Improvements on the Chat suspension system

Cephalycion

I just want to start off with the fact that I am NOT suspended from chat, and have never been suspended, ever. This is not just some salty knee jerk reaction post.

What I've seen from the forums so far is the repeated emergence of threads from salty people about how brute force the system for chat suspension works, and the repeated effort of mods to shut down any conversation regarding this matter.

Which of course is a form of censorship.

What I am here to discuss today is the glaring fact that the chat suspension system is flawed, and needs improvements.

Not a "it would be better if..." but a "it is not good enough right now".

1. Chat suspension needs to give suspended players more information regarding a ban. Duration of ban, reason for ban, so on. I've seen multiple threads from people saying that the only way to tell a ban is to see if a certain chat is silent. Clearly, unintuitive.

2. Customer support should be expanded to accept chat suspension reports. Chat suspension system as it is right now can catch many false positives and there should be a clear way to rectify the problem.

3. Moderators need moderation. When moderators ban people, there should be information spat out and stored somewhere about the ban and reasons for it, so support can actually intervene effectively.

Given the fact that this thread will be locked soon, I suggest you guys discuss in the comments while you can.

cepha

If you don't know what got you banned, you sure deserved it.

And your conspiracy comments ("form of censorship", "this thread will be locked soon") won't help at all.

Edit: And you know what is good about the automatic bot kicking people ? There are no "false positive". It detects forbidden words and punish you for that. Forbidden words are forbidden, breaking news, writing them will grant you a ban/restriction.

Edited by Chewarette

5 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

And your conspiracy comments ("form of censorship", "this thread will be locked soon") won't help at all.

Edit: And you know what is good about the automatic bot kicking people ? There are no "false positive". It detects forbidden words and punish you for that. Forbidden words are forbidden, breaking news, writing them will grant you a ban/restriction.

I hope this is sarcasm, but I can't actually tell these days.

41 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

If you don't know what got you banned, you'll do it again.

The same words can have different meanings, of which some may be offensive, and others not.

Just in case you were being serious, but I'm sure you are smarter than that.

2 minutes ago, Cephalycion said:

The same words can have different meanings, of which some may be offensive, and others not.

Fun fact:
It's not just about the words. The bot looks at the combination of words.
The word "trap" doesn't get you banned, even though people think exactly that. It's about the words you are using "trap" in combination with...

So really, I don't see that "different meaning" thing...