Liberate the camp bounty

Milarky7

Did you all make some changes to these bounty stages? They've always been a bit unpredictable, but I usually don't have any problems with them solo. I've had a lot of trouble with them since Fortuna came out. The areas are enormous, and the enemies spawn so far away from the center that I don't get a chance to find them, much less kill them, before the control counter zeroes out.

• Like 11

I forgot which Bounty it was

7 minutes ago, Milarky7 said:

but I usually don't have any problems with them solo. I've had a lot of trouble with them since Fortuna came out. The areas are enormous, and the enemies spawn so far away from the center that I don't get a chance to find them, much less kill them, before the control counter zeroes out.

and this sadly didn't help me remember it.

I can only say that I only failed 1 bounty so far, which was this Interception one against Lv135 enemies where all had this indestructible Nullifier Bubble. (I forgot to kill those reinforcement beacons and then they were this high lol)

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 2

Hotfix did nothing. Just failed a liberate bounty in PoE with 0 enemies in sight. Seems like the counter goes faster, and there are no drop-pods. Not to be confused with drop-ships, which still do arrive, but take so long to arrive and are so far away that I don't get a chance to find the enemies before the counter zeroes out. Sometimes, the drop-pods do show up, and then I can complete the bounty, but the counter still drops much faster than normal. Again, this is a new problem, as of Fortuna. I never had this problem before.

How about adding a similar approach as orb vallis? Have greeneer deploy some kind of 'reinforcements signal' that call in a squad via drop pods if it is left up for a few seconds. The signal would then continue to call additional reinforcements in set intervals and the 'difficulty' is more tied to the amount of signals currently active. Plus the units spawned that way will always seek out the player no matter what. 

Currently hitting my head against this issue.

It's bad.

Twice today I've failed bounties because of this objective. The area is too large, enemy spawns are too few and too slow, and I'm being swarmed by enemies after the objective has failed.

Unless DE wants solo players to buy a Lanka riven and complete this objective by one-hitting the dropships, this needs attention.

Failed three times today due to this. Zero drop pods landing, ships flying FAR outside of the control zone to drop troops, it's kind of like troops are bugged not to spawn within the zone itself, but the meter still goes down. The mission needs to be changed so the meter only drops IF an enemy is in the control zone, not just constantly.

Just tried PoE bounties because hey Augur Secrets is there. This is the first bounty and I can't even find enemies and fail the bounty quicker than it took me to get there. I was down to 40% before the first drop ship even appear maybe 15 seconds after it started. 

Time to ignore Cetus bounties haha. Now I know why I disliked them.

Gonna toss my hat into this as well because I'm usually a solo player (especially with Plains, I don't want to be that guy who just wants to get a bounty done and go home when others just want to spend time on the plains. Not to mention I don't want to hold the team back either) and I didn't have much difficulty pre-Fortuna with a range build Rhino/Gara and their 4. But now even with my friend and I we've had very close calls with Liberations. They seriously need to be rebalanced.

It'd be awesome if, like, the control area scaled based on how many players are in your squad.

Same problem. No drop pods. The area is bigger? The counter goes down even if there are no enemies (I was on Mesa and Void dashing a lot).

Edit: ships contribute to decay of control level counter or something? They give 10% of control then blown (have that ever happened before?) and even if they spawn not in the yellow circle, they and their cargo seem to count as a squad of Grineer sitting in the middle of the area.

Edited by rand0mname

Also run into this. Only way to complete this bounty was to get my vectis, get to sniper position and shoot like crazy. Still it was a close one. As far as I can tell the counter does not care about how many enemies are around it falls at set speed and for every kill you get some % back like in sanctuary onslought. Which is bad when there are no enemies. I dont know how it worked before I avoided POE as much as possible, returned now for revenant.

I'm posting these after failing 4 tier 5 bounties in POE - all of them in as soon as I hit this mission. I tend to keep quiet for most issues. I don't mind the mild grind. I don't mind most bugs. I can solo pretty much all content in game. BUT I can't really express how frustrating this mission is! SPAWN rates are impossible. SPAWN/Mission areas are impossible. Your control meter keeps dropping whether there are enemies on sight or not. 

What's really the point here? Provide a challenge based on pure RNG luck? I find this mission to be more or less tolerable whenever you are working in a rather flat camp; but as soon you are given one in a hill that overlaps some other odd surfaces you are pretty much guarantee a "failed bounty". 

Perhaps just adding markers to enemies would fix this issue? How about making that control meter actually reflect enemies trying to capture the area? snipe drop ships as they come along? 

• Like 1

I've had a few issues with timed out missions particularly on PoE, less so to my memory in Fortuna, where I have plenty and nothings spawn rates. I'd be fine with having a large area as long as there's at least some consistency for these. As a solo player (mostly because my ping isn't the best and I like having the option to leave on my time not on others) this can be frustrating when you go the first few missions fine then go through the first one or two minutes of a timed mission then nothing and no-one shows up. I might be more understanding if this was actually a game feature and there was a way to keep it going to seeing as it isn't (as far as I can tell) it's irritating to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I found this thread...I knew something was different!!!  I NEVER had an issue with this bounty stage solo tier 5 until recently, now I fail probably 75% of the attempts.  It's extremely frustrating because there are no enemies in sight (confirmed on a flatter camp with good sightlines) and yet the counter is still falling fast.  Not sure exactly what changed but DE, please look at this again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 to this topic. Got a bounty at the giant electric turbine thing near the coast, and it seemed like some of the enemies were spawning in the extensive cave system, and others on the surface. Failed the bounty running around just trying to find enemies.

Used to really appreciate the camp liberation objectives, but a few of them have such weird spawn issues now that they're near impossible solo.

• 1 month later...

Enemies spawning too far away and/or too few in numbers while still heavily draining the control level is still very much a problem with the 'Liberate the Camp' objective in Plains bounties and 99% of the time is the reason why my bounties fail (which i usually run solo).  I really hope this is one of the things that gets addressed when they add in the PoE remaster and stuff (heard a little tid bit mentioned in prime time earlier), because failing bounties due to poor/buggy objective design is very frustrating and wastes lots of time.

Almost four months later, and it's still very buggy. I think I know what's wrong, though. The drop ships count against the timer whether or not they're inside the drop zone, but sometimes their pathfinding breaks, and they get stuck on some terrain on the plains (similar to how the smaller fighter craft sometimes get stuck on the ground), meaning they never make it to the drop zone, but still tank the timer. This can happen with multiple drop ships, which is why sometimes the counter drops like a rock, and sometimes it just drops a little faster than it should. Simple fix: make sure the drop ships only register with the timer when inside the drop zone. If some minimum number of enemies aren't inside the drop zone within a certain window of time (because they got hung up on terrain), send them in directly with drop pods, instead. I know pathfinding bugs can sometimes be the worst to fix, so this should be a simpler solution.