Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna Enemy Nerf?

(PSN)kfrancis902

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Everyone had to deal with his oh so helpful ConTeNt DrOuGht video's fans.

Dont care about this

1) It's Venus. There's an expectation of what enemies you might find there.

Sorties happen on Venus no???

3) There is a mechanic specifically for increasing the danger for anything you do on OV, the threat system. This is where the challenge should come from. Not for anyone who thought level 20 enemies should be doing Sortie level shenanigans right off the bat.

Ahhhh finally something I can work with, well yea that is off, it was like when Onslaught came out and there was an issue with enemy levels as well.

55 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

I didn't see anyone complain about it what so ever. Also I hate it when people act like warframe is a skill intensive game. Cause it sure as hell is not. I soloed the highest level bounty with an unmodded level zero frame and a hek with four mods.

So then you dont need to nerf anything is what you saying lol

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

I guess my question is this..... did people who run high level endless missions actually think that the original Fortuna enemy stats where "challenging"? 

My money is on the only thing that threw them a bit of a wrench was the new enemy mechanics. The second they get used to those they're right back to complaining that nothing is challenging. 

So the nerfs to help people who aren't as geared as they are in all likelihood had minimal effect on them in the long run. Cause they where already "overgeared" for the content. So is it justifiable, in my opinion probably not. 

Yes, we did, and not just that, it was a conjunction of enemies being able to maneuver while dealing decent chunks of damage and having actual abilities. It wasn't like lvl 300 Mot enemies who just walk straight into you and will kill you with one shot no matter what. But it also wasn't "I can just walk around while clicking on stuff and they die and nothing happens to me". It really was a very nice balance.

There are a looot of low level content in Fortuna. Lots of low level missions. You can even easily control the alert levels. So yeah, the nerfing just made stuff more boring for people who are more proficient in the game. If a "new player" couldn't handle the easiest setting it wasn't because the enemies were too relentless, its just that the player needed to get more mods, rank up; you know, actually play the huge game behind Fortuna and the Vallis. Even if the real problem was them getting massacred by the enemy fire, nerfing how much damage they deal wouldn't help much...

34 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

What is it with people thinking Fortuna needs to be the new endgame? It's venus. The second planet in the game, it needs to be accessible and possible for any player, no matter their situation. PoE wasn't the new endgame, so why should Fortuna be any different, wait until we get an open world map for pluto, eris, or Sedna, then you can complain that it's "too ez" 

So you spend an entire year to make content levels 15-20 because its Venus?

2 hours ago, SirTobe said:

I remember the first time I went to PoE and I got completely butchered. I just thought "okay I'm not ready for this area yet" and focused on progressing through the starmap instead and got better stuff along the way, then returned to the plains and had a great time. Nothing wrong with that, and it should be the same in Fortuna imo. 

As I said Im on PlayStation so I have to wait but above quote is the logical process for me when you release content for everyone. Not request the content be easier, and if they request no problem, but its DE making the changes is alarming to me.

42 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

It's venus. The second planet in the game

So a newbie should be able to do a sortie level 3 once on Venus tile-set lmao?

I am a new player and played for 1 week. In my opinion it's harder than other maps in venus level but it's not impossible. I just have to be slightly more careful then usual. Don't go in gun blazing like Rambo. I don't have the mods to survive yet. I am struggling in Europa solo now.

Was it actually nerfed? I haven't go into fortuna after the Solaris quest because I am trying to complete the star chart.

Edited by ZesiMuerte

Okay why is Rio a topic of the conversation all that people are asking for is a level 100 area on orb vallis if that's not your thing don't go there your argument is that it's Venus and it's only the second planet but it took a year to get fortuna so what are players looking for difficulty supposed to wait 8 years to get too sedna? This is ridiculous that us looking for higher level content are pumped for this update and then see level 30 as the max 

2 minutes ago, Apacks_Ghosts said:

Okay why is Rio a topic of the conversation

The OP started off by making the thread because he watched a video about content they had not played and was purely going off what the youtuber, LifeOfRio, said.

4 minutes ago, Apacks_Ghosts said:

all that people are asking for is a level 100 area on orb vallis if that's not your thing don't go there

Should those level 100 enemies act like level 1 or one shot you because they were actually level 500? That's the change that was made. To make the trash mobs actually act like their level said they would.

If you bothered to notice, the max level of the enemies is not 30. There's a system in place to increase your challenge and it is not just stepping outside Fortuna and getting steamrolled by enemies that should not have been doing the damage they were doing. Use the threat level to do it, not have cannon fodder melt your face off.

Apparently yes they did nerf Fortuna. God that is frustrating. I'm on console too and I've been so excited for some new tough content in Warframe. Now I find out that it's going to be the same boring grind fest with no challenge.

I don't understand why DE is so bent on having zero challenge in their game. Sure there are some high level missions but 99% of the content I can play with half my brain tied behind my back.

My excitement for Fortuna just tanked hard...

Just now, (PS4)T_Lor1 said:

I don't understand why DE is so bent on having zero challenge in their game. Sure there are some high level missions but 99% of the content I can play with half my brain tied behind my back.

Because noobs and nerf warriors always exist.

I am not as salty as you only because the hard enemies were giving me Carpal Tunnel. I did a lot of T5 bounty brainlessly before the nerf.

4 hours ago, Oreades said:

I guess my question is this..... did people who run high level endless missions actually think that the original Fortuna enemy stats where "challenging"? 

My money is on the only thing that threw them a bit of a wrench was the new enemy mechanics. The second they get used to those they're right back to complaining that nothing is challenging. 

So the nerfs to help people who aren't as geared as they are in all likelihood had minimal effect on them in the long run. Cause they where already "overgeared" for the content. So is it justifiable, in my opinion probably not. 

In my experience, I was actually getting one shot or downed very quickly by level 40ish mobs. These mobs are (or were apparently since they've been nerfed) a lot stronger than other mobs their level in other places in game. Add to it the constant CC spam, AOE, and magnetic procs, and you got yourself a challenge that is way out of wack for this time of content. Most players would not want to spend a lot of time playing such frustrating content (especially when you add bugs. connection seems to be a lot worse now in my experience). If DE wants to spend a year+ developing nothing but content which will be enjoyed by 5% of the population AND put that on the second planet, that's their choice. They just need to understand its consequences.

7 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Their damage did not match other enemies of similar level. It's still the second planet. They could independently boost the final bounties enemy level but Rio likes drama for clicks.

yknow what I think? There should be a mastery rank lock on those regions. OBVIOUSLY, Fortuna are meant for players who have had their fair share of experience and time put iinto the game, veterans I mean (Cetus also but to a lesser extent). And the fact that Fortuna is on Venus really shouldn't be taken into account. Cetus is on Earth, the first planet! And I doubt even when DE nerfed some enemies there, new players would still be able to play there. Mastery rank 1 and stuff. DOUBT. 

----

I get it, DE wants EVERYONE to enjoy Fortuna but this is such a lose-lose situation. Fortuna and Cetus, they are on starter planets, Earth and Venus, despite that, I don't think they should include Fortuna and Cetus as beginner content. I mean cmon, even with the nerfs to the enemies, they're still hard for new players! The spider robots, The eidolons, Tusk and Terra enemies are easily, leagues away from the Corpus enemies on Venus nodes or Frontier Grineer dudes. What do they expect, new players who use low-tier, non-super charged, weak-modded equipment to be able to handle Cetus and Fortuna!?

Cetus and Fortuna are high tiers, veteran content, new players shouldn't be able to play them without breaking a sweat. DE nerfing Cetus and Fortuna enemies, not only solving nothing about this whole beginner problem, but also leaving veteran players, who want an actual challenge, with almost nothing that's worth their rank and equipment stats to do. 

Still, I get why they did it, not saying I like it or it should be like it but honestly who cares what I think, but man after spending so much time in this game, Fortuna was a good place to break a sweat with such urgency, but now it's kinda gone back to the old. 

54 minutes ago, Kyenhael said:

In my experience, I was actually getting one shot or downed very quickly by level 40ish mobs. These mobs are (or were apparently since they've been nerfed) a lot stronger than other mobs their level in other places in game. Add to it the constant CC spam, AOE, and magnetic procs, and you got yourself a challenge that is way out of wack for this time of content. Most players would not want to spend a lot of time playing such frustrating content (especially when you add bugs. connection seems to be a lot worse now in my experience). If DE wants to spend a year+ developing nothing but content which will be enjoyed by 5% of the population AND put that on the second planet, that's their choice. They just need to understand its consequences.

I don't even consider Cetus and Fortuna are places where newbies should even be, despite them being on the first and second planet, there has to be requirements to get into these places I mean, CMON! Even with the tweaks and nerfs to the Terra and Tusk enemies, they are still way too hard or at least, not something new players should be able to fight against effortlessly. I doubt any players just reaching Venus would be able to fight against enemies on Fortuna, they'd be like mastery rank 2 at least, unless they got mad plat and spend it on a buncha equipments then sure they'd probably stand a chance but for normal players, doubt it'd be possible to survive in Fortuna.

Cetus and Fortuna on the first and second planet? I think that's irrelevant. that should be considered as something purely....theme based, Cetus is near a beach, Fortuna is an icy place, Earth and Venus, where are they supposed to put them, the Void!? 

Edited by SprinKah

7 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Their damage did not match other enemies of similar level. It's still the second planet. They could independently boost the final bounties enemy level but Rio likes drama for clicks.

Stop your crying to DE all we get is nerfs now from ppl like you man up and just play the game not tell new player huh it’s not hard spend time playing this he game instead off post bs to DE might get some were on the game there give you a good warframes to use weapons so use them and saying Rio likes the drama for clicks get a grip he trying safe the game from ppl like you it’s to hard nerf it gun to op nerf it just sad tbh 

8 hours ago, Firetempest said:

But he is right... we are OP and the old enemys where not a walk through the park like almost every other content in the game. You finally could die once in a while! People need to get used to it that they should not be OP all the time even with low level equip. He has a point and I wish they would make level 4 and 5 bounties harder. Like +20% more damage for enemys and the beacons cant be destroyed anymore. Just hacked and deactivated. Maybe add also a permanent alarm /1 out of the 4) for level 5 bounties. Its a early planet yes but level 40+ enemies are late game content and should not be easy to beat from a new player... there are bounty stages for a reason... the enemy's are to easy. I hope DE changes that. Its pretty dull to wait for 4 beacons (and hope that they dont get destroyed) or wait 30 min in survival untill the game become interesting...

35 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

I don't even consider Cetus and Fortuna are places where newbies should even be, despite them being on the first and second planet, there has to be requirements to get into these places I mean, CMON! Even with the tweaks and nerfs to the Terra and Tusk enemies, they are still way too hard or at least, not something new players should be able to fight against effortlessly. I doubt any players just reaching Venus would be able to fight against enemies on Fortuna, they'd be like mastery rank 2 at least, unless they got mad plat and spend it on a buncha equipments then sure they'd probably stand a chance but for normal players, doubt it'd be possible to survive in Fortuna.

Cetus and Fortuna on the first and second planet? I think that's irrelevant. that should be considered as something purely....theme based, Cetus is near a beach, Fortuna is an icy place, Earth and Venus, where are they supposed to put them, the Void!? 

I ran a tier I bounty (just to check them all off my list for the day) and hit an outpost to turn it.  It was throwing enemies level 20+ at me with all the variety afforded an alert level 4 right off the bat, no stars.  This is an instance of Fortuna set to levels 5-15, and I was getting hammered by level 20's using mods and gear that no newbie properly challenged by level 5-15 content would have.

The nerfs were necessary.  Enemies scaled way too hard on the Vallis, just as they did on the Plains back in the day.

If people want enemies to hit harder and soak more damage, they can remove vitality and serration, or equip dragon keys if they can't bear the thought of actually managing their own difficulty slider like anyone's actually judging them for being an under geared scrub.  It's easy and totally within One's own control, and the only reason not to is for epeen strokage.  Epeen strokage makes DE money, but quantity matters, hence why raids are gone.  Like wise, if people want content to be made easier, they have to find better equipment and better mods, and do a little CC cheesing of their own... provided they could get past the nullifiers.  It's a pretty lopsided amount of effort to reduce challenge vs increasing it. 

And no, the alert pylons aren't a great way to control the difficulty out there on the Vallis.  It's totally random whether or not an enemy will place one down, and there's generally no way to lock it to level 2 or 3.  You're pretty much looking at 1 and a trickle of basic fodder enemies, or 4 and a tsunami of specialized, durable and lethal elites (the overtaker replaces the crewman and is basically a Bombard with a rapid fire missile launcher, and that's just to start.)  If DE wanted us to have finer control, then each pylon would = 1 star, and AoE weapons couldn't slag them.  And for what its worth, enemy special abilities remained largely untouched.  They just reigned in the raw firepower a fair bit so non tank frames could exist up through at least star chart levels.

Edited by Littleman88

13 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

If people want enemies to hit harder and soak more damage, they can remove vitality and serration, or equip dragon keys if they can't bear the thought of actually managing their own difficulty slider like anyone's actually judging them for being an under geared scrub.

So you support that the hole game is ez mode without artificially adjusting it by the PLAYERS side? Wow dude... games should be challenging. Thats the thrill. The nerf was fine but they need to increase the difficulty for the 4th and 5th bounties. That are level 40+ enemy! They should not be so ez to kill from new players.

17 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

And no, the alert pylons aren't a great way to control the difficulty out there on the Vallis.  It's totally random whether or not an enemy will place one down, and there's generally no way to lock it to level 2 or 3.  You're pretty much looking at 1 and a trickle of basic fodder enemies, or 4 and a tsunami of specialized, durable and lethal elites (the overtaker replaces the crewman and is basically a Bombard with a rapid fire missile launcher, and that's just to start.)  If DE wanted us to have finer control, then each pylon would = 1 star, and AoE weapons couldn't slag them.  And for what its worth, enemy special abilities remained largely untouched.  They just reigned in the raw firepower a fair bit so non tank frames could exist up through at least star chart levels.

Agree. It should be more on the players control how strong they the enemies want. Maybe choose from the beginning how much the alarm level should begin with? Maybe 5. tier sortie as default one point and on the others you could choose.

23 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

I ran a tier I bounty (just to check them all off my list for the day) and hit an outpost to turn it.  It was throwing enemies level 20+ at me with all the variety afforded an alert level 4 right off the bat, no stars.  This is an instance of Fortuna set to levels 5-15, and I was getting hammered by level 20's using mods and gear that no newbie properly challenged by level 5-15 content would have.

The nerfs were necessary.  Enemies scaled way too hard on the Vallis, just as they did on the Plains back in the day.

If people want enemies to hit harder and soak more damage, they can remove vitality and serration, or equip dragon keys if they can't bear the thought of actually managing their own difficulty slider like anyone's actually judging them for being an under geared scrub.  It's easy and totally within One's own control, and the only reason not to is for epeen strokage.  Epeen strokage makes DE money, but quantity matters, hence why raids are gone.  Like wise, if people want content to be made easier, they have to find better equipment and better mods, and do a little CC cheesing of their own... provided they could get past the nullifiers.  It's a pretty lopsided amount of effort to reduce challenge vs increasing it. 

yknow, I do agree, that SOME Terra Corpus enemies need nerfs.

But man, They nerfed the wrong ones!

What they should've nerfed are the Terra Moa and Terra Elite Crewmen, priority! Not because they're strong, but because they're the enemies that spawn the most. And despite that, Terra Elite Crewmen deal far more dps than the rarer ones that got nerfed.

I can understand the sniper crewman nerf, they were able to one-shot my Chroma from time to time before, and unlike Balistas, their Opticor are accurate so there's always a high chance you'll get hit if you stay in their Opticor beam.

I tested these things in the Simulacrum a lot yknow. The ELite Crewmen and their Tetra, out damage Jailer, Overtaker, Plasmor. Some of the enemies that were nerfed. It's just weird that they made the enemies that spawn the most deal more damage than the enemies that spawn less frequent. Check it yourself, it's ludicrous. 

Plasmor Crewman didn't need a nerf, its gun is like super low-ranged, Overtaker didn't really need a nerf since they don't spawn in a lot, Jailer didn't really need a nerf, since they only spawn in "Rescue Solaris" missions. And I don't really know about this whole alert pylon that replaces normal units with overtakers and what not, I don't think I've noticed it yet so I can't really say anything on that, I've done a few camping in Temple of Profit to like level 130, and the most I've seen are mostly...Combas and a buncha Elite Crewmen and stuff, i think Elite Crewmen by then still spawn a lot more than Overtakers. Combine with the fact that they deal a lot more dps than Overtakers, that's a lot crazier than the nerfs that we had. 

Edited by SprinKah