Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat 'Moderation'

LordTherris

is it REALLY necessary to revoke a players access to EVERY chat channel for 2 weeks for saying a single word?

why not just remove their access to public channels? instead of losing your mind and essentially ripping out their vocal chords because they said something you didn't like?

i get that chat moderation is necessary, i've seen the results of unmodded chat in other games, but you take this WAAAAAAAAY too far.

(yes, i'm chat-banned, for what i suspect is 2 weeks, for saying a single word that your moderator bot didn't like in an empty goddamn fortuna instance. suffice to say i no longer want to play this game if you deal with things you don't like in the same way as a Dictatorship does I.e. silencing every dissenting opinion so that everything 'looks great' when its actually not)

Edited by LordTherris

Common sense practices aren't exactly followed here unfortunately.

You'd think...

• ...it should be applied based on severity / repeat offenses.
  • ...you would be informed of how long it would it is intended to last.
  • ...you would be told what you were banned for and why it is bannable.
  • ...DE Support would actually be able to have that information to tell you if you tried to reach out to them.

Unfortunately none of that applies here and this subject isn't exactly "allowed" for discussion in the forums.

Edited by Sean

Just now, LordTherris said:

then why did a member of support staff tell me to post here about it?

Then you should copy that and put it in here.

Based on what I've seen on the forums, things like this either get removed or locked (or even posts being edited and not even seeing who did the editing).

Edited by Sean

From [DE]Leon

Hello LordTherris

We do apologize, however As much as we'd like to assist you, we do not get directly involved in resolving these chat sanctions through support, nor can we provide information about these sanctions as it is an automated and temporary action.

To make our development team aware of your feedback regarding the chat function, length of sanction or for failing to receive a notification, please post your request on the Warframe forums with your suggestion.

They are regularly monitored for new ideas, complaints, bugs and general feedback about the game, so rest assured your voice will be best heard there. To visit the forums, please follow this link:

https://forums.warframe.com/

As stated, we can only advise to wait until the sanction has passed which can be up to a week

We appreciate your taking the time to contact us, and we're sorry we are not able to be of more help.

if this thread gets removed, i have lost all faith in DE.

3 minutes ago, LordTherris said:

if this thread gets removed, i have lost all faith in DE.

In all honesty, it's highly likely that it'll be locked or removed. These threads just invite trouble. 🤦‍♀️

I get that you're upset, but perhaps you could edit your first post to sound more constructive on the subject at least? Comparing the chat moderation to a dictatorship hardly sounds like the "suggestion" they asked for.