FETCH says 13.5m, VACUUM says 11.5m (Where these not supposed to be equal)

angryjanitor

1 minute ago, clxrffdman said:

Why? I dont see why they should be equal. Sentinels are still superior as they can REZ you. Only guys getting screwed here are the moa pets, who use vacuum but can't use sacrifice.

Why would they not be equal. Smeeta Kavats are superior as they double your drops.

A 2x drop buff is great, if you can control when it goes off. Sentinels rez you everytime, and have 4 revives, and carriers ammo conversion precept is vital in endless runs to keep going.

1 minute ago, angryjanitor said:

Why would they not be equal. Smeeta Kavats are superior as they double your drops.

12 minutes ago, clxrffdman said:

A 2x drop buff is great, if you can control when it goes off. Sentinels rez you everytime, and have 4 revives, and carriers ammo conversion precept is vital in endless runs to keep going.

I'm still not seeing how the revive is better though.

The revive is only good if you are bad at the game and die. Are you dying regularly in your missions?

11 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

The revive is only good if you are bad at the game and die. Are you dying regularly in your missions?

Also, 99.999999999% of the time, if something killed me, it killed my Sentinel too.  Sooo....was always useless in my eyes.  

1 hour ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

It’s most likely a bug since I believe that Fetch was originally 11.5m unless I’m mistaken and always has been 13.5m.

fetch has been 13.5 since day one. i don't see why it should be equal. Sentinels anyway have things kavats simply probably won't ever have.

( second, Kavats are end-game companions, let them having upgraded mod, huh? )

4 hours ago, Obviousclone said:

in endless runs, that extra rez counts, as if you dont have your sentinel, you got 4 revives and you're out. Sometimes things get tough and the rez is very useful. Primed regen also ensures that even if the sentinel dies mid rez, you will get the rez off as the duration of immortality from primed regen is longer than the time it takes to rez you.

2 hours ago, WaterFalll said:

To me, sentinels only flying close to tenno but beasts are running around like crazy. So they earn that 2m buff :laugh:

if you read the patch note carefully you will see that both mods now work as radius from your warframe.

Edited by angryjanitor

Considering sentinals hover over your shoulder the vacuum is always around you where as pets tend to be all over the place and still have a chance to miss more loot even with a larger radius.  Then when they teleport to you from 2 rooms back cause they have to finish off that one guy, all that loot would be lost in between.  Even with a smaller radius sentinals should still be better for loot gathering.

Just now, (PS4)Ashagin said:

Considering sentinals hover over your shoulder the vacuum is always around you where as pets tend to be all over the place and still have a chance to miss more loot even with a larger radius.  Then when they teleport to you from 2 rooms back cause they have to finish off that one guy, all that loot would be lost in between.  Even with a smaller radius sentinals should still be better for loot gathering.

if you read the patch note carefully you will see that both mods now work as radius from your warframe.

19 hours ago, mikakor said:

fetch has been 13.5 since day one. i don't see why it should be equal. Sentinels anyway have things kavats simply probably won't ever have.

( second, Kavats are end-game companions, let them having upgraded mod, huh? )

• Straight from 24.0.2 notes:
  • Both Vacuum and Fetch Mods now pull the items directly to the Warframe as opposed to the Sentinel/Pet. Pets in Warframe don’t mimic the same ‘follow’ logic like Sentinels, so they would end up running around with items instead of giving them to you. So basically very bad at fetching.... 
  • EDIT: Increased the Fetch radius to 13.5m from 11.5m. 

Fetch was 11.5 m on day 1. They buffed it to 13.5m at the same time as making it pull to the warframe (AKA Vacuum), so now its just a larger vacuum.

On top of this, Kavats in particular have:

DOUBLE DROPS for 160 seconds (120sec and +30% from the Tek Enhance)

They also have INSANE survivability (Mischief (12 sec invis, 7 sec CD, Tek Assault 60% chance to IGNORE lethal damage and 4sec (likely 6sec with Tek Enhance but I didn't check) INVINCIBILITY afterward, Medi-pet Kit +6 health regen/sec). Kavats have higher Shields and Health than even the tankiest sentinel (carrier prime).

Pretty much the only use for Sentinels was Vacuum and Helios scanning.

Now that Kavats not only have Superior Vacuum but also Charm and Superior Survivability, I will be using my Kavat 95% of the time (once I get all scans done in any new content by using Helios).

6 minutes ago, WaterFalll said:

What I focus is the 2m gap if you read my comment carefully :laugh:

If both Fetch vacuums in a 13.5m radius around your warframe and Vaccum vacuums in a 11.5m radius around your warframe then I fail to see what point you are trying to make. 😀😀🤣

1 hour ago, angryjanitor said:
  • Both Vacuum and Fetch Mods now pull the items directly to the Warframe as opposed to the Sentinel/Pet. Pets in Warframe don’t mimic the same ‘follow’ logic like Sentinels, so they would end up running around with items instead of giving them to you. So basically very bad at fetching.... 

Fetch was 11.5 m on day 1. They buffed it to 13.5m at the same time as making it pull to the warframe (AKA Vacuum), so now its just a larger vacuum.

They also have INSANE survivability (Mischief (12 sec invis, 7 sec CD, Tek Assault 60% chance to IGNORE lethal damage and 4sec (likely 6sec with Tek Enhance but I didn't check) INVINCIBILITY afterward, Medi-pet Kit +6 health regen/sec). Kavats have higher Shields and Health than even the tankiest sentinel (carrier prime).

Now that Kavats not only have Superior Vacuum but also Charm and Superior Survivability, I will be using my Kavat 95% of the time (once I get all scans done in any new content by using Helios).

That's awesome to hear. My kavat was such a huge pain to grow and I often shelved it in favour of other pets.

2 hours ago, angryjanitor said:

You are conveniently forgetting to mention that they also have a three time Regen and can Rez you. But it's not important, is it? 

As for the range, the DESCRIPTION of fetch on day one was 13.5. if it was the case or no when in gameplay, I couldn't tell. Sentinels have their own advantage, let it be that way.