Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna Enemy Nerf?

(PSN)kfrancis902

Did people really get Fortuna difficulty nerfed I just watch a LifeofRio vid. I'm on Console so I have to wait a while. If true was it really justifiable? If not DE is really bending over backwards for new players and Venus????  There is so much content to get through before you have to complain about Venus difficulty. But as I said I havent played yet so was it justifiable?

37 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Their damage did not match other enemies of similar level. It's still the second planet. They could independently boost the final bounties enemy level but Rio likes drama for clicks.

Or rather there was an influx of people who didn't play this game for more than 20 minutes trying to act like superman and getting their arses kicked and complaining too much that they actually had to play the game and get good at it. So, instead, they crybabied that enemies were too tough and asked for a nerf instead of doing low level missions, playing with a squad, leveling stuff up, etc.

Personally I thought the difficulty was in a pretty good sweetspot before the patch. The nerf wasn't massive, but still noticable. No match for my tanky Nyx, but I guess it's kind of a good thing that you can now bring some more squishy frames as well for the more or less intense toroid grind. The new enemies has a lot of knock-back attacks, so it does get dangerous if your frame can't take a few hits while you're bouncing around. 

I also keep saying that just because it's on the second planet doesn't mean everything has to be newbie-friendly. I understand that DE want new players to be able to somewhat enjoy it before spending hundreds of hours into the game, but there should be bounties and parts that are just meant for players of higher level. I remember the first time I went to PoE and I got completely butchered. I just thought "okay I'm not ready for this area yet" and focused on progressing through the starmap instead and got better stuff along the way, then returned to the plains and had a great time. Nothing wrong with that, and it should be the same in Fortuna imo. 

3 minutes ago, SirTobe said:

I remember the first time I went to PoE and I got completely butchered. I just thought "okay I'm not ready for this area yet" and focused on progressing through the starmap instead and got better stuff along the way, then returned to the plains and had a great time. Nothing wrong with that, and it should be the same in Fortuna imo. 

Thank you, my goodness if you are on Venus there is so much content to do now for new players before you ask for nerfing content. But if people say it was not matching the correct level ok then. As I said Im on console so I have to wait. guess no challenging content for me.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

Thank you, my goodness if you are on Venus there is so much content to do now for new players before you ask for nerfing content. But if people say it was not matching the correct level ok then. As I said Im on console so I have to wait. guess no challenging content for me.

It's ALMOST as if there wasn't a way to select how hard your bounties can be, with the lowest possible level of content being 15-20 which is extremely new player friendly, and it's almost as if you couldn't squad up with other people that could ressurrect you infinitely without penalty.... weird.... 🤔

58 minutes ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

Did people really get Fortuna difficulty nerfed I just watch a LifeofRio vid.

PS4 player basing their opinion on a youtuber's video.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

Well thats an unbiased assessment of RIo lol

Everyone had to deal with his oh so helpful ConTeNt DrOuGht video's fans.

1) It's Venus. There's an expectation of what enemies you might find there.
2) Enemies had a certain level that, at the very least, suggested if not outright said what the enemy should have been doing for damage. The enemies were not doing what their level said.
3) There is a mechanic specifically for increasing the danger for anything you do on OV, the threat system. This is where the challenge should come from. Not for anyone who thought level 20 enemies should be doing Sortie level shenanigans right off the bat.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

Or you could wait for it to hit console and judge for yourself. It's actually pretty fun just to play.

5 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

so? it was true, and what he said was also true. people didn't just blindly followed him, he simply put words on what everyone ( and the devs too. would you look at this.) was thinking. may you like him or not, he was right.

15 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

3) There is a mechanic specifically for increasing the danger for anything you do on OV, the threat system. This is where the challenge should come from. Not for anyone who thought level 20 enemies should be doing Sortie level shenanigans right off the bat.

And said mechanic could also be used to DECREASE the level of danger of anything you do in Fortuna, so people who wanted to do lvl 20 content could simply shoot those pylons twice and be good with it... 🤔

10 minutes ago, mikakor said:

so? it was true, and what he said was also true. people didn't just blindly followed him, he simply put words on what everyone ( and the devs too. would you look at this.) was thinking. may you like him or not, he was right.

People did blindly follow him and make roughly 7.5 googol threads, usually accompanied by a helpful link to the video, about it. At the time it was made, there was already a narrative and he just latched on and amplified it. We knew it, the devs knew it, but instead of waiting for the content to be out people kept making threads about something the devs were working as fast as they could to fix it.

Surprise, surprise he makes another video apparently to whip up the mob about a trivial change to bring enemies into line with what their level actually means.

20 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

4 minutes ago, Nitro747 said:

And said mechanic could also be used to DECREASE the level of danger of anything you do in Fortuna, so people who wanted to do lvl 20 content could simply shoot those pylons twice and be good with it... 🤔

Naaah, they still need to make videos like this. We still are in a ConTeNt DrOuGht!

Like Mogamu, that made a video saying flufs every 5 seconds, or the other video where he says that Destiny's DLCs are better than Prime Acess, and that DE should lock quests behind Prime Acess to increase value.

But hey, we can't say anything. It's "constructive criticism", meaning that we're not allowed to speak against their "good" ideas.

57 minutes ago, Nitro747 said:

Or rather there was an influx of people who didn't play this game for more than 20 minutes trying to act like superman and getting their arses kicked and complaining too much that they actually had to play the game and get good at it. So, instead, they crybabied that enemies were too tough and asked for a nerf instead of doing low level missions, playing with a squad, leveling stuff up, etc.

I didn't see anyone complain about it what so ever. Also I hate it when people act like warframe is a skill intensive game. Cause it sure as hell is not. I soloed the highest level bounty with an unmodded level zero frame and a hek with four mods.

Enemy base damage was out of line but this doesn't change anything for any real "challenge" the map has. Constantly farming Toroids for example is still difficult with the scaling.

But so long as the enemy abilities aren't nerfed then their damage doesn't matter that much. Don't matter if you're being shot by nukes or toothpicks if you allow yourself to be stun-locked/nullified.

I think DE should revert the changes to the base units, but make the Alert levels to escalate more slowly.

What is happening is that newbies are allowing the alert level to escalate and getting overwhelmed before they realized it. Once they get overwhelmed, they don't have the fire power to de-escalate the alert level.

What is it with people thinking Fortuna needs to be the new endgame? It's venus. The second planet in the game, it needs to be accessible and possible for any player, no matter their situation. PoE wasn't the new endgame, so why should Fortuna be any different, wait until we get an open world map for pluto, eris, or Sedna, then you can complain that it's "too ez" 

I guess my question is this..... did people who run high level endless missions actually think that the original Fortuna enemy stats where "challenging"? 

My money is on the only thing that threw them a bit of a wrench was the new enemy mechanics. The second they get used to those they're right back to complaining that nothing is challenging. 

So the nerfs to help people who aren't as geared as they are in all likelihood had minimal effect on them in the long run. Cause they where already "overgeared" for the content. So is the complaint about the Nerfs justifiable, probably not. Tho the nerf itself seems fine, DE wouldn't have done it if they didn't have sufficient cause to believe that teh base stats where an issue. 

Edited by Oreades
clarity