Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda is little game breaking.

Marakai

If anything, Garuda needs more buffs than nerfs. She's actually pretty bad right now. Playable, sure, but not really worth the hassle.

The issue with Garuda is that she has very high damage potential. Not very high damage, just high damage potential. She's slow, and in a horde game like this, if you're going to be slow, you'd better be broken as all hell or else you're just going to get demolished. 

The thing is, you have to sacrifice far more than you're getting back to really make her work. Take a chunk out of your HP for nothing more than a Passive Proc and a bit of Energy. Take your sweet time ripping someone in half, throwing a ball at them or just charging up your Ultimate so you can easily get wrecked thanks to you not even getting any Damage Reduction. You can't exactly block damage from twenty different enemies when they're shooting you from all directions, so even her shield isn't great unless you're camping in a hallway. 

Slow, vulnerable, delayed. In Warframe, that's we call a "bad thing". Also, please stop using the Simulacrum as a legitimate argument. Take off invincibility and try running her against such high level enemies again while using all of your abilities. If you're wondering why she'd be bad, it's because Garuda is all of the above AND pretty clunky, so you are going to have a rough time surviving, especially when you make yourself easier to kill for a really negligible buff in DPS.

Garuda really isn't as strong as she should be. Thankfully, she just needs a few tweaks and she'll be fine. It's really only her survivability that's a problem, not her kit or synergy.

If you nerf her, we'll just be stuck with another Ember, Mirage or Banshee. Sure, their damage potential is off the charts, yet you take one hit and you're screwed. The thing is, they don't have Garuda's ability ramp up, so she should have some better protection or CC to compensate. At least they have better mobility or less aggro potential. 

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

Why would you even ask for a nerf if you have not even tried her out. Garuda is S#&$ and she is in need of some serious buffs like a damage reduction skill instead of her S#&$ty and useless shield, faster casting animations for her 4 and 1, and an extra speed buff or something from her 3 because as it is right now it's not even worth using it.

8 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

I love that every video of Garuda being "overpowered" mysteriously takes place in the simulacrum with invincibility enabled.

Well, that's the place to test and showcase stuff. Trying to diss that argument is kinda stupid.

Or maybe you think he should go with other players for a 30-40 minute mission just to show you in alot more hectic environment how broken she might be? Nah, cause if he did that, you'd just say "data is corrupted because you used X and we all know how X is strong" or whatever.

Main topic aside for a second, I see a lot of people saying she is a glass cannon and needs damage reduction.

No.

I have 2 builds on her, and while the caster feels a bit lacking if there's another murderbot around, her melee style is on another level.

First I tried her as a caster in ESO, she won't do top damage, still does fine damage, but she offers a lot of support, with about 200% range and strength her healing rivals Oberon, but indeed feels a bit squishy, however with enough tools to manage.

After that I used her in the T3 Sortie survival with a more melee oriented build, not only was I the only one not to get downed even once, but even managed to outdamage an MR26 umbra.

1 hour ago, Ver1dian said:

Main topic aside for a second, I see a lot of people saying she is a glass cannon and needs damage reduction.

I also see Players asking for that but instead of her Shield which would hurt her Scaling. She got that Shield to scale her damage to her 1 so you can use her 4 to do serious bleed damage. So without that, she wouldn’t have good scaling.

4 hours ago, deothor said:

Well, that's the place to test and showcase stuff. Trying to diss that argument is kinda stupid.

Or maybe you think he should go with other players for a 30-40 minute mission just to show you in alot more hectic environment how broken she might be? Nah, cause if he did that, you'd just say "data is corrupted because you used X and we all know how X is strong" or whatever.

The least they can do is spawn 20 high level enemies and not pause the AI like they're playing barbie doll simulator.

Edited by -AiLuoLi-

13 hours ago, Marakai said:

That's not the point. There are other "nuke" frames, but if you make one frame much better than other simillar frames- that is not balanced. She is good frame but there needs to be limit to where you can just "one-shot" everything around on certain high-levels.

I think that combo presented on this video is just too strong.

I also don't like nerfs but we should also at least try to keep some balance.

That would be correct, if balance was actually possible in a game like Warframe... which it is not.

16 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Comparing Garuda to true "Hard DPS frames"

You realise, unlike Gara, she does not have a 90% damage reduction and a cheap way to stack damage.

Unlike Octavia and Ash she cannot become invisible. Garuda doesn't do true damage, strip armor, cc crowds etc. (I get it her 4 can allow her blood heart to proc slash, but that's casting 1, casting 3, charging and dropping 4 then firing the 1 after it gathered enough damage through a shield that won't save you from AoE)

Unlike Saryn her AoE is annoying to cast and needs a set up. Saryn's AoE self sets up so long as you press 1 and 4 in tandem and can be done safely.

Unlike Equinox she cannot just have max range.

Unlike any other frame Garuda has to sacrifice her HP for that level of power and press an entire rotation.

Don't turn Garuda into another Ember. It was bad enough.

15 hours ago, Noble_One said:

Image result for preach gif

5 hours ago, deothor said:

lolwhat.

When you're in the simulacrum, the invincibility toggle is convenient for experimenting with various mechanics without interruption. But if you want to test the overall effectiveness of a build, you don't think that testing it with godmode might be a teensy bit misleading? The absolute least you can do is spawn more than 8 enemies and turn invincibility off.

Also:

cFoHq1o.gif

Yeah, or he could just turn off invincibility for the test...

...mission just to show you in alot more hectic environment ..

That is the point. In real mission you:

Will get shot at. Wont have specific enemies in small area. Wont have time to prepare. Other players will kill them in meantime.

I can kill group of enemies lvl 155 with my Zaw in less than 5 seconds....with ANY frame.

You are saying its OP while you have no idea what OP is.

For something to be OP it means it can kill really fast without any effort or aiming.

she would maybe be considered broken if every enemy on the star chart was a 150+ Grineer with high amounts of armor. 

The "pause ai" option doesn't make any difference. Garuda can easily tank level 150 enemies if you bump her armor raiting up and slap  quick thinking on. She has pretty good survivability. 

When you take her onto normal missions however she doesn't really bring anything to the table when slash procs aren't needed. She can lunge, and self sustain and provide some minor team healing and that's about it. For general play her 4 debuff isn't needed that much. Plenty of Frames can nuke the map with raw damage alone.

Edited by MudShadow

"Garuda is OP because she can do a lot of damage."

zFyHOHC.jpg

*LAUGHS IN RIFT TORRENT.*

That's a damage buff in case you don't know from the symbol. Obtained in a mission. Without any bugs. Umbral Chroma can achieve, like, 900% damage buff.

Sure, it was obtained in ESO, but it's not hard to engineer 1000%+ damage buffs even in regular missions, and unlike Chroma, I can CC them all the while and still have room for utility mods. I don't often do this because I find it more fun, but it's possible.

14 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

I love that every video of Garuda being "overpowered" mysteriously takes place in the simulacrum with invincibility enabled.

Seriously. Please. If we're just talking about how frames are OP based on how fast we can kill 8 Heavy Gunners, Sonar Banshee is the single most broken BS in the game.

Y'all simulacrum warriors need to chill. And my god does it really take a freaking 11 minute video to explain "Press 1 to get shield+orb, press 4 to apply debuff, throw 1"?

Consider the following :

> Outside of simulacrum covers exists and it will block you from casting Dread Mirror and her 4
> Outside of simulacrum you are not invincible (duh.)
> Outside of simulacrum everything will fire at you at once from multiple directions, and you won't know where they'll spawn, which makes charging abilities a lot more dangerous
> Outside of simulacrum there won't be 8 heavies just standing around waiting for you to charge your shield. At best, you'll find 1 or 2 amidst multiple trash mobs 
> Outside of simulacrum, any competent teammate will kill everything before you get to set up your abilities

Simulacrum is just that - it's pure dps test. It does not reflect how normal missions plays out. She, like Nidus, requires setting up. Unlike Nidus that gets to keep his stacks Garuda will have to perform the whole combo from the start and the entire thing costs roughly 150 base energy cost.

By the time you get to mass proc her 4 and charge up at least 20k on your blood orb, the Mesa and Saryn and basically anyone with the ability to pick a damn polearm and press E will take care of everything. This is a recurring theme with Pablo's frames/rework - Saryn, Nidus, Harrow - they all require setting up their abilities and could perform well when left alone, but won't work as well with your teammates killing everything on sight. 

Simulacrum has its uses, but i REALLY hate when someone creates a "super powerful build" in the simulacrum that basically does not work in the real world. I guess the only thing worse is when someone uses that Simulacrum only situation to justify calling for nerfs of said warframe. Well, even worse than that is that most people seem to agree that Garuda is if anything underpowered.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Marakai:

Just watch this video which demonstrates how OP she can be. I think this needs to be tonned down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaGzzNhemx4

there are people who think shes too weak, others think shes fine but agree that there are some things which do need adressing. in any case she is NOT overpowered.

instead of just watching a video test her urself. simulacrum is not a realistic environment. its good for base testing, but thats it. also, have u ever played ash with a venka prime build just for his blade storm ?? garuda is a joke compared to that.

i dont mean to insult u, but seriously...u shout for a nerf obviously without testing something properly urself. thats like talking about driving a bus without even knowing how to drive a car. like what the floof dude. sure her 4s debuff is strong, but theres far stronger stuff around especially for endless runs where u actually meet such enemies. outside of such runs u usually dont meet lv 130+ enemies so some ppl might argue that u can totally ignore something like this and when u play that content there are far stronger things, like mentioned ash blade storm setup.

she needs synergy plain and simple , that kit is not fluid in use also needs to flow better but is a good start 

sure she can nuke maps but in large areas and surrounded from a variety of distances she can be taken down fast as i found out 

her strength currently lies in small zone controls which really hurts her potential