range until the target is healed or the duration is over
  • Duration and range can be increased with mods, but healing strength remains at constant percent
  • The dissipation blast behaves the same as "Vampire Leech"
  • If no target is selected, Trinity applies the aura to herself

Tell me what you think, would love to see some feedback too!

Edited by Qianna

30 minutes ago, Qianna said:

Tell me what you think

There are not so many worse suggestions i've read here

edit since OP doesn't get my implication:

Like said above this would kill Trinity in solo play. She already is almost only an Energy slave or just for babysitting the Lures in 90% of pugs/recruit.

sacrifices own defenses to assist her teammates transfering 30% of the incoming damage to herself for 3/5/7/9 seconds

She isn't a Tank. Link is her only real survivability skill. She cannot even stand the damage done to herself in high level content w/o it

• Transfered damage is unaffected by armor of neither the target(s) or the caster

a typical Trinity has about 300 Health and Shield since you can't spam EV to create Overschields.

Transferred damage in unaffected by armor. So you will not only transfer damage onto Trin, you will also not take armor into account? How in the world do you intend to tank 100k damage then?

Trinity sends a healing beam towards a single target[...]

10 percent of their health for 5 seconds.

We have like Oberon for this kinda s/low heal (plus ALL allies with unlimited range). Trin is the "oh fk, I need health right NAO!!" And how do you select the target? Aim at them? You do know that most frames jump around most of the time, don't you?

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

7 minutes ago, Qianna said:

10/20/30/40 yards

1. warframe uses meters NOT yards. I know they're roughly the same distance but still, keep consistancy please.

2. As said before; this will ruin trinity solo play. Normally i would suggest that you have your changes added as a bonus; but you're completely changing how these abilities work so it can't 'just be added on'.

12 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Link and Blessing would become unusable solo.

Sure, in that scenario Link becomes as useful as a weather coat in a desert during summertime. Blessing aura could be applied to the caster by selecting no target.

7 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

There are not so many worse suggestions i've read here

This provides constructive criticism, insight on your thought process and logical conclusion. Excellent!

6 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

1. warframe uses meters NOT yards. I know they're roughly the same distance but still, keep consistancy please.

2. As said before; this will ruin trinity solo play. Normally i would suggest that you have your changes added as a bonus; but you're completely changing how these abilities work so it can't 'just be added on'.

Changes "yards" to "meters" per consistency request.
As per your second point: how does this exactly ruin solo play? Can you bring an example where solo gameplay does not conclude in having as many damage reduction buffs stacked as possible?

Edited by Qianna

3 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Like said above this would kill Trinity in solo play. She already is almost only an Energy slave or just for babysitting the Lures in 90% of pugs/recruit.

Sounds more of an AFK mentality to me, which is why as a discouraged Trinity main I'm very much against EV in it's current state as well, but that's another story.

She isn't a Tank. Link is her only real survivability skill. She cannot even stand the damage done to herself in high level content w/o it

She's not a tank, no. But neither are most frames in the game. There's more to avoiding damage than just infinitely stacking damage reduction.

a typical Trinity has about 300 Health and Shield since you can't spam EV to create Overschields.

Transferred damage in unaffected by armor. So you will not only transfer damage onto Trin, you will also not take armor into account? How in the world do you intend to tank 100k damage then?

When you're going bold with those damage numbers, doing a quick session of math would reveal you'd need to equip Redirection, Primed Flow, Quick Thinking and Arcane Guardian to remain alive at ~610 EHP, taking in count both Link and Blessing damage reduction if you've taken 100K damage. It's unfeasible to waste 2 mod slots and an arcane to surive just one 100K hit.
If we can't spam overshields, I assume we're running ~240% STR & RNG, where the duration is close to 12% which puts us at ~1.5s for Link/Blessing and 1.12 for EV, with a cast retention /animation time of approximately 1.2s for EV. I'm guessing sustaining ~1.5s damage reduction auras which themselves have cast time every ~1.2s is impossible, and if it would be, that's inhuman.

We have like Oberon for this kinda s/low heal (plus ALL allies with unlimited range). Trin is the "oh fk, I need health right NAO!!" And how do you select the target? Aim at them? You do know that most frames jump around most of the time, don't you?

As per healing concerns: tweaking a few numbers here and there is just a nuance, where strength mods can scale as well and it's so much more powerful than the base ability.
Creating a simple mouseover targeting system with a selection of interface elements is doable regardless of player movement, not sure where you're going with this. That aiming is hard? Or...?

4 hours ago, Qianna said:

Link:

Hide contents

Trinity binds to her allies in a 10/20/30/40 meters and sacrifices own defenses to assist her teammates transfering 30% of the incoming damage to herself for 3/5/7/9 seconds. If multiple targets are under the effect Trinity gains a 25 health increase per each player.
Nuances:

I don't get the point of this. Why would you want to make Link to transfer damage TO you, it's entire point is that it's damage mitigation for you, not your team. This goes against her point as a healer, you want to send damage AWAY from you. Use Blessing if you want to give teamwide DR. And why would she take more damage than what the target is taking if she's taking it unmitigated by her armor or her targets armor? And it'll be really ineffective if it can't be modified by range, you barely have one teammate in affinity range most of the time, let alone 40 m. And as it has been said, this is completely useless in solo play.

4 hours ago, Qianna said:

Blessing:

Hide contents

Trinity sends a healing beam towards a single target within 5/10/15/20 meters applying an aura of restoration, causing the target to replenish 4/6/8/10 percent of their health for 5 seconds.
If all targets are fully healed, the aura dissipates and causes a blast of energy that increases shields by 20/30/40/50 to all allies in range.
Nuances:

• When the target's health has been fully restored, the aura bounces to the closest wounded ally in range until the target is healed or the duration is over
  • Duration and range can be increased with mods, but healing strength remains at constant percent

So discount Moira then? You want to take her AoE instant heal with free DR and give it the same issues and Frost/Ember/Saryn/Volt and their 1 augment? This would be so much of a downgrade in every way.

7 hours ago, Qianna said:

Shortly after I built my Trinity back in the days I've wanted her to be more engaging and less passive with her abilities. Bobbing mobs with EV and dunking an occasinal Blessing had been and unfortunately still is a major part of the gameplay. I'm not seeking rage of all Trinity mains whom became accomodated to playing a sort of AFK frame, but I would want to suggest a rework for her Link and Blessing:

Link:

Hide contents

Nuances:

Blessing:

Reveal hidden contents

Nuances:

Tell me what you think, would love to see some feedback too!

No. It would kill her.

22 minutes ago, kgabor said:

This looks like a straight stat nerf to Trinity tbh. and it would make its abilities somewhat clunky, like Oberon.

If anything, Well of Life needs to be looked at to make it useful.

They should replace it with a life succ skill really.

On 2018-11-14 at 4:28 AM, Atsia said:

I don't get the point of this. Why would you want to make Link to transfer damage TO you, it's entire point is that it's damage mitigation for you, not your team. This goes against her point as a healer, you want to send damage AWAY from you. Use Blessing if you want to give teamwide DR. And why would she take more damage than what the target is taking if she's taking it unmitigated by her armor or her targets armor? And it'll be really ineffective if it can't be modified by range, you barely have one teammate in affinity range most of the time, let alone 40 m. And as it has been said, this is completely useless in solo play.

So discount Moira then? You want to take her AoE instant heal with free DR and give it the same issues and Frost/Ember/Saryn/Volt and their 1 augment? This would be so much of a downgrade in every way.

If you're playing support mitigating some damage taken by friendlies is more support-ish than reducing damage to exclusively yourself as per Link. The reasoning behind damage not being completely negated by armor is that the ability isn't intended for 100% uptime, but rather a short tunnel of damage away from a group member to prevent risky situations.

Yes, I do want to revoke the insta-heal because it's only as fun, engaging and difficult as poking a leech with a stick. No, it's not going to face the same issues because it scales and doesn't regard anything besides health.